• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

When I went last night I saw 2 different women bring infants into watch the movie. Still nothing tops when I saw The Hangover and saw someone bring a stroller in.

I went to see a Mexican Institute of Sound concert for St. Patricks
Day (I know I'm a rebel) and there were at least three sets of moms letting their kids dance of the stage... Right next to the speakers. Let your kids go deaf from loud music on their own, they don't need your help at going deaf by 25.

Falagard

When I went last night I saw 2 different women bring infants into watch the movie. Still nothing tops when I saw The Hangover and saw someone bring a stroller in.

One of my former co-workers lets her 6 year old watch Game of Thrones because "he likes the midget". WTF, there's tits and ass every 15 minutes on that show, not to mention gore and swearing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really get the Light Rifle's role in the H4 sandbox. It looks like a power weapon mixed with a precision rifle, which seems crazily over powered.

Thats insane, Age ratings on films in the UK are much more strict, or maybe its just our culture but Movie theatres are silent apart from comedies and if you have teenagers talking its pretty much 1 single complaint and they shut up or you get them thrown out.

Iv never seen a infant or stroller in any adult or even teen movie.

I see so many people complaining about loudness or annoyances at the cinema and its so foreign to me. Must suck.

I typically prefer to watch a movie at home as i enjoy the setup i have and the freedom but i still enjoy all the times im at the cinema.

I don't really get the Light Rifle's role in the H4 sandbox. It looks like a power weapon mixed with a precision rifle, which seems crazily over powered.

It appears as if its less sandbox orientated and more about giving players the choice and freedom to shoot what they want, like having the DMR and BR or 2 Shotguns. I like it.
It also servers as a primary rifle for the new class. Its the Brute Spiker or Mauler, neither were needed but they filled a canonistic (is that a real word?) role.

Iv always wanted a halo game with a larger sandbox. Just add everything.

ODST SMG
ODST Magnum
Halo 2 Style Magnum
Halo CE Magnum
SMG
MA5C
BR
DMR
ect

Just expand the sandbox and gameplay is expanded because of it. Covenant can now carry 1 of 20 guns instead of 1 of 7, Campaign/Firefight/Spartan Ops/Custom Games now become a much more diverse affair.

Matchmaking can still have a limited sandbox, that can easily be done via custom options and forge but give me the freedom to do what i want.

daedalius

For those of you talking about kids age's seeing the movie, remember, its Batman. Of course they want to see it, I'd personally take my child to see it, although maybe not at midnight when I have to work the next day!

But yea, following the thread... this guy is fucking crazy. Booby trapped his apartment with explosives, etc. Looks like he propped open the door, went out to his car, suited up, then came back in :(

Fucking terrible, awful tragedy.

Fuchsdh

For those of you talking about kids age's seeing the movie, remember, its Batman. Of course they want to see it, I'd personally take my child to see it, although maybe not at midnight when I have to work the next day!.

Yeah, but there's a difference from the old Batman movies and the cartoons and the trend towards more adult adaptations. I'm not a major "think of the children" guy, I'm not one for coddling a kid to the horrors of the world but I also want them to be old enough to think critically about what they're watching if it's violent or filled with gore or language.

Yeah, but there's a difference from the old Batman movies and the cartoons and the trend towards more adult adaptations. I'm not a major "think of the children" guy, I'm not one for coddling a kid to the horrors of the world but I also want them to be old enough to think critically about what they're watching if it's violent or filled with gore or language.
Have you seen the Batman cartoon movies? Some crazy shit happens there.

Beckx

Movie theatres are silent apart from comedies and if you have teenagers talking its pretty much 1 single complaint and they shut up or you get them thrown out.

Wow. That is the polar opposite of most big theaters in the US, at least the ones that I've been to. I stopped going to horror movies in the theater years ago b/c of the swarms of idiots that ruin the experience.

I'm going to start seeing more movies on trips to the UK now.

daedalius

Well, it is admittedly PG-13; shouldn't be too bad to take kids to. Although PG-13 these days is what R would have been when I was a kid.

Woorloog

Banned
It appears as if its less sandbox orientated and more about giving players the choice and freedom to shoot what they want, like having the DMR and BR or 2 Shotguns. I like it.
It also servers as a primary rifle for the new class. Its the Brute Spiker or Mauler, neither were needed but they filled a canonistic (is that a real word?) role.

ODST SMG
ODST Magnum
Halo 2 Style Magnum
Halo CE Magnum
SMG
MA5C
BR
DMR
ect

Just expand the sandbox and gameplay is expanded because of it. Covenant can now carry 1 of 20 guns instead of 1 of 7, Campaign/Firefight/Spartan Ops/Custom Games now become a much more diverse affair.

Matchmaking can still have a limited sandbox, that can easily be done via custom options and forge but give me the freedom to do what i want.

This. Want more stuff to play with.

Also the word you're looking for is canonical. I think. Though "more suitable weapon for Brutes" might be more apt.

Wow. That is the polar opposite of most big theaters in the US, at least the ones that I've been to. I stopped going to horror movies in the theater years ago b/c of the swarms of idiots that ruin the experience.

Depends where you go.

Never go to a cinema in a chav-tastic city.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that makes sense. But it's such an awesome looking weapon... I want it to be in multiplayer, haha. But if it is included in multiplayer at all, it seems like it has to treated as a power weapon.

And I totally agree about having a huge sandbox, especially in campaign and spartan ops.

Yeah, that makes sense. But it's such an awesome looking weapon... I want it to be in multiplayer, haha. But if it is included in multiplayer at all, it seems like it has to treated as a power weapon.

My guess is its going to be a ordnance weapon like an upgraded DMR/BR

Alamo Theater in Austin has an absolute "no talking/texting" rule, and they make a big deal about it before the movie starts. If you get more than one complaint from the waitstaff (Alamo has a full on restaurant menu), you're out on your ass with no refund. Pretty awesome policy, and I haven't been to a screening where it's been an issue. They're starting to build more outside of Texas, so be on the lookout for them. You'll never want to see a film anywhere else.

Whoa - didn't even notice that. (Well, it's Red, Grey and Blue, but still.)

I'm actually sporting my new Lab Rat shirt today - I don't use this word, but it's hella comfortable.

The shirt itself is grey but it's listed in the store as "Bungie Day White". I'm definitely going to buy the "On Tour" Baseball tee, I love my Bungie Aerospace one.

The really interesting bit is how the description for each shirt somewhat confirms the speculated name for each symbol.

Bungie Day Red - (New Monarchy) "For Bungie Day, we are giving you the shirts off our backs. Adorn yourself with a mysterious icon fit for a king."

Bungie Day White - (Dead Orbit) "You can be a dead ringer for a Bungie employee. Decorate your chest with this mysterious crest and watch the questions fly."

Bungie Day Blue - (Future War Cult) "Have you seen us wearing shirts like these? Drape yourself in an enigma from our future release."

Blarg, I really need to finish this news roundup.

That's what I said when you guys corrected me that Light Rifle fires a 3 burst instead of just 1.

I'd like to see how well the other Pro. weapons play out in a match seeing there's more that has yet to be added into MP.
(Promethean: Sniper, SMG, Concussion, AR/PR.)

Also I was comparing the Two knights from the E3 trailer. The red/orange looks menacing with its eyes, mouth, Illuminated Skull and the blue doesn't have those similar facial features but it's quite different.

Apparently his apartment was loaded with explosives aswell. Makes you wonder if it was all batman related and he was trying to do a TDK joker and lure the police to the apartment and blow it up.

I'd like to see how well the other Pro. weapons play out in a match seeing there's more that has yet to be added into MP.
(Promethean: Sniper, SMG, Concussion, AR/PR.)

My guess is they server as a middle tier.

Currently halo is split between Spawn Weapons/Map Weapons and Power Weapons.

Since we have a Promethean equivalent of essentially all the weapon roles i can imagine that they fit snugly in between the spawn and power powers. Being more powerful than the former and less powerful than the latter.

Its interesting not sure how it will work.

Hey Duncan, did you order the Bungie Scout Book? There looks like more of a map on the inside of the covers.

Not yet, but I was going to buy one and scan that. I've held off on placing a Bungie Store order so far because I think DeeJ is mailing me something (a shirt, I think) for being one of the runners-up in that Mail Sack photo contest. Just want to make sure I don't accidentally order a duplicate when I could diversify.

My guess is they server as a middle tier.

Currently halo is split between Spawn Weapons/Map Weapons and Power Weapons.

Since we have a Promethean equivalent of essentially all the weapon roles i can imagine that they fit snugly in between the spawn and power powers. Being more powerful than the former and less powerful than the latter.

Its interesting not sure how it will work.

Yep, Tier 3, Tier 2 and Tier 1 weapons.

The great thing is that the ammo in the gun can determine its tier as well. So a standard Rocket Launcher with a spare clip on 3 minutes is a Tier 1 weapon but one with no spare clips on 2 minutes is a Tier 2.

I really like this balance that you can strike when it comes to what you can do in forge on custom maps but alas matchmaking will always be unbalanced. 2 spare clips in the sniper is so overpowered its not even funny. By the time you use all the ammo the new one will already spawn.

So bad...

So remember the invite that people got from the random Swag Bags a year+ ago... What was that invite for? has it happened yet?

They entered the code on the bungie site on bungie day i dont know what they got.

My Swag Bag was a Sad Bag. I got a SDCC 2010 poster a towel and a huge brute figure from the range of halo toys that sucked.

My friend have me his H3 hoody aswell.

I'd also like to point out that I know this man (I met him on Waypoint), and he's actually using an old picture of myself as an avatar right now, of which he got off my Facebook apparently (guess I'mma lock that up tighter).

He's been attempting to get into my Facebook, stalking my Twitter, get my home phone number and address, as well as gain other personal information like who I'm dating, my full name, etc.

We've ran across each other on other message boards, and I've steered clear from him for the most part for a few months. Now he's poked his head back up on GAF, of which I noticed him here yesterday. I haven't spoken to or replied to him, however I discovered this message in my inbox earlier today:

K29Y

Seriously man. Just leave me the fuck alone.

Dude. :lol

But it isn't even funny, contact a mod.

The hell, I swear they are using the same pics I took and used when I posted something similar during e3. :lol

Glad you guys who saw TDKR made it home safe...

: /

Thats awful.. =(

Beckx

So remember the invite that people got from the random Swag Bags a year+ ago... What was that invite for? has it happened yet?

Wasn't it supposed to trigger on Bungie Day? Site is still there, unchanged.

Edit: assume all the winners had to immediately sign an NDA.

Edit edit:

Bungie Studios tour. There's a video of Marty climbing a rock wall inviting them.

Oh. Hah. Did he wear a Wonka outfit like Steve Jobs wanted to do?

I guess today is a good day to play through Halo 3.

Not yet, but I was going to buy one and scan that. I've held off on placing a Bungie Store order so far because I think DeeJ is mailing me something (a shirt, I think) for being one of the runners-up in that Mail Sack photo contest. Just want to make sure I don't accidentally order a duplicate when I could diversify.
Btw. check facebook.

I always care about winning though, that's the problem...

I have that problem sometimes and my stats suffer for it because of the things you need to do to win (like playing roles too). Either way, once you can play games and get past that mentality, some TRUE FUN can begin! Gotta say nothing beats driving around a competent gunner in a Gauss Hog on Headlong :D

Bans should be happening.

Lil Wayne.

AdyG5.jpg

Thats insane, Age ratings on films in the UK are much more strict, or maybe its just our culture but Movie theatres are silent apart from comedies and if you have teenagers talking its pretty much 1 single complaint and they shut up or you get them thrown out.

Iv never seen a infant or stroller in any adult or even teen movie.

I see so many people complaining about loudness or annoyances at the cinema and its so foreign to me. Must suck.

I typically prefer to watch a movie at home as i enjoy the setup i have and the freedom but i still enjoy all the times im at the cinema.

ODST SMG
ODST Magnum
Halo 2 Style Magnum
Halo CE Magnum
SMG
MA5C
BR
DMR
ect

Have they talked about any of the brute weapons? I hope they don't get rid of them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes intelligence is a curse. Ignorance quite seriously can be bliss. My favorite example is Philip Gale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Philip_Gale

A prodigy of the highest order who was so bored by the world that he decided to kill himself.

The mind works in mysterious ways.
Well put. I was going to respond with something similar, but you already nailed it.

Have they talked about any of the brute weapons? I hope they don't get rid of them.
No, no Brute weapons have been revealed. And yeah, I want them to come back, too. I actually have fun using the Reach Spiker, hah. And I'd love to see the Mauler return. The Brute Shot would be cool, though I'd slightly prefer the Concussion Rifle over it, just cause pretty colors.

daedalius

What the hell is wrong with you guys?? I'm AGREEING with what you're saying............................

Jesus fucking Christ..

Well you're doing it wrong. I can't tell what the fuck you're trying to say.

You probably shouldn't post pictures of young wayne after his parents were shot and killed to begin with.

God this is awful... I know it sometimes hard to sympathize deeply with people you don't know, but then you look at your own life, and think "what if it was me." Go to see a movie and like that its over. I can't even imagine... We're so young with so much left to experience. Ugh...

What the hell is wrong with you guys?? I'm AGREEING with what you're saying............................

Jesus fucking Christ..

Your post is incredibly inconsiderate. If this was a member he would get shit for it.

Batman Premier tragedy with parents dying as they take kids to the cinema. Post a picture of batman looks sad in the same circumstance.

Think before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom