• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I only go into game chat when I'm with GAF.

The majority of randoms just spout nonsense or don't talk at all, plus party chat's audio quality is much better.

Oooooooh what do we have here?

iN74GgU4jsZ8r.JPG

THANKS BIGGY!

Orders filled finally. Love that UNSC controller so much.

inTgGE45qZbii.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I need to pre-order. I still don't know where I'll be living in November, though. :-|

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you need to pre-order?

You'll be able to walk into any store and buy it day one. Those LEs will be sitting on store shelves for years too.
Yeah, you're probably right. But I know I'm not going to want to risk it. If I got to the store on launch day and they were all out, I would be so pissed, hah.

Edit : Looked up Astro A50s out of curiosity, saw the price, shat my pants. There's no way in hell I would ever pay $300 for a headset when I can get a crappy little first party headset for three bucks.

Man, I need to pre-order. I still don't know where I'll be living in November, though. :-|

I'm not even sure if want the limited edition. If it had everything on a second disc, I'd be more likely to get it, but as of now...eh.

I may do it in the end just for the steelbook.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even sure if want the limited edition. If it had everything on a second disc, I'd be more likely to get it, but as of now...eh.

I may do it in the end just for the steelbook.
Why is having all the content on one disc a bad thing...?

Party chat messes up music. What is that?

Because, if you're streaming (assuming you want the stream to be able to hear your team/party) and/or have a headset that requires you to set your voice options to Speakers/Both, then party chat is set to override the sound that you would normally hear from the speakers/headset. If you use it with something like the official headset or one of the 360 wireless ones, it's no problem (I have the official reach wireless headset. No issues. When streaming, I use the "Both" option for voice and my surround sound headphones. The issue you describe occurs.).

EDIT: Beaten. Of course.

Set the Voice settings for chat sounds to only come out of the headset and it won't dim/quiet down your music. Unless you are using Turtle beaches, then I don't know what to tell you.

Why is having all the content on one disc a bad thing...?

What? My point was that most of the great extra stuff included in the LE isn't available on a disc and can only be accessed through streams. I want that stuff on an extra disc, and the fact that it's not means I'm less likely to buy it otherwise.

For me, the jury is out on drop-in/drop-out. Potentially fantastic. I want to believe.

I like the new dinosaur enemies in Halo 4.
Strange how we haven't seen any jackals yet.

We haven't really heard specific playlist talk, probably won't until October.
They're featured in campaign and the playable Spartan Ops mission...

kylej

Banned
Wasn't someone suppose to keep a list of cleansed gamertags?

yeah that was juices idea for bkcleansing.com

If someone could write a script that pulls gamertags of the enemy team when our team goes +40 or higher and then compiles those names into a list, I would buy the hosting and domain for it today.

Arnie

I want to know about a proper ranking system before I commit to the limited edition, as honestly the only emotion credits and experience stir is apathy. If that's even an emotion. It's frustrating how coy they're being regarding it too, I know Frank's confirmed something, and I appreciate that, but I can't sign on to the game and say I'll be in for all the map packs if me or my friends aren't going to have any motivation to pick it up and play it most days.

Oooooooh what do we have here?

http://i.minus.com/iN74GgU4jsZ8r.JPG[IMG]

THANKS BIGGY!

Orders filled finally. Love that UNSC controller so much.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/inTgGE45qZbii.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Nice! Everyone's swag has been mailed out.

Time to pre-order dem UNSC gears on amazon.

I'm wondering if I should keep my preorder for the game on Amazon or just go ahead and get the LE at the Best Buy in Times Square at launch. I hope they don't run out.

heckfu

Banned

I'm wondering if I should keep my preorder for the game on Amazon or just go ahead and get the LE at the Best Buy in Times Square at launch. I hope they don't run out.

I thought that was the plan from the start.

Actually, I think I might call them right now.

Maybe ask a New Yorker to pre-order the game at the best buy for you? or at least to put down some monies. Damn. I really want to attend a Midnight Launch someday.

Other question: I am trying to get every Achievement in every Halo game before Halo 4 comes out. Who does need the Multiplayer achievement of Halo 2?

If someone could write a script that pulls gamertags of the enemy team when our team goes +40 or higher and then compiles those names into a list, I would buy the hosting and domain for it today.

Yea TheBKCleansing was good times! Then we had the idea for the list site and a bunch of people here got offended like it was going too far for some reason.

Ultimately I wanted just a box in the center to type your GT to check if I cleansed you and it would match that tag with mine and check for any games we played. If I did beat them it would show the game link and be all like "You got cleansed!"

Posion, where did you find the controller? I can't find it on amazon...

Going to ge that UNSC headset too. My headset has run its course.

EDIT: Newegg.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What? My point was that most of the great extra stuff included in the LE isn't available on a disc and can only be accessed through streams. I want that stuff on an extra disc, and the fact that it's not means I'm less likely to buy it otherwise.
Ah, gotcha.

heckfu

Banned
If anyone from 343 were in this forum, I wonder if they could PM me a good place in NYC to preorder from for the midnight launch, hint hint.

Tawpgun

Yea TheBKCleansing was good times! Then we had the idea for the list site and a bunch of people here got offended like it was going too far for some reason.

Ultimately I wanted just a box in the center to type your GT to check if I cleansed you and it would match that tag with mine and check for any games we played. If I did beat them it would show the game link and be all like "You got cleansed!"

I wonder if the Reach API can track that. Someone should find this out. As in someone who knows their way around this stuff.

If anyone from 343 were in this forum, I wonder if they could PM me a good place in NYC to preorder from for the midnight launch, hint hint.
Are you going to NYC for the launch?

If there's gonna be a HaloGAF presence there I might casual New York Trip down for the midnight launch. Otherwise I'm doing the midnight launch from gamestop at the Prudential Tower in Boston. Not sure if they'll have a cool event, but meeting people during the BF3 launch was a lot of fun.

Getting on for a bit to cleanse. GT is Tawpgun. Got an hour and a half to kill.

Posion, where did you find the controller? I can't find it on amazon...

Going to ge that UNSC headset too. My headset has run its course.

Long story short, Newegg wouldn't offer me a refund for an item, so they gave me store credit. I purchased both from there. No release date delivery unfortunately. I can wait 3 days though.

Ah yes, I knew there was someone here who talked about this stuff, just couldn't put a name to it.

Fyrewulf pls halp

I don't think you understand. Fyrewulff's rant is that there is no more Reach API. Maybe the Automatic Cleansing Aggregator™ was possible when Bungie.net had the stats, but there's no way to do it now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

That would be amazing.

heckfu

Banned
Are you going to NYC for the launch?

If there's gonna be a HaloGAF presence there I might casual New York Trip down for the midnight launch. Otherwise I'm doing the midnight launch from gamestop at the Prudential Tower in Boston. Not sure if they'll have a cool event, but meeting people during the BF3 launch was a lot of fun.
Yup! I think a couple of us are going to go.

And a really shitty thing for anyone to do.
Lol, don't be so serioussssss Dani. Just jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom