• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give away this female xxs tee for nudez or....

you can tell me what type of work Marty did to see himself through graduate school

FyreWulff

Wasn't The Cage in Team Slayer since launch?

I don't play terrible playlists so I wouldn't have known

As it is though, the keyword "initially" and mentioning that Lockout and The Pit can be easily remade indicates to me that they're not going to let up to 3 different base maps go unused in matchmaking. I'd be surprised if none of the Forge environments DON'T have a default map on them.

edit: also, H4 Forge variants are going to have significantly less drawbacks than Reach's Forge variants.

GhaleonEB

Today's mail:

IMG_7632.jpg

It was a good mail day. Shirt is great.

TheOddOne

Hey, is that the girl from Narnia?

Quite! And she, like all our cast and crew, is most excellent and was just as excited to be a part of Halo as we were to have her join us for the show.
THIS WAS AN IMPORTANT QUESTION. THANKS GUY.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
:lol we need a gif of the guy at like 2:57. He goes from laughter and smiling to a quick serious face. Please god someone do it.

Sai-kun

Banned
I'll give away this female xxs tee for nudez or....

you can tell me what type of work Marty did to see himself through graduate school

nudes incoming

edit: he wrote songs for tv/radio commercials, didn't he? or was that just pre-bungie. i know he did flintstones kids and mr clean!

double edit: i got my bungie swag today too. shirt's cool as hell, notebook is cool as hell. totally using for...music or something.

TheOddOne

It depends. Spartan Ops should extend the universe. Do not let it re-tell stuff. Tell stories with it. Stories with connection to the books etc. Let me give a example:
Spartan Ops season 4 or 5 is about that the Spartan IVs have to explore a Installation for a research team. They do explore, and experience a unique story.
The research data the Spartans gather will become significant in a new Halo novel. The novel only mentions that the Spartan IVs compile the information in a operation on a Halo installation. (Connection to the Spartan Ops Season created).

That's what I hope for Spartan Ops. Good gameplay stuff with a unique or continued story with very small connection to other Halo products.
I like you German guy. Even though you are German.*

*I was forced to reply this way by Robbert

FyreWulff

Also 343, since Forge variants will end up in matchmaking:

Please handle it better than Reach and be upfront and clear on map requirements. The performance bar was hushes and whispers for the longest time in Reach for no apparent reason, so people aiming maps for matchmaking had to essentially stab in the dark. It was only much later where it was finally revealed that Asylum was considered the performance benchmark (ie, this is as far as you can go in 4-split and work for matchmaking)

Something like "Maps submitted for matchmaking cannot use more than $400,000 and no exceptions for 4-split, 700,000$ for 2-split". Even better would be a performance/framerate indicator while Forging. But even those two would let the community hit the ground running faster instead of "eh.. don't use too many objects.. hey, that maps looks close enough.. nope, too much"

Another big thing that would set the situation apart from Reach is map screenshots. It's a known thing that all FW variants having the same picture affects people wanting to play on them, so hopefully that element of the player UI has been addressed.

Wow 5v5 objective is terrible.

Why 343 why?

Also something that I don't really see mentioned much in the long list of why 5v5 objective in Reach is bad, is the framerate. Most of the 4v4 maps can't handle 10 players when things get hairy. Fat framerate drops on most of the maps on a regular basis.

Also 343, since Forge variants will end up in matchmaking:

Please handle it better than Reach and be upfront and clear on map requirements. The performance bar was hushes and whispers for the longest time in Reach for no apparent reason, so people aiming maps for matchmaking had to essentially stab in the dark. It was only much later where it was finally revealed that Asylum was considered the performance benchmark (ie, this is as far as you can go in 4-split and work for matchmaking)

Something like "Maps submitted for matchmaking cannot use more than $400,000 and no exceptions for 4-split, 700,000$ for 2-split". Even better would be a performance/framerate indicator while Forging. But even those two would let the community hit the ground running faster instead of "eh.. don't use too many objects.. hey, that maps looks close enough.. nope, too much"

Another big thing that would set the situation apart from Reach is map screenshots. It's a known thing that all FW variants having the same picture affects people wanting to play on them, so hopefully that element of the player UI has been addressed.
And most importantly, as they mentioned in the bulletin, keep them very far away from base playlists in the game. We played an Invasion forge map tonight and it was basically a flattened, smaller Boneyard layout wise and the third phase was horrendously broken. I swear there is no testing for if the map doesn't play like complete shit for Forge maps.

FyreWulff

Wow 5v5 objective is terrible.

Why 343 why?

Also something that I don't really see mentioned much in the long list of why 5v5 objective in Reach is bad, is the framerate. Most of the 4v4 maps can't handle 10 players when things get hairy. Fat framerate drops on most of the maps on a regular basis.

They needed a 5v5 playlist to replace Squad Slayer.

Tashi

Yo, simultaneous gun kills! What's the deal with them?

I know everyone has been playing on LAN and shit but I really wanna know how it will play out on XBL.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I bench press my 360's power brick whenever Reach goes to black screen. My arms are splodin'.

lawful

Banned
Stinkles let's talk Halo Diet. I'm trying to shave off 15 pounds by the time H4 comes out, what's your regiment?

To be fair, this isn't a good question to ask him. All the most recent pictures of him have him sharing monster margaritas with Kiki Wolfkill

FyreWulff

I bench press my 360's power brick whenever Reach goes to black screen. My arms are splodin'.

Should compliment that with some HD DVD drive deadlifts.

Yo, simultaneous gun kills! What's the deal with them?

I know everyone has been playing on LAN and shit but I really wanna know how it will play out on XBL.

It'll happen as long as people can fire within a frame of each other.

And most importantly, as they mentioned in the bulletin, keep them very far away from base playlists in the game. We played an Invasion forge map tonight and it was basically a flattened, smaller Boneyard layout wise and the third phase was horrendously broken. I swear there is no testing for if the map doesn't play like complete shit for Forge maps.

How was it broken? Invasion's update was one of the much longer boiling updates in existence.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Stinkles let's talk Halo Diet. I'm trying to shave off 15 pounds by the time H4 comes out, what's your regiment?
-Eat 1 vegetable each time a Forge map is voted for in matchmaking
-Alternate between 5 pushups/situps/jumping jacks for every host switch

You'll lose 15 pounds in a week.

Also, biggy's question is impossible, lol.

It was only much later where it was finally revealed that Asylum was considered the performance benchmark (ie, this is as far as you can go in 4-split and work for matchmaking)

So much for a benchmark... Refuge exceeds it exponentially. Playing 5v5 on Asylum make the framerate so horrible. Bodies pile up quickly and they are the largest contributor to dynamic performance problems.

Tashi

It'll happen as long as people can fire within a frame of each other.

Well there's nothing stopping that. However for that to happen it would take a fucking miracle of luck and timing. That shit doesn't happen in Reach though. Even in low latency situations there's still a lot of room for simultaneous gun kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom