• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Voting is just stupid in general
A lot has been said already, but basically it boils down to the game's map quality and the playlist management's gametypes included in the playlist. H3 and Reach didn't exactly thrill in the map quality department very well, and neither had great playlist management. While I thought Jeremiah did his best job in 2, he had his slip ups (Team Rifles w/ a Banshee). I think what helped him was the built-in gametypes already and the maps that played so well on, e.g. Rapid Assault on Ivory Tower, Neutral Bomb Midship, 1 Flag Zanzibar, and so forth. They had a ton of great combinations for the Team Skirmish playlist, so you rarely found yourself with a dud (like getting 1-flag on a symmetrical map). Whereas in the latter two games you found yourself more and more where you're like, "I don't want to f'n play this."

We have been told on a few occasions that we will not see forced gametypes in maps that do not fit accordingly - as I've said to Havok, I'll wait and see on that. Map quality is going to be definitely important, and one that will either boost or crumble the overall enjoyment in voting for H4.

Akai__

The best part is what started the whole thing is him raging after 1v1'ing me in Halo 3.

Still, maybe I can get him to pick up the tab.

Anyways, that's pretty much the end of it. If I die tomorrow, I'll let you guys know.

You know, I had a stalker, too. One day he attacked me and my skills in Karate payed off.
You have to be careful. Really sucks to be in such a situation.

Alright, here's the final product. There is 2 of each version. One sports a classic HALO logo, one a simpler plain Text. Both have Believe and Beli343 variants. Enjoy :)

HaloGAF logo Folder. 4 total files.

Dang I didn't even notice Duncan's post, will make more.

Good work, I like all of them. Would buy.

Tashi0106 said:
Pics?

You get the mixamp too?

They have a build in mixamp, you can adjust volume, game sound and chat voice directly on the headset.

Sorry, if it is already answered, but it's hard to read all posts.

Well then don't? We only did because there were four of us sitting here.

And we had loads of fun, while you didn't. lol.

Kylej mode, no unnecessary geometry.

Wow, that two posts almost killed me.

Woorloog

Banned
You speak art, I am drunk.

Okay, this is confusing. What i wrote looks like art because you're drunk? Or you're drunk because i wrote something looks like art?

Gotta admit when i reread what i wrote, it had kinda flowing quality. But that was completly accidental. Poetry is a form of "art" i don't like nor understand, nor i can write poetry. IMO.

Tawpgun

I want a destiny shirt as well... But if speculation is correct, and those are factions, im gonna want to get the shirt of my fav faction.

TheOddOne

Okay, this is confusing. What i wrote looks like art because you're drunk? Or you're drunk because i wrote something looks like art?

Gotta admit when i reread what i wrote, it had kinda flowing quality. But that was completly accidental. Poetry is a form of "art" i don't like nor understand, nor i can write poetry. IMO.
I was mildly drunk when posting then.

Like you said, that post flowed so well.

Fracas

#fuckonami
OddballGaf is in full force tonight. Bitches ain't got nothing on us...
BeAdvisedOver's service tag is "BIGY". Does biggy have an alt or something? :lol

Trying to play this game without a full party is simply infuriating...
I've stopped playing Reach, except for the occasional matches with gaffers. It's just too horrible by myself.
Reach's matchmaking and networking has just been awful the last month or two.
Xbox Live in general's been pretty rough. I get random disconnects often, matchmaking issues as well.
God dammit Kittens/Popular revolt/Shanti!

Why? Just why?

At least you have Kittens in the GT this time. :p
He changed it again? Damn, son!

Woorloog

Banned
I was mildly drunk when posting then.

Like you said, that post flowed so well.

Ah, too bad, i was hoping you'd be drunk because of that post. Would have been way more odd and funny that way.
I've never heard of anyone getting drunk because of poetry or something like that.

Still disturbing me i accidentally managed to write something flowing...

This page got stalky.

And without me :(

I like sluts...

FML i missed slut talk aswell.

Pumpkin Sluts all up in this place

Stalker central...

This is what i call my Batcave.

Thanks

Also version of the wallpaper with the UNSC logo, Not sure if like.
(as always click to make bigger)

zap

HaloGAF has become an even darker and weirder place with these new juniors. Creepy.

I feel that anyone comparing TDKR to TDK is jumping the gun. Dat honeymoon phase.

But seriously, amazing.

Couple of things from r/Halo

Master Chief Vs DoomGUy

Plasma Weapon bolt in FUD trailer.
Clp7n.png
Naked Eli commentating great quality Spartan Ops footage (might be old i dont know)

Storm Rifle Gameplay
Blue Grunt armor
Jetpacking Elite
Good look at the jackal armor
Fuel Rod Confirmed
Plasma Pistol Reticle expands as you charge it
Press X to pick up armor ability similar to reach
Light Rifle one hit kill on legendary
Pack Mentality of the Crawlers looks great
Yo Dawg, Crawlers can leap far

I wonder if you can turn on scoring for SpOps

Louis Wu

Sizing is going to be the most difficult part aspec of the Brute hhead piece. Wu, I need a rough height estimate...
Holy crap - you serious about this? Wow. Not sure what you're asking for... MY height? How much room there is in my house over my head? Help. :(

Couple of things from r/Halo

Master Chief Vs DoomGUy
This is, surprisingly, almost a year old. (For some reason, the link to that video doesn't actually work - but if you search for it on Revision3's site, it's still there. Weird.)

Regarding the Bungie day stuff did anyone order the Bungie Scout Book? What is it? Just a swanky notepad?
Pretty much. Cover is cardboard (mine got bent pretty badly in shipping).

Regarding the Bungie day stuff did anyone order the Bungie Scout Book? What is it? Just a swanky notepad?
Swanky? No. It's a very small notebook (I'd estimate 4"x6" with around 20 blank pages) that is staple-bound with a cardboard cover.

I was wondering in the back of my head why Gnop! wasn't listed on the timeline, only to find out that it actually IS while examining my scout book cover yesterday. Cool shit.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
HaloGAF has become an even darker and weirder place with these new juniors. Creepy.

As a non creepy junior... I am ashamed :(

And I should not have gone back to read the past few pages *shivers*

As said previously hope all the GAFers made it home safe from TDKR last night... terrible terrible things from a very sick person :(

L1NETT

Jeez just woke up and heard the news about the Denver Cinema.

Is anyone from Halogaf around there? Hope you all made it home safe guys.

EDIT: Just seen a article from the Telegraph (Brit paper) which says the violence is linked to the film. Absolute rubbish. It will be like the Norway shootings when COD was blamed.

I've noticed that not all the Destiny shirts are available. There are some the Bungie dudes sport, but aren't available.

Correct. Shirts for Osiris and Seven Seraphs are not in the store yet.

No idea if there's a reason for that beyond calling the three available "Red, White, and Blue" right after July 4th.

I need to post a writeup of all the Bungie Day tidbits, but I've been busy updating the format/organization of my existing stuff. Should be out soon though.

Louis Wu

Correct. Shirts for Osiris and Seven Seraphs are not in the store yet.

No idea if there's a reason for that beyond calling the three available "Red, White, and Blue" right after July 4th.
Whoa - didn't even notice that. (Well, it's Red, Grey and Blue, but still.)

I'm actually sporting my new Lab Rat shirt today - I don't use this word, but it's hella comfortable.

This has been a completely fucked up week. Everyone, find someone you love and tell them so immediately.

I love you all.

(except for that creepy stalker shithead from a few pages back)

Yeah, I had a great time at the midnight showing last night, woke up to crazy people and 14 people killed. And these are my people, ya know? People who were like me, so excited about seeing the new Batman film that they went at midnight and wanted to have a good time.

And now they're gone.

heckfu

Banned
Yeah, I had a great time at the midnight showing last night, woke up to crazy people and 14 people killed. And these are my people, ya know? People who were like me, so excited about seeing the new Batman film that they went at midnight and wanted to have a good time.

And now they're gone.

Whoa, you got an avatar tag! Nice.

The point of your post wasn't lost on me...just trying to not think about it.

Beckx

EDIT: Just seen a article from the Telegraph (Brit paper) which says the violence is linked to the film. Absolute rubbish. It will be like the Norway shootings when COD was blamed.

Yeah. It didn't take long for the media & others to start their search for the angle.

Trying to talk with a friend in Denver on twitter and political BS is already in my feed.

The night is darkest just before the dawn.

Which is when the Greeks all pile out of that big horse they gave you.

Got back on Reach this morning. Felt good, really starting to get pumped for H4.

Gazzawa

Its too soon for me to say this properly.
But theatre.
Parents with kids.
Parents killed.
The movie was Batman.
Halo Reach sucks.
G's up.

ElRenoRaven

Wait what, explain?

May be talking about the Colorado shooting that happened overnight at the midnight Batman showing. 12 dead and tons injured. Guy threw either smoke bombs or gas grenades to stun people and just started shooting. At least one kid was shot point blank range. Last I heard as many as 50 injured.

Fuchsdh

Why was a six year old watching Batman? :(

Then again I wouldn't let my kid play Halo until he was hitting double digits do I guess I'm an outlier.

ElRenoRaven

Why was a six year old watching Batman? :(

Then again I wouldn't let my kid play Halo until he was hitting double digits do I guess I'm an outlier.

When I was a kid I grew up on movies like Batman. Hell I have fond memories when I was about 10 going to see Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy's Dead in 3D at the movie theater.

CyReN

When I went last night I saw 2 different women bring infants into watch the movie. Still nothing tops when I saw The Hangover and saw someone bring a stroller in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom