• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i did.
I'm not sure if they are just there as toys or will actually be in the series.
As a collector of that sort of stuff, i'm interested in getting it.

As a collector i am getting them. All the previous stuff has made into the episodes i have no doubt these will its likely going to fit with the Victorian episode which has
Jenny return

Nope. BTB is BR/AR starts.

Ahhhh, that pic reminds me of Halo 1 days of screenshots!

scaled.php

scaled.php

lol too many pics!

Homeboyd

Hey fellers,

In all seriousness... looking to pick up a few nintendo DS's or ipod touches or something for some of our kiddos before surgery (preface: I run an ambulatory surgery center);

a) what are the kids into these days?
b) best place to get good deals on these things?

If I get a few ipod touches, I'd load em up with games/apps and stuff but I'd need some help picking out what to get for them.

Thanks in advance.

Beckx

My first reaction was rage at the return of the Skyrim meme.

My second reaction was rage that this REMINDED me of the Skyrim meme.

Fond memories of the Far Side comic with Einstein blowing out his knee playing basketball saved me from that. Until you came along.

a zoojoo

Banned
As for an addition to a HaloGAF shirt people were designing, i'm proposing this for an addition to the design.
8KYpI.png

That episode also has a Sontaran in it

At least its a Mark Gatiss Episode who is an infinitely better writer than Moffat. (and plays an awesome Mycroft Holmes)

I somewhat disagree, especially because they work extremely better in a pair. i.e. Sherlock
I digress.
Moffat, I like, because he make the show more like Classic Who, and also makes the monster somewhat scary again, or at least jimmy-rustling.

Making profiles with pros names and beating your friends IS fun.

High FIVE.

>>implying anything but the hundreds of pics from 10 years ago being true

Did you just want an excuse to post that? Because unless I'm missing something that made no sense.

Seems like more and more some of the things I post are just becoming a social experiment on my behalf to see how a "collective" society with similar mentalities reacts.. There's just no winning with some of you.

Hey fellers,

In all seriousness... looking to pick up a few nintendo DS's or ipod touches or something for some of our kiddos before surgery (preface: I run an ambulatory surgery center);

If I get a few ipod touches, I'd load em up with games/apps and stuff but I'd need some help picking out what to get for them.

Thanks in advance.

Ipod Touches.

Angry Birds
Cut the Rope
Plants vs. Zombies
Fruit Ninja
Street Fighter
Infinity Blade
Real Racing 2

That should satisfy the majority of niches.

Maybe the LogoGame and Song Pop or w.e its called

Also Fucking go you for being awesome

Beckx

Hey fellers,

My kids (ages 6-10) have loved the pokemon & nintendogs games, I don't think you can go wrong with those (only potential issue with nintendogs is that if the kid is playing in a noisy area, that may interfere with voice recognition, which gates gameplay and might cause frustration). As for others, it depends on ages & what kind of gamer they are. New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, and Mario Party are all good.

I've had good luck with refurbs from Gamestop for DS if you're looking to save costs. The only thing about the DS is that the hinges break so easily, especially for kids. I've not seen this issue with the 3DS models that we have, but they are much pricier obviously.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey fellers,

Thanks in advance.

Don't know how soon you need them but I get most of my stuff from the Buy Sell Trade thread. I see a lot of 3DS, DS and DSi go up on sale there. You could post a want to buy ad and I'm sure you'll get some hits.

>>implying anything but the hundreds of pics from 10 years ago being true

Seems like more and more some of the things I post are just becoming a social experiment on my behalf to see how a "collective" society with similar mentalities reacts.. There's just no winning with some of you.

Damn thats good stuff. You should feel more comfortable over here.

I somewhat disagree, especially because they work extremely better in a pair. i.e. Sherlock
I digress.
Moffat, I like, because he make the show more like Classic Who, and also makes the monster somewhat scary again, or at least jimmy-rustling.

I much preferred RTD's run with the exception of a few episodes that moffat did not write such as "The Doctors Wife" i really did not like the majority of the last 2 seasons.

Each to their own but once i seen moffat say he was influenced by twilight then i could not take his episodes as seriously any more.

I prefered CE and DT to MS also.

Different strokes ect

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
As for an addition to a HaloGAF shirt people were designing, i'm proposing this for an addition to the design.
8KYpI.png
Awesome. Kittens approves.

PS: I'm just a quarter inch short of being six feet tall. :-(

heckfu

Banned

So what you're saying is that there was no point to the post. Got it.

Damn thats good stuff. You should feel more comfortable over here.

You know, it's funny cuz I could've said the same thing about Elzar "boasting" about his stats by posting that screenshot, BUT I didn't because I don't think that was his intentions. Heckfu is just hating because he already has his childish, locked-in opinion of me.

You know.. not seeing the "bad" intentions, but rather just going with the flow of the conversation. Nice try guys, but I'm here to stay :]

What's HaloGAF's opinion IF Teleportation is a possible AA?

ex. Promethean Knight Teleports inwards and travels like a ball of light indicating each light sphere of every movement and it's final destination.

I think it would kind of defeat the purpose of having the Jetpack (to some extent) or Thruster. I don't think we'll see it as an AA, at least in Halo 4.

ex. Promethean Knight Teleports inwards and travels like a ball of light indicating each light sphere of every movement and it's final destination.

heckfu

Banned

Works well in Shadowrun! Could be a cool AA if done the right way.

No. Allowing a players hit box to completely disappear for any amount of time in a Halo game is a no no in my opinion.

Works well in Shadowrun! Could be a cool AA if done the right way.
I am disappoint.

a zoojoo

Banned
I much preferred RTD's run with the exception of a few episodes that moffat did not write such as "The Doctors Wife" i really did not like the majority of the last 2 seasons.

Each to their own but once i seen moffat say he was influenced by twilight then i could not take his episodes as seriously any more.

I prefered CE and DT to MS also.

Different strokes ect

I have to say I didn't like this last series with the exception of 3 episodes, the 1st two i got MASSIVE NERD CHILLS and The Doctor's Wife was Art. It is my favorite episode.

I also love DT (Favorite Doctor), but Matt Smith brings brings a humor and alien-ness that wasn't present, i felt, 2005-2009.

Oh. Me too. I totally do not know what those guys are saying with feet etc.
Canada is on the metric system, but everyone still says pounds and feet when talking weight and height. The only reason I know my actual height in cm is because my passport application form is right in front of me.

Homeboyd

Ipod Touches.

Angry Birds
Cut the Rope
Plants vs. Zombies
Fruit Ninja
Street Fighter
Infinity Blade
Real Racing 2

That should satisfy the majority of niches.

Maybe the LogoGame and Song Pop or w.e its called

Also Fucking go you for being awesome

My kids (ages 6-10) have loved the pokemon & nintendogs games, I don't think you can go wrong with those (only potential issue with nintendogs is that if the kid is playing in a noisy area, that may interfere with voice recognition, which gates gameplay and might cause frustration). As for others, it depends on ages & what kind of gamer they are. New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, and Mario Party are all good.

I've had good luck with refurbs from Gamestop for DS if you're looking to save costs. The only thing about the DS is that the hinges break so easily, especially for kids. I've not seen this issue with the 3DS models that we have, but they are much pricier obviously.

Don't know how soon you need them but I get most of my stuff from the Buy Sell Trade thread. I see a lot of 3DS, DS and DSi go up on sale there. You could post a want to buy ad and I'm sure you'll get some hits.
Thanks a lot guys. May pop in the BST thread and see what's popping. Never used it before. Pretty reputable sellers in there?

6'1" 140 lbs. Not an inheritor.

Homeboyd, have you talked to Urk about the Bungie Foundation?
I have not. I know they kind of do their own thing through the charity, but I didn't know if they talked to private businesses about these kinds of things. Certainly something to consider.

Thanks

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks a lot guys. May pop in the BST thread and see what's popping. Never used it before. Pretty reputable sellers in there?

I have not. I know they kind of do their own thing through the charity, but I didn't know if they talked to private businesses about these kinds of things. Certainly something to consider.

Thanks

Yes. I've never had to leave negative feed back on someone. For the most part people just need to sell shit and want to give GAF a good deal. Also, you know they're pretty much adult owned merchandise. There is a feedback list (check OP) and you can see the feedback for every member who has ever done business in the thread.

I have to say I didn't like this last series with the exception of 3 episodes, the 1st two i got MASSIVE NERD CHILLS and The Doctor's Wife was Art. It is my favorite episode.

I also love DT (Favorite Doctor), but Matt Smith brings brings a humor and alien-ness that wasn't present, i felt, 2005-2009.

BroFist from The Doctors Wife.

CE i think was the most alien doctor. DT pulled of Epicness the best. MS does funny well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom