• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggrotek

Sensitivity is a weakness.

Just b/c others don't share your views doesn't make them wrong.

Either way the discussion is way off topic.

Sensitivity is a facet that makes us human. Strip it away and you are just like every other mammal. The fact that someone can be sensitive to another person's strife is an admiral strength not a weakness.

You just proved your worth to me.

Seems like a good time for a culling of the juniors.
The time is certainly ripe, and the crops are starting to go rotten.

I don't undertsand what this thread is about. I was looking for news about Halo releases, but I am new. I am still navigating the website.
News is constantly updated in the first post; everything else is community conversation that orbits around the world of Halo.

You know what's weak? Stupid fucking comments like this, regardless of whether you're 'joking'. Go pretend to be a man somewhere else.

Brute weapons were pretty... useless... in the overall scheme of things. I would like to see Brute vehicles return though. They were unique... (dat chopper)
The hammer isn't useless. :0
And yeah, Reach got rid of some stuff. Having those back for at least forge or customs would be nice. 4 classes of weapons ha

You're a complete fucking idiot.

Couldn't agree more.

Keep up the good work speanding 12 hours a day reading gaf Overkill. You wanna work for 343 and make cool maps with an ethos like that? More power to you dude. Just don't expect others to share the same ethos.

a zoojoo

Banned

Just b/c others don't share your views doesn't make them wrong.

Either way the discussion is way off topic.

How the fuck is it a weakness? Your right about sharing other peoples views, but how is joking about such a horrible thing a view? It's something that you just don't do.

Id rather watch BB over TDK and have no plans to watch TDKR until its hits bluray.
My theory is that people who like
BB more than TDK
will like TDKR more than people who like
TDK more than BB
. Personally, I fall into the first group of people. That said, go see it because
my theory says you will enjoy it
and you will not be able to avoid spoilers that long.

^those are not plot spoilers at all, I am just saying that people who like one of the films more than the other are more likely to enjoy this new one.

I can't believe that some of them could do something like this. Are they human?
Yeah I cannot believe these people. Can we get some mods in here?

It's always been a point of pride for me that I don't use the ignore feature on messageboards, but I'm sorely tempted to ensure at least some of these awful posts never reach my screen.

Come on guys, be respectful. If you can't, don't post.

On topic,
I've been watching some of those E3 build armor permutation videos, and I noticed (again) that a lot of the helmets are very angular, as if they've almost been stretched away from the face. Sure is interesting, but I'm not sure I like the change...

KccR
Kcdv
etc.

helmet #2 looks sad. i dont care about helmets/armor so it doesn't really matter.

Aggrotek

Couldn't agree more.

Keep up the good work speanding 12 hours a day reading gaf Overkill. You wanna work for 343 and make cool maps with an ethos like that? More power to you dude. Just don't expect others to share the same ethos.

Words like ethos will only confuse him.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
lol, now everyone is SensitiveGAF?

Empathy is one of the most crucial skills anyone could hope to cultivate. Good communication skills are high up on the list, too. Both are lacking in the bullshit comments in the past page.

You have to think that people are posting inflammatory things about this mass murder to get attention. So don't give it to them. Just report them, ignore them, and move along. I know it feels good to give them a word-lashing, but it's dragging the thread down at this point.

I remember hearing somewhere that the BR might be buffed to a four shot (from the E3 five shot), was this ever confirmed

trying to change the subject

Aggrotek

I remember hearing somewhere that the BR might be buffed to a four shot (from the E3 five shot), was this ever confirmed

I hope so. But they did nerf my favorite :(

So, let's try to steer this thing back to Halo, bad juniors aside.

What's our next chance for news? PAX I'd assume? Hoping they debut a MP vidoc of sorts there, and have some cool panels for me to go to (and document for HaloGaf).
I would assume so. A MP vidoc would be perfect right now. I could use the hype.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, let's try to steer this thing back to Halo, bad juniors aside.

What's our next chance for news? PAX I'd assume? Hoping they debut a MP vidoc of sorts there, and have some cool panels for me to go to (and document for HaloGaf).

It just occurred to me that when I finally move to America I will have American pings and a timezone more amenable to playing with GAF...

...and a wife and new job and no time to play videogames.

a zoojoo

Banned
Philosophical View

Ya know, glass half full vs half empty.

Being discriminated for my beliefs?

You can disagree if you want but in no way is it "wrong" to express this view nor is it "right" to attack me for it.

That's bullshit and you know it.

My heart goes out the victims and our prayers and thoughts are with them.

And I'm done. Glass this thread!

Buddermilk

Neo Member

On topic,
I've been watching some of those E3 build armor permutation videos, and I noticed (again) that a lot of the helmets are very angular, as if they've almost been stretched away from the face. Sure is interesting, but I'm not sure I like the change...

KccR
Kcdv
etc.
I noticed this as well, it looks like all the spartans in the assassination video are wearing ODST helmets that are less flat than before.

Wow I know this is the wrong thread but that is an absolute tragedy about the shooting, guy sounds like a complete psychopath, what drives someone to want to do something like that?

Fuck anyone making light of it, it's not something to joke about.

Philosophical View

Ya know, glass half full vs half empty.

Being discriminated for my beliefs?

You can disagree if you want but in no way is it "wrong" to express this view nor is it "right" to attack me for it.

Are you really going to try and argue semantics and philosophy? If your know your viewpoint is so unpopular just keep it to yourself.

i hope they at least explain the reasoning of changing it to 5. sure the rof is faster but the kill time is slower than the DMR and carbine...

In some OT-ish news:

Zeouterlimits arrived home safely from the mystical land of Japan tonight.

I'm taking part in my first ever adventure race tomorrow. Wish me luck (to just finish it, podium finishes are a distant dream for me right now :p)

Back to Halo:

Zalinkrow has an absurd fasination for the new Scout helmet. Boy needs to get his head checked
from more angles or something something

Portugeezer

On topic,

KccR
Kcdv
etc.

R0c4O.jpg

Well I am ready for the new Halo. I am tired of Call of Dookie. I hope the BR is back down to 4 shots.
I am SO excited for a whole new campaign, new enemies, new maps, new gametypes, new weapons, new playlists, new achievements, new player investment. So much new and so soon (less than 16 weeks now)!

That's bullshit and you know it.

My heart goes out the victims and our prayers and thoughts are with them.

And I'm done. Glass this thread!

Its not bullshit and you know it. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, disagree, fine but no reason to attack them for it.

Please note that I never said anything about the incident. I posted a pic in response to another guy commentating on his opinion on the matter and then redacted it b/c apparently it was "not in good taste", that's it. What occurred is a tragedy and it sucks that it happened and I never commented on it.

People are getting me confused with the other guys who were joking about the horrible incident.

Are you really going to try and argue semantics and philosophy? If your know your viewpoint is so unpopular just keep it to yourself.

I'm just pointing out that I did nothing wrong here. I have a certain view on life and just b/c it is "unpopular" does not mean that I deserve to be discriminated against.

Now that I know GAF can't handle different opinions I will no longer bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom