• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

Just watched the Halo 4 E3 demo again. Awesome!!! Some of you guys said, that the logo, which appears in the end, with the text "An ancient evil awakens" over it, is the logo from the didact. How do you know this? I've never seen it before.

I've read only Cryptum (Primordium will be in my mail monday) so far, but I don't remember, that the symbol got described there. What did I miss?

IHaveIce

Banned
Just watched the Halo 4 E3 demo again. Awesome!!! Some of you guys said, that the logo, which appears in the end, with the text "An ancient evil awakens" over it, is the logo from the didact. How do you know this? I've never seen it before.

I've read only Cryptum (Primordium will be in my mail monday) so far, but I don't remember, that the symbol got described there. What did I miss?

The Halo 3 Terminals and also the Halo 3 Emblem revealed this logo as Didact if I remember correctly.

also check your PMs

The Symbol was already used in Halo 3's terminals. If you have not read the Terminals, you can check them out at Halo.Bungie.Org.

TheOddOne

denirogif.gif

a zoojoo

Banned
The more I read your posts as if Caboose were typing them, the funnier they are.

Anyway, OPEN TO EVERYONE (yes, even you, Unknown): I'm playing Halo 3 right now. You all know my GT: send me a message. Join me please. Team Slayer.
:DD
also id love to join you but I'm doing techie sound stuff at a seminar. it's very important

Woorloog

Banned
Listening to Halo Legends OST. Didn't particularly like them. Nothing to do with the style, i just found the stories to be meaningless and uninteresting. But that music... excellent versions. Earth City specifically.

Fuchsdh

Listening to Halo Legends OST. Didn't particularly like them. Nothing to do with the style, i just found the stories to be meaningless and uninteresting. But that music... excellent versions. Earth City specifically.

Pretty much. Legends is 343i's epic fail thus far.

The more I read your posts as if Caboose were typing them, the funnier they are.

Anyway, OPEN TO EVERYONE (you too, Unknown): I'm playing Halo 3 right now. You all know my GT: send me a message. Join me please. Team Slayer.

Sorry I don't play with weird people!
only cuz i'm busy atm lol

Woorloog

Banned
Pretty much. Legends is 343i's epic fail thus far.

I don't think it is a fail, i just didn't find it particulary special. Liked the format actually, now if they could make them interesting...
Not sure if i like Halo Evolutions or Legends less though, that's a though one.
(Not a fan of short stories in general, also i feel Evolutions had the same issue as Legends, uninteresting and meaningless stories)

Fuchsdh

I don't think it is a fail, i just didn't find it particulary special. Liked the format actually, now if they could make them interesting...
Not sure if i like Halo Evolutions or Legends less though, that's a though one.
(Not a fan of short stories in general, also i feel Evolutions had the same issue as Legends, uninteresting and meaningless stories)

Well, to me the difference is Evolutions was better written then the stories in Legends were achieved... I guess you could argue writing a good story is easier than an anime short, but the stories in Evolutions were consistently higher quality.

As for meaningless stories, I appreciated the origin of the Rookie, dealing in a small way with the aftermath of the war, elaborating on the excellent backstory of Cole, an Elite with a cricket bat fighting Flood, and Mo Ye. The only real stinkers were "Human Weakness" and "Palace Hotel", but by and large still better than Legends' "let's create new Spartans... and kill them all!" approach.

Karl2177

This website is fantastic. Why did I not know about this?

Also, somebody come play with me. I'm lonely.

Shoot. I was about to hop on Halo 3 and see if you wanted to do campaign, but now my dad wants to go see Avengers again. I really can't refuse to that.

For the most Hardcore fiction fans, Ascendant Justice was the best Halo Fiction site on the world wide web. Mr. Vociferous' article about the Terminals are maybe the best information source, you can get. Seriously I am happy that Jeremy was hired by 343i.

-----

Playing through 3's campaign, and watching the whole cutscene. Please 343i, do never forget the color of Halo. Never go the Reach route again. Please, promise it.

This website is fantastic. Why did I not know about this?

Also, somebody come play with me. I'm lonely.
Because you do not care about Louis Wu's site? You can spend days on HBO, just click through some pages and you will find always some awesome stuff.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, to me the difference is Evolutions was better written then the stories in Legends were achieved... I guess you could argue writing a good story is easier than an anime short, but the stories in Evolutions were consistently higher quality.

As for meaningless stories, I appreciated the origin of the Rookie, dealing in a small way with the aftermath of the war, elaborating on the excellent backstory of Cole, an Elite with a cricket bat fighting Flood, and Mo Ye. The only real stinkers were "Human Weakness" and "Palace Hotel", but by and large still better than Legends' "let's create new Spartans... and kill them all!" approach.

Ah, yes, the Evolutions did have something good. The story about Cole, it was really good. I don't like Nylund's writing really but that one? Very nice. I liked how the story was structured. Maybe i should re-read it.

I don't think i actually even read all the stories in Evolutions...

Understand what you mean about them being better than Legend's stories though. Never liked how the Spartan numbers were never really explained... and then creating more and killing them anyway.

Fuchsdh

For the most Hardcore fiction fans, Ascendant Justice was the best Halo Fiction site on the world wide web. Mr. Vociferous' article about the Terminals are maybe the best information source, you can get. Seriously I am happy that Jeremy was hired by 343i.

-----

Playing through 3's campaign, and watching the whole cutscene. Please 343i, do never forget the color of Halo. Never go the Reach route again. Please, promise it.

Because you do not care about Louis Wu's site? You can spend days on HBO, just click through some pages and you will find always some awesome stuff.

That, and HBO is kind of an organizational mess. There's a ton of subpages that are hard to find. Not that I blame the man, it's a huge website for one guy to maintain.

Ah. I'll just get it off my back: I'd like to apologize to Unknown for that "weird" comment. That was out of character for me.
Shoot. I was about to hop on Halo 3 and see if you wanted to do campaign, but now my dad wants to go see Avengers again. I really can't refuse to that.
Rain check, bro.
It's not that I don't care about HBO, I just...don't go to it. Wu brings all the HBO love here, anyway.
Very cool.

Akai__

The Halo 3 Terminals and also the Halo 3 Emblem revealed this logo as Didact if I remember correctly.

also check your PMs

I must admit, that I was never interested in the story of Halo, since last year, where I was borrowing "The Fall of Reach" from a schoolmate. I was amazed by the story.

I never thought, that you can find information like this in the Halo 3 Terminals. I think I have to read through all of them.

Thanks guys and thanks for the link Hyper.

Overdoziz

Banned
Random thought: Every time people mentioned PV was overpowered, 343 (mostly Frank and David here) have said that it's not overpowered at all and that mostly bad players would use it. If this is the case then why did it get nerfed?

Woorloog

Banned
Random thought: Every time people mentioned PV was overpowered, 343 (mostly Frank and David here) have said that it's not overpowered at all and that mostly bad players would use it. If this is the case then why did it get nerfed?

Maybe the bad players became even worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom