• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other fiction talk: Confusion 101!

1. Michael Stanforth
2. Harold Stanforth

Both have the same service number, both commanded the Leviathan at one point, and both have the same last name. You would think they're the same person, but that's a pretty big mistake to make don't you think? Stanforth is from the original Nylund trilogy books (FoR, FS), and Harold is from "The Life of Preston J. Cole." Are they related?

How did Michael Stanforth become an admiral so quickly given his birth date of 2486?

Whee.

Maybe they are brothers, or twins, OR CLONES!
Also why use Halo Nation?

CyReN

Certainly an awesome movie, but I could never make a call like that after only 1 viewing.

If it's anything I rewatched the previous in the last few days, seeing it again tomorrow afternoon.

I loved TDK but I just feel people overhyped Ledger (he was really good no doubt). This movie has a lot of chaos and a better story overall. The supporting cast is a lot better too. Score was good as always by Zimmer. There are faults to the movie but it's more with the minor minor villains characters and them just being more annoying than villainish.

Slaker117

In other fiction talk: Confusion 101!

1. Michael Stanforth
2. Harold Stanforth

Both have the same service number, both commanded the Leviathan at one point, and both have the same last name. You would think they're the same person, but that's a pretty big mistake to make don't you think? Stanforth is from the original Nylund trilogy books (FoR, FS), and Harold is from "The Life of Preston J. Cole." Are they related?

How did Michael Stanforth become an admiral so quickly given his birth date of 2486?

Whee.

Harold seems like a reasonable nickname for Hieronymus. There is still the age issue, but hell I don't know.

EDIT: Looks like the source of his birth date was the ONI Memorial, which listed Preston Cole's birth date incorrectly, so that might be wrong as well.

That's awwwwwwsome. I hope to do stuff like that in the near future. Maybe frankie can pull some strings and give us this track. This would be much appreciated from the more musical members of GAF.
He said he plans to do more 8-bit versions! Can't wait to hear "Requiem" & "Closing Hostilities", etc. 8-bit remixs.

No problems with gifs on my phone, 3 yo laptop, or ultra beast gaming and streaming rig.

But God forbid the only workstation out of the three in my office that actually has internet access tries to load the smallest gif. IE blows chunks.

a zoojoo

Banned
He said he plans to do more 8-bit versions! Can't wait to hear "Requiem" & "Closing Hostilities", etc. 8-bit remixs.
i want hear them in 128bit, hopefully, maybe one of the 343ers could throw us a fucking bone with a track :/
heheheheheheh

fuck i'm such a music dork
i will be honest and say i want to be a composer for 343 because i feel like i can capture that halo feel [this is not a plug] and the dynamic music engine is the coolest thing i could imagine for a halo game

heckfu

Banned
i want hear them in 128bit, hopefully, maybe one of the 343ers could throw us a fucking bone with a track :/

i will be honest and say i want to be a composer for 343 because i feel like i can capture that halo feel [this is not a plug] and the dynamic music engine is the coolest thing i could imagine for a halo game

Biggy wants to work there, too! Maybe yall can collaborate.

FyreWulff

Oh hey, I have access to a Kinect here!

*checks luggage box*

Well... left Anniversary in Nebraska :p

edit: also somehow managed to bring the Halo Wars box without Halo Wars in it.

^^
EDIT: OH LAWDY, KIKI HAS BEEN FRANKED
K cool, thanks.

I hope my Saturday ticket comes though. Payed $100 for it on eBay. I made sure to check the persons history and they have been selling PAX tickets for forever. She said two weeks before the convention.

EDIT: I'm still mute banned?! What did I do? How long does this last?

Homeboyd

How is she not approved yet? Kiki can't get approved but we've got lawful runnin' round here stealing people's identities.

:|

Oh, I'm Bungie now.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
^^
EDIT: OH LAWDY, KIKI HAS BEEN FRANKED

I hope my Saturday ticket comes though. Payed $100 for it on eBay. I made sure to check the persons history and they have been selling PAX tickets for forever. She said two weeks before the convention.

EDIT: I'm still mute banned?! What did I do? How long does this last?

I messaged some mods and I would hope they followed through and approved her account right away. Don't know how to tell though. They're in the Driver's seat. Will be cool tho.

FyreWulff

More Scorpions?
So a total of one?

It had two. Then it was cut down to only one that only showed up in Territories (so it never showed up in MM, since Heavies is still slayer only). Then that Scorpion was deleted when I fixed the bug where blue team's Wraith, Gauss, and Rockethog didn't spawn.

I'd like to have both the Scorpions back, but they caused framerate issues. To quote a Bungie employee, I think jonnyothan but might have been someone else, a Scorpion's performance cost is roughly equivalent to 16 Warthogs driving around in terms of CPU usage. They worked fine in testing but as it turned out, not everyone's Xbox tolerates them.

It had two. Then it was cut down to only one that only showed up in Territories (so it never showed up in MM, since Heavies is still slayer only). Then that Scorpion was deleted when I fixed the bug where blue team's Wraith, Gauss, and Rockethog didn't spawn.

I'd like to have both the Scorpions back, but they caused framerate issues. To quote a Bungie employee, I think jonnyothan but might have been someone else, a Scorpion's performance cost is roughly equivalent to 16 Warthogs driving around in terms of CPU usage. They worked fine in testing but as it turned out, not everyone's Xbox tolerates them.

Wait, you made the map?

let nightGAF begin!

It's always night in my world.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Going to finish Mass Effect 3 tomorrow. Probably going to do a LTTP thread about it.

Just thought I'd let you guys know! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom