• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to keep up with this thread so I got some questions for those that do.

Is the BR still unbalanced and a 5sk or is it balanced and 4sk now?

Do you still remain in scope when getting shot at making ranged scoped weapons much easier to use?

Thanks in advance.

The BR is a 7 shot kill, but to balance this out they have added a chainsaw to it.
Also they have removed scopes in favor of aiming with Kinect.

Omni

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread so I got some questions for those that do.

Is the BR still unbalanced and a 5sk or is it balanced and 4sk now?

Do you still remain in scope when getting shot at making ranged scoped weapons much easier to use?

Thanks in advance.
1. Still 5sk I think. I heard a rumour that it might be changing... but who knows. People like to make up shit.
2. You can take a certain amount of damage before you're forced out of scope (I think)

heckfu

Banned
overkill banned, gui gone, 5 dead, 2 of them cops...

a56ee99b-44e6-47f9-bd10-fc5189e8269b_400.jpg

As 343 has said they have plenty of balancing tweaks to be from the E3 build and what the final build are, but keep in mind those are tweaks. Tweaks to weapons are probably going to involve slight changes in aim assist, recoil, spread, possibly very slight adjustments to ROF. The BR being changed from a 5sk to a 4sk is a pipe-dream, that would be a massive change to the weapon.

Just think people should keep their realistic expectations in check.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
As 343 has said they have plenty of balancing tweaks to be from the E3 build and what the final build are, but keep in mind those are tweaks. Tweaks to weapons are probably going to involve slight changes in aim assist, recoil, spread, possibly very slight adjustments to ROF. The BR being changed from a 5sk to a 4sk is a pipe-dream, that would be a massive change to the weapon.

Just think people should keep their realistic expectations in check.

You mean it's a simple change that would balance the weapon with the others in it's class while making it stillfeel like a unique weapon.

People playing right now? Thinking about getting on for a few, also need to begin the GOT offseason OT.

You mean it's a simple change that would balance the weapon with the others in it's class while making it stillfeel like a unique weapon.
That is a huge change to the weapon in relation to it's balance to the sandbox. 343 didn't make it a 5sk by accident, clearly it is part of how they want to balance the weapon in their sandbox, and as stated above shot to kill is not the only way that is weapon is balanced against others in the sandbox, and changes in some of those other attributes is likely, weapons changing shots to kill at this point in development is very unlikely.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
People playing right now? Thinking about getting on for a few, also need to begin the GOT offseason OT.

That is a huge change to the weapon in relation to it's balance to the sandbox. 343 didn't make it a 5sk by accident, clearly it is part of how they want to balance the weapon in their sandbox, and as stated above shot to kill is not the only way that is weapon is balanced against others in the sandbox, and changes in some of those other attributes is likely, weapons changing shots to kill at this point in development is very unlikely.

So unbalanced is balancing?

Shots to kills does mean nothing, kill time is what's important.

As it stands, the 5sk BR is significantly slower than the DMR and Carbine.

As a 4sk, it would be perfectly balanced with the other weapons.

So unbalanced is balancing?

Shots to kills does mean nothing, kill time is what's important.

As it stands, the 5sk BR is significantly slower than the DMR and Carbine.

As a 4sk, it would be perfectly balanced with the other weapons.

How could you know if it's balanced without knowing average kill times?

m23

Wasn't that Halo 4 trailer supposed to come out today? I didn't see it attached to TDK:R either.

I'm going to see Dark Knight Rises on the 28th, if the Halo trailer is shown.....I will scream like a girl. But Imax tends to have very few if any trailers where I'm at.

daedalius

The BRs average kill time is going to be even longer thanks to the slow rate of fire.

So, you know they haven't locked in the damage and rate of fire profiles for the weapons, right?

Ellis has already said, multiple times, that these things have changed, and changed significantly, since the E3 build.

Until they come out and give us specific shots-to-kill/time-to-kill numbers, you are just making assumptions on out of date information.

The BRs average kill time is going to be even longer thanks to the slow rate of fire.

Of course the average kill time is going to be slower than the min kill time. What I'm talking about is how the average kill times for weapons match up and the differences between min and average kill times. Those are unknown, and undoubtingly part of how 343 is balancing their weapon sandbox (at least I'd hope so).

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
So, you know they haven't locked in the damage and rate of fire profiles for the weapons, right?

Ellis has already said, multiple times, that these things have changed, and changed significantly, since the E3 build.

Until they come out and give us specific shots-to-kill/time-to-kill numbers, you are just making assumptions on out of date information.

Did you even read my posts? I asked if there was any word on the subject and that conversation has moved on to the balance of the BR
Of course the average kill time is going to be slower than the min kill time. What I'm talking about is how the average kill times for weapons match up and the differences between min and average kill times. Those are unknown, and undoubtingly part of how 343 is balancing their weapon sandbox (at least I'd hope so).

As in the average kill time will be even further adrift compared to the other weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom