• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
fqh3o.png

Cortana yells at you for exploring too long? Boo
She probably just reminds you of the current objective(s). I wouldn't take it so literally.

Omni

So one of today's challenges for Reach is to last 3 rounds in Firefight without dying...

captureuxt.png

Sure, Firefight Limited isn't for everybody, but come on... two kills? Really? I died twice at the end trying to help him. I think this challenge is going to take a while... eh

She probably just reminds you of the current objective(s). I wouldn't take it so literally.

Yeah. Probably like in past Halo games (with maybe a bit of a rampancy twist?).

Here's Cortana if you don't jump into the ship at the end of "High Charity."
Cortana: "I can't go with you!"

Cortana: "I have to stay here, Chief!"

Cortana: "Chief, leave me!"

Cortana: "We're out of time, Chief! Into the conduit!"

Cortana: "Jump in, now!"

Edit: Beaten by Stinkie

It was only much later where it was finally revealed that Asylum was considered the performance benchmark (ie, this is as far as you can go in 4-split and work for matchmaking)

So much for a benchmark... Refuge exceeds it exponentially. Playing 5v5 on Asylum make the framerate so horrible. Bodies pile up quickly and they are the largest contributor to dynamic performance problems.

Refuge is SO much better than Asylum. The version in matchmaking of Asylum is garbage.

Yep

Do we have an event or date signposted for when the next info drop happens? Really want to see new Forge environs, new maps and how they've fixed Camo and Jetpack so it doesn't break fun.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have an event or date signposted for when the next info drop happens? Really want to see new Forge environs, new maps and how they've fixed Camo and Jetpack so it doesn't break fun.
wwmonkey and masterbiggy said there was something nice coming on July 20th (or 27th?). They couldn't say what it might be, though.

Noricart

So one of today's challenges for Reach is to last 3 rounds in Firefight without dying...

captureuxt.png

Sure, Firefight Limited isn't for everybody, but come on... two kills? Really? I died twice at the end trying to help him. I think this challenge is going to take a while... eh

You actually got FF Limited instead of that necrotic arcade crap?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
As a general Gaf heads-up:

GAF's been running like total shit recently, and we can't really get it fixed under the current hardware so far, so I'm blowing a wad of cash to get a ~80 core xeon server array going for more headroom. I'll make a formal announcement soon when I have the dates of the move secured.

Falagard

I'm hoping that they're going to remove Jetback and Camo from War Games so they're not an option to use, and only make them available for campaign and Spartan Ops.

As far as I know they weren't selectable in any of the builds we've seen at E3 or RTX, so that's a good sign.

Yeah but Halo 4 matchmaking will be different. 343 won't say why, won't explain their decisions behind the Reach changes, and won't revert back to the older playlists... but Halo 4 will be better. Trust them.
You have to be joking. Halo 4 Matchmaking is going to be shit with Marcel at the reins.

Swarmerr

I think I am at the point of the hype cycle where nothing will be enough until I can get my own hands on the game and see how everything works together. Plus it seems like we are not going to be getting much more info till after pax.

I know it was, but I think it was their actual thought process on the topic. What else could it be? There is absolutely nothing good about 5v5 objective in Reach, so that had to be it.

To be fair it makes sense for Objective to be increased to 5v5 since there is a lot of down time when it comes to spawns and running the flag or w/e but not all gametypes translate well.

For instance bomb and flag may work with the increase to player count but not so much KoTH and Oddball.

Either way they made Team Objective 5v5 without changing the settings which in turn makes it clash with the player count. Flag return/reset and all the other stuff is absolutely broken with this many people and must be tweaked in order to accommodate them. Its a very different dynamic and player mentality with the added player per team.

They also didn't add any forge maps in that better support the team sizes. Countdown and Asylum don't fair to well 5v5. Forge maps like Wayont are much better and are actually play exceptionally well as was seen in Flagstravaganza.

I'm surprised to see that Affinity isn't in Team Objective. It was a pretty poor map for slayer but for some reason, with the insane focus on Slayer only, people don't realize that the map plays exponentially better in CTF. This goes for a lot of forge maps.

Slayer is so one dimensional and many maps are better suited for objective gametypes yet it doesn't look like 343 has realized this yet.

Promethean Knight Vs. Brute Chieftain(H3) who'd win?

Halo 4 needs epic Boss battles. With Didact and maybe Precursor that should raise the bar immensely.

Halo 2's Tartarus boss battle is a good example but was horizontal throughout the end, until you mix a Banshee for shenanigens made it amusing.

GhaleonEB

i love off screen footage. its such a tease

I've just grown weary of it by this point. I have yet to see a video that has decent audio with continuous footage and decent gameplay. The closest we have is the B-roll stuff from E3, but that had terrible audio and wasn't a mission play through, so it was hard to get a feel for the mission.

But then again, part of me hopes they don't show too much more Spartan Ops before launch. I think I just want one good video of the mission they're showing off.

I'm hoping that they're going to remove Jetback and Camo from War Games so they're not an option to use, and only make them available for campaign and Spartan Ops.

As far as I know they weren't selectable in any of the builds we've seen at E3 or RTX, so that's a good sign.

I too hope they remove jet and camo from multi (99% sure they'll be there though).

At the bolded: I think 343 said that jetpack and camo weren't ready for a public build, I don't believe it was indicative of AA availability in MM.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Heck, turn camo back into a pick-up and make jetpack one too. If it has to be in matchmaking I'd rather only one idiot has it.

Although bad players with jetpacks are quite fun to play against since they jetpack straight up immediately upon being shot. Straight up...out of any cover.

I mean, if you were a CC, and I believe you've expressed interest, would you continue to try to push Refuge?

Well its a co-forge so to be fair it would still qualify since its not entirely my own.

However if I were to be a CC I would absolutely put aside my forging b/c I feel like it is simply the right thing to do.

CC would benefit from having not only community leaders but also some experienced forgers in there to balance out the opinions and philosophies. Sure leaders may be exposed to some great content but aren't the really avid forgers also exposed to the same stuff?

I spend 12+ hours a day browsing every Halo forum and looking at all the content that is out there so I question how much the community leads really contribute other than their leadership role/role model status but even then it is also quite sketchy.

Mainly, however, CCs need some competitive minded people in there to give them a little bit more insight into what kind of maps are looked at/submitted. Its one thing to be knowledgeable in map design and game theory but if there is someone who is just as knowledgeable(if not more) AND really good at the game wouldn't that be a good addition to the team?

Just my little rant. Would def like to continue this in PMs or elsewhere.

daedalius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom