• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noricart

Random thought: Every time people mentioned PV was overpowered, 343 (mostly Frank and David here) have said that it's not overpowered at all and that mostly bad players would use it. If this is the case then why did it get nerfed?

The situations where PV is under powered may be scenarios where the game is moving fairly quickly. Slower games (i.e infested with campers) benefit much more from PV, not only that, a team with good map control should be able to overpower their PV using adversaries. While a still player can't be seen on radar, PV can still see them. The largest problem with PV seems to be the ability for the user to completely avoid and gauge encounters.

a zoojoo

Banned
I was reading that article and as it was talking about the battle between offensives and mendicant bias. though offensive captured part of the others core the rest disappeared. what if mendicant bias was the ancient evil?

Noricart

I was reading that article and as it was talking about the battle between offensives and mendicant bias. though offensive captured part of the others core the rest disappeared. what if mendicant bias was the ancient evil?

Halo Reach is in fact a setup for the reveal of the ancient evil, which is Armor Lock.
Throughout the campaign you will be fighting the Promethean embodiment's of several Armor Abilities ranging from Sprint (Knight) Jetpack (Watcher) etc.
Then the Final Boss, Armor Lock.

Fuchsdh

Bias ended up on the Forerunner Dreadnought Truth took to the Ark. Last we see of him, he's communicating through the Terminals on Installation 04B.

What happens to him after that is unknown, but it's unlikely he escaped.

Random thought: Every time people mentioned PV was overpowered, 343 (mostly Frank and David here) have said that it's not overpowered at all and that mostly bad players would use it. If this is the case then why did it get nerfed?

They were most likely talking about its functionality and not its current iteration (tweaks).

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it was said that the recharge rate took longer and its depletion was quicker. It's functionality is still the same, therefore their statement, one that I agree with, still stands.

GhaleonEB

Fun Fact: Impossible in FF MM, but still listed as a possible medal for that gametype in your Service Record.
This has always bothered me.

Side note: would be neat if 343 went bananas with Challenge and jackpot payouts for the last few months of Reach's run, until Halo 4 lands. I'll hit Inheritor without it, but it would still be fun.

It's not that I don't care about HBO, I just...don't go to it.
New rule: you can't make Halo Community threads without reading the HBO front page.

raindoc

can an AI truly be evil (not just rampant)?
the terminals also show that MB wants to redeem himself (by helping MC), which doesn't really speak for an evil nature.

i'll buy and eat a hat if the ancient evil isn't precursor/flood related.

a zoojoo

Banned
Bias ended up on the Forerunner Dreadnought Truth took to the Ark. Last we see of him, he's communicating through the Terminals on Installation 04B.

can an AI truly be evil (not just rampant)?
the terminals also show that MB wants to redeem himself (by helping MC), which doesn't really speak for an evil nature.

i'll buy and eat a hat if the ancient evil isn't precursor/flood related.
I just was speculating. fuck

Question for those of you up to date on the fiction, is there any chance Jun every makes another appearance in the games? I'm guessing no but just wanted to ask.

Was it ever revealed – or figured out reasonably enough – what Mendicant Bias did to help out the Chief? Did he delay the firing of the rings? Did he redirect the Chief to Requiem?

New rule: you can't make Halo Community threads without reading the HBO front page.

*starts reading HBO*

Ah. I'll just get it off my back: I'd like to apologize to Unknown for that "weird" comment. That was out of character for me.

Rain check, bro.

It's not that I don't care about HBO, I just...don't go to it. Wu brings all the HBO love here, anyway.

Very cool.

Poster revoked.

FyreWulff

This has always bothered me.

Side note: would be neat if 343 went bananas with Challenge and jackpot payouts for the last few months of Reach's run, until Halo 4 lands. I'll hit Inheritor without it, but it would still be fun.

That'd be pretty cool. The cR payouts need to go up, in general. I think I'm currently sitting at something like 70 days straight of hitting the cR cap if I want Inheritor. I've never hit the credit cap.

The Grunt bonus challenge week was pretty good to me though.

But like you said, a CRAZYGONUTS cR rainstorm would be a pretty nice sendoff.

edit: and make Halo 3 permanently double EXP globally minus 7 on the 7th

Fuchsdh

Was it ever revealed – or figured out reasonably enough – what Mendicant Bias did to help out the Chief? Did he delay the firing of the rings? Did he redirect the Chief to Requiem?

*starts reading HBO*

Nope. Never stated. I honestly can't think of what he could have possibly done.

On that note, what happened to the Dreadnought? We know Truth "went to ground", but was there a place for Keyship docking on the Ark? Was it destroyed or infested, or abandoned?

*starts reading HBO*

If it is ever revealed that another party (Didact, Librarian, Timeless One, Mendicant Bias, etc, whatever...) influenced any of the events of the original trilogy, my head will explode...EXPLODE.

If it is ever revealed that another party (Didact, Librarian, Timeless One, Mendicant Bias, etc, whatever...) influenced any of the events of the original trilogy, my head will explode...EXPLODE.

Didact altered the Pillar of Autumns jump from Reach so they WOULD discover Halo and begin their path to reclamation. You all heard it here first.

On that note, what happened to the Dreadnought? We know Truth "went to ground", but was there a place for Keyship docking on the Ark? Was it destroyed or infested, or abandoned?

Whatever he did, whenever I play "Halo (3)" on Legendary, I always take the time to read the terminal, so I can have these words fresh in my mind:
You don't know the contortions I had to go through to follow you here, Reclaimer. I know what you're here for. What positions do I take? Will I follow one betrayal with another?

You're going to say I'm making a habit of turning on my masters.

But the one that destroyed me long ago, in the upper atmosphere of a world far distant from here, was an implement far cruder than I. My weakness was my capacity - unintentional though it was! - to choose the Flood. A mistake my makers would not soon forgive.

But I want something far different from you, Reclaimer.

Atonement.

And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a former master. The path ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to keep it stable - keep you safe. I'm not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions.

But I would have my masters know that I have changed.

And you shall be my example.
I think it adds a certain mood and a sense of finality to the level.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finally! About to do the last half hour of Mass Effect 3.

So far, the last couple hours have probably been my favorite in the series.

Sadly, it's not over yet.

raindoc

1) not sure how he helped chief during H3, but i like to think that he's the reason why Chief winds up at Requiem and the Arbiter at earth

2) pretty sure it was destroyed when chief blew up the Ark.

Finally! About to do the last half hour of Mass Effect 3.

So far, the last couple hours have probably my favorite in the series.

Sadly, it's not over yet.

so true.

Slaker117

Depends. Are you talking about the book or the game? In the book, IIRC, it was more of a guess – a lucky accident – while in Reach it was more intentional.

Ok. It's been forever since I read the book so it's all a little fuzzy. Point is she influenced the jump, so ending up at Halo was already non-random.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just finished Ep 6 of HaloGAF Radio. Tunavi, we'll get you in next ;)

Also, Wu, these guys were making fun of you but I totally had your back.

Woorloog

Banned
1) not sure how he helped chief during H3, but i like to think that he's the reason why Chief winds up at Requiem and the Arbiter at earth

2) pretty sure it was destroyed when chief blew up the Ark.

1) Huh, never thought of that. Hmm. Interesting.

2) Was the Ark actually destroyed and not just damaged?

3) I still want to know what Sharquoi are. Mentioned in the Conversation from the Universe booklet (which is canonical, IIRC) but not mentioned anywhere else ever again.

Heads up: Drunkfu tonight. Will Reach for food.

Does this mean that I need to engage O MY GOTT if we play?

79a.gif

Fuchsdh

1) Huh, never thought of that. Hmm. Interesting.

2) Was the Ark actually destroyed and not just damaged?

3) I still want to know what Sharquoi are. Mentioned in the Conversation from the Universe booklet (which is canonical, IIRC) but not mentioned anywhere else ever again.

Frankie wrote most of Conversations, and he suggested that there was still stuff to be gleaned from it. Don't give up hope.

Woorloog

Banned
Frankie wrote most of Conversations, and he suggested that there was still stuff to be gleaned from it. Don't give up hope.

I've waited nearly ten years, i can wait a few more. But after that...
Hmm.
I guess i'll pay a visit to 343i place and flip Frankie's table. EDIT unless it it bolted on the floor. Then i don't know what i do. Nothing i guess.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck, The Halo Council was attacked?? What the hell is up with douche bags on the internet today!

FyreWulff

What the fuck, The Halo Council was attacked?? What the hell is up with douche bags on the internet today!

It's way too easy. Within 2 months of Fire Team Zulu being online, it got DDoS'd once and then spambots started breaking the reCAPTCHA.

I eventually had to just end up blacklisting the entirety of Russia from reaching the site.

I like to believe MB is a part of the reason why MC and Cortana (coincidentally) ended up in Requiem.

Also the key ship and MB wasn't clarified of the outcome to Installation 04B's Premature Firing on 00.

CyReN

Been down mostly since Monday, we switched servers and they continued their attacks on the new site. From the looks of it, it seems like a community of people based in the States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom