• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

There's night vision in Halo Reach. Who would've known? I honestly only figured that out today. Completely useless.

Ramirez

Damm, it's sad to see Overkill gone, he was a nice guy.

EQuFX.jpg

daedalius

Damm, it's sad to see Overkill gone, he was a nice guy.

Pretty sure he basically said caring about other people dying is for the weak, but y'know... nice guy.

Not the answer I was looking for but thanks.

Sorry, I doubt you will get any specifics considering they are still tweaking all of the weapon balance, not just the BR. Also, the sandbox design team unfortunately does not solicit us for suggestions :p

Of course the average kill time is going to be slower than the min kill time. What I'm talking about is how the average kill times for weapons match up and the differences between min and average kill times. Those are unknown, and undoubtingly part of how 343 is balancing their weapon sandbox (at least I'd hope so).
The BR can be moved to a 4sk (which I think it should) without affecting the min kill time if so desired. I believe it would be better off if just changed outright, though.

daedalius

Crysis 2 is meh as fuck.

I am playing through it now as well.

The game keeps telling me to stealth but I just shoot dudes. It has some interesting ideas for gameplay, but they don't seem to pan out in practice. I just end up standing back and sniping/assault rifling everything.

The multiplayer, which I only played the beta, was basically a mix of COD and some Halo stuff, but way too much COD... with on-demand camo for everyone. Even with armor mode, you still get smoked way fast.

Original crysis multiplayer was far superior, it was a mix of counterstrike and battlefield.

The BR can be moved to a 4sk (which I think it should) without affecting the min kill time if so desired. I believe it would be better off if just changed outright, though.

How is this true? If you eliminate a shot from shots to kill, it takes less shots, which take less time?

While I also think it should likely be 4sk, albeit it should be a PERFECT 4 shot. How often do people get triple-kills in one clip? with a BR/DMR?

I lol'd at the point when I was playing and realized the controls are very similar to Halo 4's default.

Yeeaah no.

Hah, it really is pretty similar to Halo 4 default aren't they? With sprint on the stick now and all, B to crouch.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I am playing through it now as well.

The game keeps telling me to stealth but I just shoot dudes. It has some interesting ideas for gameplay, but they don't seem to pan out in practice. I just end up standing back and sniping/assault rifling everything.

The multiplayer, which I only played the beta, was basically a mix of COD and some Halo stuff, but way too much COD... with on-demand camo for everyone. Even with armor mode, you still get smoked way fast.

Original crysis multiplayer was far superior, it was a mix of counterstrike and battlefield.
I lol'd at the point when I was playing and realized the controls are very similar to Halo 4's default.

Yeeaah no.

Not hopping on tonight guys. Just get home from work to find out my Grandma (who I'm very close to) had her cancer take a turn for the worse. She's got 2 weeks left. On top of that my pitching shoulder began bothering me severely for the first time since recovery during my bullpen today. Sometimes... I just wonder...

zap

Good games all. Damn jackpot is elusive.

I got it my first game :/

Not hopping on tonight guys. Just get home from work to find out my Grandma (who I'm very close to) had her cancer take a turn for the worse. She's got 2 weeks left. On top of that my pitching shoulder began bothering me severely for the first time since recovery during my bullpen today. Sometimes... I just wonder...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma, man.

How is this true? If you eliminate a shot from shots to kill, it takes less shots, which take less time?

While I also think it should likely be 4sk, albeit it should be a PERFECT 4 shot. How often do people get triple-kills in one clip? with a BR/DMR?
Remember, they also control the minimum time delay between successive shots, or the pacing. If they wanted a 4sk BR to have the same min kill time as a 5sk BR, the shots would just be spread out more in time. They could conceiveably make a 2sk BR have the same kill time.

Also, it just makes sense to me for the weapon to be capable of three clean kills without a reload. Sure, that doesn't happen often, but shooting three enemies that have somehow taken no other form of damage first (grenades, teamshot) doesn't happen often either. Allowing for the max 3 kills just affords more opportunity. It's this reason the H4 pistol seems so gimped, you can hardly get a single kill without reloading, if that.

daedalius

Remember, they also control the minimum time delay between successive shots, or the pacing. If they wanted a 4sk BR to have the same min kill time as a 5sk BR, the shots would just be spread out more in time. They could conceiveably make a 2sk BR have the same kill time.

Also, it just makes sense to me for the weapon to be capable of three clean kills without a reload. Sure, that doesn't happen often, but shooting three enemies that have somehow taken no other form of damage first (grenades, teamshot) doesn't happen often either. Allowing for the max 3 kills just affords more opportunity. It's this reason the H4 pistol seems so gimped, you can hardly get a single kill without reloading, if that.

That is true, I guess I just didn't interpret that you meant reducing the time between shots either. It does seem to fire very fast in the videos, faster than even the Halo 2 BR which is the fastest so far.

I'm ok with it being 5 shot, as long as it keeps that same quick rate of fire; we've gone back and forth a lot about the merits of 5 shot vs 4 shot kills. Personally I'd be alright with either.

Ramirez

Sorry about your grandma. As for the shoulder, ice it up.

As in the average kill time will be even further adrift compared to the other weapons.
How could you know that without knowing the average kill times?
I'm not saying that the BR shouldn't be a 4sk, nor did I ever say that. I just wanted to bring up that I feel it is very unlikely that it will happen. They are making tuning adjustments, those will almost certainly come from changes with other traits to the weapons, not changing shots to kill.
I'd really like to know what 343's plans are to combat idling in Spartan Ops matchmaking. Because stuff like this is still rampant in Firefight, and it is ruinous.
We'd all like to hear just about anything on matchmaking.

GG's everyone, and each time I play Reach it reaffirms be biggest fear for Halo 4, playlist management.

vhfive

DEAR (some number shit here) UNKNOWN (some number shit here)

YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID AND ANNOYING AND THE REASON I LEFT HALOGAF. GO AWAY PLZ. NO ONE LIKES YOU

THX <3 VH5

I'm very curious to Halo 4, FUD's story and it involving the Unsc Starship Infinity more to something similar as Star Trek TV Series, Online + Star Wars: Republic Commandos.

Halo 4 is going to be perfect. It will give us all the tools we need to make the game we've dreamed of for a long time - even if we all don't agree on the matchmaking changes.

Halo 4 is going to be perfect. It will give us all the tools we need to make the game we've dreamed of for a long time - even if we all don't agree on the matchmaking changes.

I wouldn't go as far as to say perfect, but this has been my thought process for a long time. 343 has crafted what seems to be an excellent base game. Once you trim off all the armor abilities and perks, you're left with a battle rifle and quick, crisp movement.

I wouldn't go as far as to say perfect, but this has been my thought process for a long time. 343 has crafted what seems to be an excellent base game. Once you trim off all the armor abilities and perks, you're left with a battle rifle and quick, crisp movement.

Well yeah, I suppose perfect isn't the right word exactly, but the point is that the goal is to create a platform that the community can improve upon. I mean, sure, Forge etc, may not be exactly up to par with what some of us may want, but it's still improving slowly.

I commend 343 and Certain Affinity for all the work they've done, despite the criticism, and despite essentially working against the current - or Bungie's legacy.

All that variety sounds exciting
not really

Seriously? You do better. This is their FIRST game, realistically. A feat like this has never really been done before in the industry, and they deserve all the support they can get.

All that variety sounds exciting
not really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom