• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Knight Rises spoilers

Thanks for the heads up! Homeboyds post made it seem like it would be something funny/ gross rather than spoilers, context is pretty damn important when you warn someone to stay out of a thread in a way that makes them curious to see why.

tt4wO.gif

I've waited too long to try and figure out a proper time to post this, so I'm just going to post it, straight up.

They needed a 5v5 playlist to replace Squad Slayer.
So let me get this straight. They decided to ruin a playlist (Team Objective) by making it 5v5, and thinking they needed a 5v5 playlist because they wanted to introduce a 3rd 4v4 slayer playlist, all of which are almost identical.

To be blunt, that is a terrible decision. There is no defending that, it's just bad.
How was it broken? Invasion's update was one of the much longer boiling updates in existence.

For many of the same reasons Boneyard's 3rd phase is awful, but magnified. The core is located in a very easily campable building, including areas directly above the core. If you manage to get it out, there is a 10 mile walk to where the core needs to go with basically no cover, while the defensive team gets laser and snipers and a nice high ledge with a clear line of sight over everything between them and where the core needs to go, oh and a tank as if they didn't have it easy enough.

lawful

Banned
I went to that spoiler thread, and I really hope that what I saw wasn't true and the guy was just messing with everyone.

I pre-ordered my tickets today and I was hoping I didn't have to stay completely off the internet until next week so please please please don't do it

FyreWulff

So let me get this straight. They decided to ruin a playlist (Team Objective) by making it 5v5, and thinking they needed a 5v5 playlist because they wanted to introduce a 3rd 4v4 slayer playlist, all of which are almost identical.

Well, the post was in jest, and originally said they needed a 5v5 slayer playlist because lol 2 Flag Slayer.

I don't think we know the full reason why Squad Slayer died, but the fact that Super Slayer put Reach at the playlist cap and that they'd then have 4th slayer playlist probably made it end up on the chopping block.

At this point the Super Slayer experiment should be considered a failure and Squad Slayer returned.

GGs guys. G'nite all. I shouldn't be up this late to begin with, but once you get me quoting Idiocracy, it's over.

Sorry about the devastation earlier WolfGaf :) Maybe you'll redeem yourselves another time...

Well, the post was in jest, and originally said they needed a 5v5 slayer playlist because lol 2 Flag Slayer.

I don't think we know the full reason why Squad Slayer died, but the fact that Super Slayer put Reach at the playlist cap and that they'd then have 4th slayer playlist probably made it end up on the chopping block.

At this point the Super Slayer experiment should be considered a failure and Squad Slayer returned.

I know it was, but I think it was their actual thought process on the topic. What else could it be? There is absolutely nothing good about 5v5 objective in Reach, so that had to be it.

zap

I just came back from the afternoon screening of The Dark Knight Rises... I was pleasantly surprised by the Halo 4 trailer before the movie. It looked incredible, great job 343!

I'm surprised NZ got the trailer in theatres at all, let alone right alongside TDKR. It makes me hyped for the marketing push for Halo 4.

lawful

Banned
I just came back from the afternoon screening of The Dark Knight Rises... I was pleasantly surprised by the Halo 4 trailer before the movie. It looked incredible, great job 343!

I'm surprised NZ got the trailer in theatres at all, let alone right alongside TDKR. It makes me hyped for the marketing push for Halo 4.

Was the trailer game footage or a making of the game documentary?

So I've been temporarily credit banned in Reach, and I'm having more fun now than ever before. There's something different about knowing I'm not gaining experience which makes each game even more fun. Which is quite strange to use the word fun in the same sentence as Reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom