• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort or expect to see red and blue in final build. Is the thought there would be different colors for object to indicate you are playoff something different from slayer?

Leaked screenshots during the time the barn footage leaked showed that ctf was Yellow vs Green and people were like WTF? So we will have to see why it is so.

senador

Banned
The Dark Knight Rises spoilers

Wow really? Movie spoilers are getting to be a pain.

----

For new page since its awesome:

Fucking hell yes!

7/18/12 Bulletin said:
Will any 343-created Forge maps be released into matchmaking alongside the 10 regular maps? - Link1201

We won’t be putting Forge creations in the “main” matchmaking areas initially, at least. Certainly Forged variants may go in (rules, the odd object placement) eventually, but we’re still discussing how to promote and enable Forge creations in a way that maintains a separation of that kind of content from the main mix.

Yeeeeeesssssss. This pleases me.

What can we expect in terms of playlist setup? - JDHarbs19

The Halo 4 team is starting work on that stuff now – the MP design team has always felt that a more concise, streamlined set of playlists is essential to a healthy population of new and returning modes.

i feel like this is directly talking to GAF.

The Little Moa's a GAF junior now right?

With the console bundle, you announced that it would come with exclusive in-game content. Is this in-game content the same as the Limited Edition bundle content? - The Little Moa

The content is different and unique to each SKU. While we know there are completionists that would like to have it all, it’s not unreasonable to think that we may eventually make all of the content available after the holiday. I would also like to point out, since this is a thing that generates lots of conversation, that the unique or exclusive items are custom created and curated for that purpose or promotion or partner, rather than simply redistributed from stuff created for the shipping game. It’s a subtle distinction I suppose, but in our case a real one.

this pleases the completionist in me.

Homeboyd

lol I just saw this...

23622157.jpg

<3 u overdoze

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
lol I just saw this...

23622157.jpg

<3 u overdoze

Don't even get me started on that. I spent two hours last night looking at as many philosoraptor and other memes as possible.

My whole perspective on what I think I know about life has changed because of the stuff people come up with for the philosoraptor meme.

EYEL1NER

After reading that dumb "Duh, I just got a free copy of Reach.......should I play it?" thread, it got me thinking about playing Reach.
Now I've played Reach before, just not MP. I bought the LE at launch and played through and beat it. But that was during a period where I had stopped playing online MP completely and I haven't touched Reach at all in a long time.

I used to play Halo 3 a ton and loved it. I'm just afraid that it might be too late to get into Reach. I don't know anything about the intricacies of it's MP. Map layouts, what weapons are good/bad, any noob tactics, anything really.

Is there anyone out there who wants to tell me I'm being dumb and that I should just play it?

GG of Multi Team guys. My 1v1 versus red team was awesome.

srslywtf
Reach at its finest. Halo 4 cannot get here soon enough.

I used to play Halo 3 a ton and loved it. I'm just afraid that it might be too late to get into Reach. I don't know anything about the intricacies of it's MP. Map layouts, what weapons are good/bad, any noob tactics, anything really.

Is there anyone out there who wants to tell me I'm being dumb and that I should just play it?
Map layouts: irrelevant--they are all broken by jetpack.
Good/Bad weapons: irrelevant--they are all useless thanks to double melee and grenades
noob tactics: all of them

Ramirez

Don't even get me started on that. I spent two hours last night looking at as many philosoraptor and other memes as possible.

My whole perspective on what I think I know about life has changed because of the stuff people come up with for the philosoraptor meme.

JNNQJ.jpg

Also, getting on for my nightly rage session with Reach.

My prom vision was about getting with this chick I went to high school with. It worked but I found out she was pretty much a psycho.

640px-Knight_skull.jpg

Did it happen on prom
k
night? *ba-dum tshh*

these are great. especially thruster and hard light shield. looks like the truster guy is on fire, and the HLS guy is like "nananana you cant get me behind my puny shield." lol.

also what do you mean jetpack [343 version]? not sure i understand.

oh and btw tourney team: i got internet back today, so i can play in any tourney games now.

Someone said something along the lines of that if 343 sticks to this whole "HEXAGONS EVERYWHERE" look they should at least try and fashion basic shapes like Halo 3's style out of them. So, roughly hexagonal shapes for the simpler jetpack design.

When they say multiple environments per map, what do they mean? Could it be, say...

mountain range --> flowing lava and rocks --> icy cavernous forerunner area --> UNSC encampment in the same map? Or would it be something that makes no sense, like...

underground forerunner area --> magical zero-g space section --> covenant ship... underground

or am I looking too much into this and 1 aesthetic seriously means we're just getting one overall appearance (like how the forge map we've seen so far is basically "forge world"-styled with forerunner and grassy mountainous stuff)?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nice bulletin. I wish we could get Q and A sections like this every week, but then we'd know the game inside and out before launch day, heh.

For new page since its awesome:

Fucking hell yes!

Will any 343-created Forge maps be released into matchmaking alongside the 10 regular maps? - Link1201

We won’t be putting Forge creations in the “main” matchmaking areas initially, at least. Certainly Forged variants may go in (rules, the odd object placement) eventually, but we’re still discussing how to promote and enable Forge creations in a way that maintains a separation of that kind of content from the main mix.

werwequvt.gif

Thank the Gods.

This better hold true.

heckfu

Banned
Today was a good day for the post.

Just got back to my place and I have: 2 Bungie day shirts (that came with a thank you card and a ninja sticker), Ghaleon's shirt he sent me (thanks buddy!), and my diploma.

Someone said something along the lines of that if 343 sticks to this whole "HEXAGONS EVERYWHERE" look they should at least try and fashion basic shapes like Halo 3's style out of them. So, roughly hexagonal shapes for the simpler jetpack design.

When they say multiple environments per map, what do they mean? Could it be, say...

mountain range --> flowing lava and rocks --> icy cavernous forerunner area --> UNSC encampment in the same map? Or would it be something that makes no sense, like...

underground forerunner area --> magical zero-g space section --> covenant ship... underground

or am I looking too much into this and 1 aesthetic seriously means we're just getting one overall appearance (like how the forge map we've seen so far is basically "forge world"-styled with forerunner and grassy mountainous stuff)?

oh ok, got it.

umm, im pretty sure they mean one environment per map. but with some variety. like the forgeworld ish map. one half is rolling green hills, the other half is some forerunner platform jutting out of the rocks. they both fit the theme, but they look pretty different in terms of look.

also, i wish someone asked whether the forge options on non-forgeworld maps are gimped again? I hate that I cant, say... make the tower on Spire bigger because i only have stunt ramps.

After reading that dumb "Duh, I just got a free copy of Reach.......should I play it?" thread, it got me thinking about playing Reach.
Now I've played Reach before, just not MP. I bought the LE at launch and played through and beat it. But that was during a period where I had stopped playing online MP completely and I haven't touched Reach at all in a long time.

Play Living Dead. Jk
Depends if you're a competitive player or not.
Try out some objective playlists or anniversary playlists to start.
I like to avoid any playlists that has armor-lock users. or BTB banshee users.

Erhmmm, you forgot to mention Overkill and Moa..

I had 2 better questions but they chose the crap one :(

Will the compass and call out system return? It is very important for getting to learn new maps and is an integral part to navigating custom forge maps in the very beginning.

Do weapons drop on timers like drop spawn since they are ordinance; can they be placed on map regularly like in previous games? Can we spawn AAs and Specializations in forge?

Will the compass and call out system return? It is very important for getting to learn new maps and is an integral part to navigating custom forge maps in the very beginning.

Do weapons drop on timers like drop spawn since they are ordinance; can they be placed on map regularly like in previous games? Can we spawn AAs and Specializations in forge?

I don't think I've ever looked at the call out system for locations.. Maybe just out of curiosity?

I don't think I've ever looked at the call out system for locations.. Maybe just out of curiosity?

Call outs were meant to be customized via hill traits in forge but never made it in time. Would be a great feature in Halo 4.

Please. These two small things can make a world of difference.

Many games would benefit from both.

Yep. I bet most of the people who play the game don't even notice the compass on the top. It is so subtle there is no reason not to have it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
For the record: I check HBO almost every day before coming here.

Like Duncan said: checking HBO is good.
Normally I can keep up with the thread, and after being a part of HaloGAF for so long, going elsewhere for news just feels so weird. But I should get in the habit of doing this when I don't have time to keep up, heh.

I don't think I've ever looked at the call out system for locations

Before the game launched I thought the callout system was a great addition, but then most of the maps in matchmaking ended up being Forge maps, which made the callout system pointless.

Not to mention the fact that the developer maps had callouts like "break room" which had very few, if any, visual cues that matched their designated callout.

Normally I can keep up with the thread, and after being a part of HaloGAF for so long, going elsewhere for news just feels so weird. But I should get in the habit of doing this when I don't have time to keep up, heh.

I think it's also a reflex action, after being away doing things in the real world, for people to come back here and say "what did I miss" as a way to announce that they are back. This is as much a community as it is a news/rumors/criticism thread.

Before the game launched I thought the callout system was a great addition, but then most of the maps in matchmaking ended up being Forge maps, which made the callout system pointless.

Not to mention the fact that the developer maps had callouts like "break room" which had very few, if any, visual cues that matched their designated callout.

Solution: Don't make technical, overly specific call outs.

Call outs should be less than 3 syllables and easy to identify by their structure/landmark/geometry.

Some of the call outs on Powerhouse are just astounding by how overly complicated and thus useless they are.

i think i can answer your second one. i believe they said you could have both. i believe all ordinance is on the same timer. when the timer is up the game looks for what weapon needs to spawn, or what type of weapon should spawn. say a heavy weapon should spawn, it chooses the drop location and drops a rocket launcher, fuel rod cannon, lazer, etc. (depending on map). i think this is the whole semi-random thing 343 was talking about. also i believe you can set ordinance locations, or place weapons on the map normally like reach in forge.

at least thats what im getting from the july 6th bulletin.

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/07/06/The-Halo-Bulletin-7612.aspx

we've seen a physical armor ability object on the back of the promethean knight, so im assuming it can be placed down just like reach.

im going to assume specialization will not be able to be picked up, because there are a good amount of them.

EDIT: got to get off the internet, need sleepz.

FyreWulff

Fucking hell yes!

That's.. exactly like Reach.

edit: in the sense that Forge variants weren't in the quote "main" playlists initially, that all came later. Remember, we only recently were able to have Invasion dropped to 2-local for FW variants. Team Slayer didn't get dropped to 2 split until Squad Slayer arrived, and the intent was that Squad was for 4 split (hence no community variants) and Team Slayer became the 2-split centric list.

GhaleonEB

CTF looks to be Yellow vs. Green and Oddball looks like Purple vs. Orange. Any reason behind this? - Xx Overkill VR

Those are the current colors, based on stuff like map palette content, color blindness, all sorts of reasons, but they&#8217;re also simply the colors from the build that was ready at Comic-Con, so don&#8217;t be shocked if that changes.

yes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom