• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked Standoff not sure why but its just a good fun map. Raise the centre hill abit more and alter the bases and it would be a fantastic BTB map/Squad Slayer map

LOL can't take Prometheans seriously anymore

an_ancient_evil_awakens____by_grandbigbird-d57tn31.jpg

AceLegacy

Needs full version. Still good.
http://youtu.be/BMG5tVFwJIk

Mmm, that gave me nerd chills!

That ability made the game, if you think it was annoying, then you just needed to get better at using it and fighting against players that used it well.

I can agree with that.

Shadowrun revolves around teleport. I don't see how you love the game while hating that ability.

Hate is a strong word. It was just annoying for the reasons posted above.

You're a horrible person for saying such a thing :p

I really don't see what people see in it. Sure it's one of the better maps in Reach, but Isolation would be a good map by Reach standards. It's horrible. All you do is walk around in a pack of three or four, chuck grenades around curves, and you can win pretty easily. There's no such thing as a long range DMR battle on it because the sightlines are terrible.

It's devoid of complex strategy simply because of how simple its map design is. A majority of the map goes unused, much like many of the other maps in Reach.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'll play alone as Krispy's team.
That's a fair fight.
Don't do it. I finished it with the Extended Cut first and was satisfied. Watched the endings without it, can see why people were bummed.
I need to play some multiplayer to max out my galaxy readiness, but of course, there's like 3 dlc packs i have to download first. Ugh, won't be finishing it until tonight. I may end up getting the extended cut, not sure.
Blockbuster just sent me Crysis 2. Kind of anxious to give it a try. Never played the first though.

Did you guys enjoy it at all?
I liked it for what it was: a mindless, gorgeous shoot em up. It has serious framerate issues, though.

Fuchsdh

110% AGREE.
BROFIST ACHIEVED +100
98b.gif

I must be the only person who thinks that 90% of "Nu-Who" before Moffat took over was dreck. Aside from (mostly Moffat-written) episodes it often veered too often into "I'm a bitchy time lord" and didn't really succeed into breaking free of the 60s-80s camp problem that to a degree was also Star Trek's issue with translating to the modern era.

differences_by_hi3ei-d3c3zzt.png

Moffat is a good writer and a great showrunner, and I think the fifth season was a great intersection of good standalone episodes brought together with an interesting running thread. It's really a fairy tale, not hard sci-fi (as if DW was ever hard)--but it pulls it off perfectly. It's fun, dammit.

I do agree with you guys that the sixth season wasn't that great. I think it had to do with Moffat sort of repeating himself and falling into the same issues as the later-series Tennant episodes--Woe is me, I'm going to complain about my problems. Turning the Silence into an army dedicated to killing the Doctor seemed anticlimactic, and the whole resolution and "Doctor Who?" moment I pretty much think jumped the shark. You can treat time travel flippantly, but if that undermines any logic and suspense you're trying to build you can't use it as your escape hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom