• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got bored, made this. Feel free to use it for whatever.
All I see is the silhouette of a squid t-bagging an eagle.
best new junior

sorry OddOne
since then, it's just become this running inside joke for the most random-ass 1v1 situations.
"Fuck you man, laggy piece of shit, 1v1 Streets of Rage 3 versus mode, no items"
You just changed all of my future online interactions with raging strangers.

The GIF format is terrible, that's why.
How did you get away with this without incurring the wrath.gif of based Plywood?

Halo Reach Bloom > Go Daddy
Shots fired!
All over the place...some of them randomly hit where intended.

I think I may be the only one who doesn't really care about Nolan's Batman films.
eBay bid cancelled.

You 343 kids are on fire with the come backs today.
The resources spent on these witty comebacks better not have been siphoned away from the framerate and playlist management departments!

Ramirez

7wor9.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Worst thing ever introduced to halo: veto and voting

Now all I play is the same fucking maps and game types over and over and over again

heckfu

Banned
At the theatre for TDKR and gotten about 3 comments on my Destiny shirt. For a town of about 40,000 in Alabama, 3 comments is about 3 more than I ever expected.

Krow and I watched Batman Begins tonight. GoT blew our minds!
Jack Gleeson as the little kid?
Red Dead Redemption makes amazing use of dynamic music. Just sayin.
Seriously incredible stuff.
Worst thing ever introduced to halo: veto and voting

Now all I play is the same fucking maps and game types over and over and over again
I think that the voting system as is in Reach makes for less variety.

DopeyFish

What avatar did I miss?

Reach's MLG playlist does it right.

It's still voting man

I don't want to vote, I want to play maps and game modes of all varieties!

Back in my day, we played 1 flag CTF on waterworks because we HAD to! Life was good.

Now I'm stuck playing (whatever game type is for simple minded folk) on (whatever map simple minded folk perform on)

Screw that. I want to play on every map

And make your map packs free and required after a year,343. I want to play shit on other maps too kthx since halo 4 mp basically requires a hard drive... Make it happen.

I think that the voting system as is in Reach makes for less variety.

Not just less. Waaayyyy less variety.

Fun fact: I still haven't played on all the halo reach maps, and I've bought them all. Wtfisupwiththat

Havok

It's still voting man

I don't want to vote, I want to play maps and game modes of all varieties!

Back in my day, we played 1 flag CTF on waterworks because we HAD to! Life was good.

Now I'm stuck playing (whatever game type is for simple minded folk) on (whatever map simple minded folk perform on)

Screw that. I want to play on every map
<snip>
Not just less. Waaayyyy less variety.

Fun fact: I still haven't played on all the halo reach maps, and I've bought them all. Wtfisupwiththat
I wrote a post on this a while back, and I think I agree to a point, but I don't think that Reach would have been the right place to make that change. It requires much more careful curation of playlists and a dramatic culling of fringe gametypes per playlist than we've seen in a very long time to keep the average quality of game up to an acceptable level. With the caliber of maps that Reach had, and that a lot of Halo 3's launch maps were, it may very well have ended up being completely annoying in both the short and long term. I'm not saying that the way Halo 2 started up was great--but I'm kind of in the camp that thinks that map quality is king in shooters over all else, so even with the crappy starting weapon for that portion of the game's life, it was the right system for the right time, at least for me. I don't think I'd mind a system that presents me with a choice of a few gametypes (ex: Multi Flag, Neutral Bomb, One Flag Fast), and then when the gametype is selected, picks an appropriate map and just goes from there. But, as with the zero choice solution, it requires maps to be properly tied and tagged for their best gametypes. I don't ever want to play 1 Flag on a symmetric map, but it shows up on junk like Tempest even still.

GhaleonEB

So, uh, when do we get our PAX badges in the mail?

My understanding is, they're trying to make the window as narrow as possible while still getting them to people in a reasonable amount of time. Each year they add or update the security features on the badge, and they don't want to get those out to counterfeiters any earlier than necessary. So probably not more than 2 weeks before the show, as Deadly Cyclone said.

DopeyFish

I wrote a post on this a while back, and I think I agree to a point, but I don't think that Reach would have been the right place to make that change. It requires much more careful curation of playlists and a dramatic culling of fringe gametypes per playlist than we've seen in a very long time. With the caliber of maps that Reach had, and that a lot of Halo 3's launch maps were, it may very well have ended up being completely annoying in both the short and long term.

Perhaps... But you can't exactly judge a map until you've played it like 50-100 times... Until you dissect every place in the map.. At first you may not like the map or even after 10 play throughs you don't get it. You need to be forced to play it. Not once but often.

I find it criminal that I've memorized every patch of countdown yet there's maps that I haven't even touched yet

And to your added stuff: they should do halo 2 style and listen to feedback... Keep playlist count low, remove voting (because the general populace wouldn't want to play assault or territories or king over flag, still presents same problems) and just fine tune so we don't have silly things

Havok

Perhaps... But you can't exactly judge a map until you've played it like 50-100 times... Until you dissect every place in the map.. At first you may not like the map or even after 10 play throughs you don't get it. You need to be forced to play it. Not once but often.

I find it criminal that I've memorized every patch of countdown yet there's maps that I haven't even touched yet
I definitely think there's a place for that argument, and that's what I was trying to get across in the post that I linked. But the thing is, I think that system works best when you're using it to promote B-tier maps, not C- and D-tier maps. There isn't any amount of play that will get me to appreciate Isolation or Gemini or non-Invasion Boneyard. I'd maintain that in order for frustration not to set in, you have to have a minimum quality bar that bottoms out at maps that are "pretty good." That's where I'd set stuff like Colossus, which in a voting system, I'd never take over something like Midship. At the same time, having a million gametypes in a playlist, like what Objective currently is with its Stockpile/Headhunter/Flag Slayer high-weighted variant grab bag, would mean that you could see a situation where you're not getting to play any of the 'core' gametypes for several matches if you're unlucky. It seems like it just requires a better handle on what is important to playlists than we've seen in recent games in the series. If at Halo 3 launch, I hadn't been able to vote away from One Sided VIP which showed up every other game, it might have turned me off from trying that playlist ever again.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I've noticed that not all the Destiny shirts are available. There are some the Bungie dudes sport, but aren't available.
I just want one of those damn basic black 343 tees. Let me buy it already, shit. It's not fair my XBL avatar has one and I'm not allowed to look like my avatar tbqh.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just want one of those damn basic black 343 tees. Let me buy it already, shit. It's not fair my XBL avatar has one and I'm not allowed to look like my avatar tbqh.

:lol

And yes, give me 343 gear. Is there even a store?

I got lucky in getting my Bungie Destiny shirts. <3

Slaker117

I kind of want to get a Bungie Destiny shirt out of some sense of loyalty, but I'm not sure how I feel about spending $25 on a simple tee for a game I know nothing about and might not enjoy.

Goddammit. At least I got all the letters right. Stupid anagrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom