• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Countdown screams for Sword and grenade abuse. That's the problem I have. I'd be interesting to see how players play when there is no sword on the map in normal Gametypes, not MLG.

Shotgun and concussion rifle.

That thing is extremely annoying given the narrow nature of the pathways in countdown.

Karl2177

I did just try to go find your posts, but yeah, the Bungie.net forum system needs some upgrades, so I'll just wait.

I'm hoping to have something ready to go within a month, month and a half, that could possibly make the CC process much more streamlined if they (343) want to go for it. There's stuff about the process I'd like improved, and I've brought it up with them before.
The basic jist was that after the cartographers collect the maps, the community hardly has any input. There's not even a list of what the cartographers submitted so the community could at the very least download them and check them out. I love what Blizzard does when submitting new maps into the sc2 pool. They have the PTR and with announce the expected maps. Then they may or may not get implemented in the next season.

cocamola

Banned
Comes up alot in regular TS for me, uncaged aswell. I tend to do well on sword base because i don't play like an idiot.

Grab sniper on spawn take red lift and keep and eye on on red team spawn and the top bridge.

Easy kills easy win.

I always get Sword Base in Objective and Multi Team, Most of my Killtrocities are on sword base. I need to capture them and upload at some point. I might make a Sword base montage :p

Countdown screams for Sword and grenade abuse. That's the problem I have. I'd be interesting to see how players would play if there were no sword on the map in normal Gametypes, not MLG.

Get rid of the standard power weapons. Add a Grenade Launcher at the big door or sword spawn. Sniper at the Concussion rifle spawn.

Maybe rockets in bottom middle.

Shotgun and concussion rifle.

That thing is extremely annoying given the narrow nature of the pathways in countdown.
I do not have any problems with shotgun. Dunno why. But yeah I forget about that shitty concussion rifle.

Get rid of the standard power weapons. Add a Grenade Launcher at the big door or sword spawn. Sniper at the Concussion rifle spawn.

Maybe rockets in bottom middle.
Yeah. That's what I would say but it is too late now.

Striker

Countdown screams for Sword and grenade abuse. That's the problem I have. I'd be interesting to see how players would play if there were no sword on the map in normal Gametypes, not MLG.

Any map that revolves around shitty lifts like that screams grenade abuse. Factor in those power weapons and radar, it gets frustrating at times. Lot better under MLG rules and without radar, but that's nothing new on these types of maps (was same under Construct; decent under MLG, awful without).

Tawpgun

Chopper > revenant but let's be honest, the concussion rifle and H3 brute shot are like the same thing.

H2 brute shot was glorious though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Notes from what I missed since last night:

*Good bulletin. Glad to see they are really looking at how to integrate forge maps and keeping them out of tradition areas initially. Also, I will be in Austin in a week and a half. I may melt.

*Got my Bungie tester shirt in, no awesome sticker or card for me though!

Any map that revolves around shitty lifts like that screams grenade abuse. Factor in those power weapons and radar, it gets frustrating at times. Lot better under MLG rules and without radar, but that's nothing new on these types of maps (was same under Construct; decent under MLG, awful without).
That's true. But Countdown is different. The small corridors make it impossible to evade a grenade with such a large kill radius.

ElRenoRaven

Honestly i like countdown, if i had to pick 3 reach maps countdown would make the cut easily(as would powerhouse and zealot). The main issue with countdown is it seems like it was built with a more classic halo gameplay in mind when you add AA's and Reach nades to the mix it really breaks the flow. (the odd power weapon placement is not helping)

That's really my problem with alot of reach maps they all seem to get broken the instant you add things like jetpack into the mix.

I agree with you. I love all the maps in Reach. When playing them without Armor Abilities they are amazingly fun. Well all except one. That one is Sword Base. I love that map but the lift room just makes that map not flow well. If they had opened that top room up a lot more and maybe gave you another way into it then the map would play a lot better. As is though they just collect in that hallway and camp the lift for easy kills. That's sad too because other then that area I really like that map.

Caja 117

Yeah, That map feels very different when its on MLG, it is actually good and have an unique playing style (depending on the gametype there is a shift on what area needs to be controlled). but in regular TS this map is just awful: Sprint, Bloom, radar, and specifically sword + sprint breaks the map, (actually, any map with sword get broken because of the sprint + sword combo).

All of this make countdown a map as anoying as swordbase to play in, and personally I try to avoid it, While IMO, the worst map out of the box is Zealot.

ElRenoRaven

Oh very nice. Catching up reading the Bulletin for this week and I just love this question and answer.

Will any 343-created Forge maps be released into matchmaking alongside the 10 regular maps? - Link1201

We won’t be putting Forge creations in the “main” matchmaking areas initially, at least. Certainly Forged variants may go in (rules, the odd object placement) eventually, but we’re still discussing how to promote and enable Forge creations in a way that maintains a separation of that kind of content from the main mix.

That's what I like to hear. I honestly only found about 3 forge maps that were good in my opinion. That's meaning not remakes. Remake wise I found about 3 I liked. But man I really have hated the forge maps in Reach and will be glad to see them kept to their own area in Halo 4.

Why in the fuck are you playing Team Slayer?

Why wouldn't he play the best mode there is in Halo? lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I had a great post written up, hit submit and got the error. You guys missed it. It was so well thought out and informative.

Whew!

Well, I did tweet that because the site was down I would re-watch the MLG videos from E3. And you know what? I think at this point – while I'm very nervous about all the changes, and putting aside the things I know I will probably not approve of (like fall damage) – I'm more excited to try out all these changes than anything. I can't wait to get my hands on Halo 4.

Also, for Halo 4's theater, I hope the organization for films is closer to Halo 3 than Reach. I don't like how Reach organizes your film clips by map. It feels clumsy. Also Bregmann wants the ability to save a film from the post-game carnage report.

#TwitterAdventures

EvB

I fancy playing some Reach, if anybody wants to play a game with a filthy unwashed junior, then hit me with an inv.

EvilBoris DX

daedalius

I wanna play some Halo. Reach or 3. On right now!

I want to play some more 3 at some point soon, but probably won't be tonight.

I still think its a more enjoyable game than Reach, as long as you can get a decently lag-free game and BR starts.

Playing MLG settings in Reach on The Pit is pretty close though, if not more enjoyable; its just more difficult to put that together.

Vire

fqh3o.png

Cortana yells at you for exploring too long? Boo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom