• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

a zoojoo

Banned
319407.jpg

GOOD PIC +10

Homeboyd

No one-sided ones so far? Isn't there one that reminded him of Coagulation/Waterworks, as well? Three symmetrical. Maybe we'll get another Rat's Nest outta this.
Yeah I counted the Coag one... I just could only remember the Waterworks comparison. Of course, he could, somehow, be comparing this one map to all 3. Unless he was just saying Avalanche because he was told to.

Enfinit

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can you confirm/deny there's at least interactive elements like stalactite/stalagmites in any new maps, or at least anything similar to scratch that itch? I've always missed those things.

Pick up a stalactite/stalagmite and use it to stab an enemy. How awesome would that be.

Fuchsdh

I learned to hate most signage after taking a typography class.

Yeah, but few still recognize bad type even with that, or at best it bothers them but they don't realize why.

I've gotten two or three jobs fully on the fact that as one guy put it "the type in your reel doesn't suck like most people's". It's a sad world out there with Papyrus and Trajan used as "generic historic type goes here", and people who would use Times for everything.

Which reminds me, for a show about design and advertising, why the hell does Mad Men have the worst closing credits of any show I can think of?

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can you confirm/deny there's at least interactive elements like stalactite/stalagmites in any new maps, or at least anything similar to scratch that itch? I've always missed those things.

Handy-dandy guide for remembering the difference between stalactites and stalagmites.

1. Stalactites = ceiling
2. Stalagmites = ground

The more you know.

heckfu

Banned
Handy-dandy guide for remembering the difference between stalactites and stalagmites.

1. Stalactites = ceiling
2. Stalagmites = ground

The more you know.

Stalactites have to hold on TIGHT to the ceiling!
And stalagmites MIGHT make it to the top one day!

Aggrotek

Yeah, but few still recognize bad type even with that, or at best it bothers them but they don't realize why.

I've gotten two or three jobs fully on the fact that as one guy put it "the type in your reel doesn't suck like most people's". It's a sad world out there with Papyrus and Trajan used as "generic historic type goes here", and people who would use Times for everything.

Which reminds me, for a show about design and advertising, why the hell does Mad Men have the worst closing credits of any show I can think of?

My mom teaches 3rd grade, and does all her newsletters in ComicSans. I want to cry.

Homeboyd

Dessert has two "s"'s because you always want two!
Desert only has one "s" because you never want more than one!

Right = 5 letters
Spoon = 5 letters
Knife = 5 letters

Left = 4 letters
Fork = 4 letters

Fuchsdh

Final build of Halo 4 has the kill feed in comic sans

Comic Sans gets a bad rap. It can yet be redeemed by people not using it for every single thing that's supposed to be vaguely hand-written.

Dessert has two "s"'s because you always want two!
Desert only has one "s" because you never want more than one!

Right = 5 letters
Spoon = 5 letters
Knife = 5 letters

Left = 4 letters
Fork = 4 letters

I'll raise you more arcane knowledge. Desert comes from the word "Deshret", ancient Egyptian for "red land", the zone outside the fertile Nile. They, on the other hand, were from the "black land" or kemet.

How about a Silentium/Thrusday War poster?

Three part question...

Who commanded the UNSC Iroquois?

What are the two elements that are used to manufacture Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engines? (Answer with atomic numbers)

What are the release dates for The Thursday War and Halo Silentium?

***If I have already given you swag please allow others to answer.

a zoojoo

Banned
For those asking for it all in the Halo font, here. I ditched it because I didn't like the way the G turned out.

where'd you get the font?

Three part question...

Jacob Keyes
What are the two elements that are used to manufacture Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engines? (Answer with atomic numbers)
34 and 43
TTW: October 2nd
HS:13 January, 2013

I might have to retract this if he doesn't slow down again, and I know I'm late to this party, but I've just caught up on the last couple hours...

620660111.jpg

Haha! Well done. I feel wanted.

I might have to retract this if he doesn't slow down again, and I know I'm late to this party, but I've just caught up on the last couple hours...

dlZjf.jpg

Three part question...

1. Commander (then Captain) Jacob Keyes
2. Selenium (34) and Technetium (43)
3. October 2nd 2012, and January 8th, 2013, respectively.

Enfinit

Three part question...

1. Jacob Keyes
2. 34 and 43
3. 10/02/12 and 01/13/12, respectively

1. Commander (then Captain) Jacob Keyes
2. Selenium (34) and Technetium (43)
3. October 2nd 2012, and January 8th, 2013, respectively.

If Zoojoo had said the 8th he would have won. Dax wins.

PM me your address Dax.

EDIT: Dear Heckfu, I take some responsibility for grammar errors, but the "would of one" was a Lion autocorrect function.

Three part question...

Commander Keyes

34 SE
43 TC
October 2, January 8

EDIT: fuck late.

Vire

In all sincerity, Avalanche is my favorite map from Halo 3, so if this comes close I'll be more than pleased. I have so many great memories of that map...
(Warthogs flying through man cannons for epic flag caps)

I thought Breakpoint was going to be that map that recaptured the glory of BTB, but boy was I in for a rude awakening. :(

Frankie, what's you all time favorite maps in Halo? I'm just curious since you said this is your new bestie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom