• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is wrong with you guys?? I'm AGREEING with what you're saying............................

Jesus fucking Christ..
You need to work on your communication skills. You in no way communicated agreement, and instead came off as flagrantly offensive. Now you're acting defensive, saying others are wrong for not understanding your intent. A better approach would be to apologize and clarify.

God this is awful... I know it sometimes hard to sympathize deeply with people you don't know, but then you look at your own life, and think "what if it was me." Go to see a movie and like that its over. I can't even imagine... We're so young with so much left to experience. Ugh...
Yup. :-(

God this is awful... I know it sometimes hard to sympathize deeply with people you don't know, but then you look at your own life, and think "what if it was me." Go to see a movie and like that its over. I can't even imagine... We're so young with so much left to experience. Ugh...
Anything can happen at anytime. It doesn't even have to be some psycho, nature can just up and fuck you whenever it feels like. It's best not to let it paralyze you, but it can be eye opening to not and try wasting the precious time you have.

I'd have less sympathy for Gazzawa had I not seen his genuinely saddened post in the relevant thread. Dude could probably throw down an edit in this thread just for clarity's sake.

Ramirez

I am SO confused by what everyone is talking about because I've never seen a batman movie...

Batman's parents were gunned down right in front of him, someone made a terrible comparison of kids parents being gunned down in front of them while watching Batman.

I don't get offended easily, but that is really disgusting.

heckfu

Banned
This place blows.

Let me know when we're back to talking about regular shit and not having lame posts mocking people dying. I can put up with a lot of jokes, but shit guys.

So then I have no idea what the hell was going on because all I thought was someone posted some links about kids' parents dying?

^Which is fucked up.

^^Which is why I posted Bruce as a kid crying cuz this is Batman related.

-goes back to read EVERYTHING-

EDIT -- I still don't understand wtf was going on.. There goes my high.. -1 my bad if anyone was offended at least

Talents

Banned
Before anyone reads what I'm about to write I just want to say I'm not trying to offend anyone:

You guys really need to stop talking about depressing stuff like this, I mean yes it is sad, but this isn't really the place to be grieving for them. I know I'm gonna recieve alot of crap for what I just wrote but I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Aggrotek

Lil Wayne.

GbKuN.gif

Before anyone reads what I'm about to write I just want to say I'm not trying to offend anyone:

You guys really need to stop talking about depressing stuff like this, I mean yes it is sad, but this isn't really the place to be grieving for them. I know I'm gonna recieve alot of crap for what I just wrote but I didn't mean to offend anyone.

No it's definitely true. This isn't the thread for it really but I can imagine many, many community threads expressing their feelings on such issues too. Things happen outside of Halo (or whatever thread) and people discuss it with people. It just happens.

Why is this not the place?

This is a community thread, not a halo thread. Yes the community is involved deeply with halo but we still discuss alot of things that are not halo related.

Wait till Game of Thrones season 3 starts up if you have an issue with this little offtopic discussion GoT-HaloGAF will make you cry.

I never get upset with people on here, even if I do not agree with them. That said...
Its too soon for me to say this properly.
But theatre.
Parents with kids.
Parents killed.
The movie was Batman.
Halo Reach sucks.
G's up.
Really? Its not "too soon", it's just tasteless. Nobody should ever say that. Parents and children were shot when they went to see a move. That is horrible. I know that you are saying it is just like Batman, but it isn't; it is tragic. I loved Batman when I was six years old. I cannot even imagine the horror is any of my family had been shot taking me to see a movie about a hero that I idolize. Even further, I cannot imagine how my family members would react if I were shot when seeing that movie. People died and you are trying to draw parallels between a real tragedy and a fictional story. What is wrong with you? People died. Lives were ruined. You should be upset. I would tell you take your thoughts elsewhere but nobody else needs to hear that.

Omni

Sooo... *thinks of something trivial*... are armour effects in Halo 4? I haven't read anything about them yet. I liked the legendary flames in Reach.

Talents

Banned
Why is this not the place?

This is a community thread, not a halo thread. Yes the community is involved deeply with halo but we still discuss alot of things that are not halo related.

Wait till Game of Thrones season 3 starts up if you have an issue with this little offtopic discussion GoT-HaloGAF will make you cry.

I don't think you understand what I meant by my post. I enjoy people talking about off-topic stuff, it's a welcome change, but stuff that is depressing is just going to make people sad, and upset.

Overdoziz

Banned
So then I have no idea what the hell was going on because all I thought was someone posted some links about kids' parents dying?

^Which is fucked up.

^^Which is why I posted Bruce as a kid crying cuz this is Batman related.

-goes back to read EVERYTHING-
Yeah, that probably wasn't a great idea.

I never get upset with people on here, even if I do not agree with them. That said...

Really? Its not "too soon", it's just tasteless. Nobody should ever say that. Parents and children were shot when they went to see a move. That is horrible. I know that you are saying it is just like Batman, but it isn't; it is tragic. I loved Batman when I was six years old. I cannot even imagine the horror is any of my family had been shot taking me to see a movie about a hero that I idolize. Even further, I cannot imagine how my family members would react if I were shot when seeing that movie. People died and you are trying to draw parallels between a real tragedy and a fictional story. What is wrong with you? People died. Lives were ruined. You should be upset. I would tell you take your thoughts elsewhere but nobody else needs to here that.

Just for some context, this was his post in that thread. I think his post here was far from this sentiment. I think he just made a bad joke but the dude is a good person.

I don't think you understand what I meant by my post. I enjoy people talking about off-topic stuff, it's a welcome change, but stuff that is depressing is just going to make people sad, and upset.

Its a hot issue a large portion of people are talking about, i dont think we should ignore it just be respectful of the dead and injured when you post.

Sad shit happens EVERY FUCKING DAY its largely unreported but you cannot let its depress or sadden you to a sever point. Sure feel empathy but to ignore something will not change the nature of it. Its still a sad situation and we all still know it happened and the people who its going to really effect have already been hit by it.

Vire, yesterday – if I'm not mistaken – asked what Frankie's favorite multiplayer maps are. Frankie has made a post about his favorite maps, but I can't find it. Can anybody help me out?

Edit! Nevermind. Found it.

7 Best Halo maps according to me, but not in order because I can't really figure that out:

The Pit
Blood Gulch (CE)
Valhalla
Lockout
Guardian (shut up, don't care)
Turf (some modes)
Zanzibar

Also, I would like to hear whether everyone here likes BB or TDK more before they go see TDKR. Afterwards, I would like to hear your impressions of TDKR.

I am sensing a bit of a correlation here based off other people's impressions.

Also, I would like to hear whether everyone here likes BB or TDK more before they go see TDKR. Afterwards, I would like to hear your impressions of TDKR.

I am sensing a bit of a correlation here based off other people's impressions.

Id rather watch BB over TDK and have no plans to watch TDKR until its hits bluray.

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow I really was disgusted by these posts.... I agree that this is something I don't like to hear jokes about.

so different questions is slut's shirt in the shop? I NEED TO ORDER IT.
And someboy up for some Halo in an hour ? GT is Dedoubleyou
Go Stalker post it !

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Vire, yesterday – if I'm not mistaken – asked what Frankie's favorite multiplayer maps are. Frankie has made a post about his favorite maps, but I can't find it. Can anybody help me out?

Edit! Nevermind. Found it.
Huh, that's cool to know. Most of those are great maps, or decent at worst. Blood Gulch is the only kinda iffy one to me.

Talents

Banned
Wow I really was disgusted by these posts.... I agree that this is something I don't like to hear jokes about.

Go Stalker post it !
What shirts are we talking about...

Go Stalker post it !

0XQDl.png

Take off the AE then?

Sorry what i meant to say was ANY spartan. Its ugly as hell and looks stupid. if i could turn the effects on my end so id never see them that would be great.

SensitiveGAF.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I didn't realize until now but I have some pretty cool gaming shirts now. The Aerospace one, the Destiny shirts, the Halo Council one and the E3 Halo 4 one. It's kinda shocking. Oh and the MLG hoodie is so comfy

GhaleonEB

You need to work on your communication skills. You in no way communicated agreement, and instead came off as flagrantly offensive. Now you're acting defensive, saying others are wrong for not understanding your intent. A better approach would be to apologize and clarify.

Yup. :-(

Jr. landed on my Ignore list for the pic.

I can't fathom how anyone could ever do something like that, just thinking about it is completely disgusting. That guy was a complete and total sociopath, no question about it. And please, stop trying to post "relevant" pictures; they're not even mildly amusing. This is something that you don't joke about.

Come on guys, be respectful. If you can't, don't post.

On topic,
I've been watching some of those E3 build armor permutation videos, and I noticed (again) that a lot of the helmets are very angular, as if they've almost been stretched away from the face. Sure is interesting, but I'm not sure I like the change...

KccR
Kcdv
etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom