• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
Look I just want a visual rank. I want to shit on kids. Halo IS about putting two teams up against each other and seeing who wins. Thats entirely what its built around there is like a whole scoring system based on shooting and killing the opponent. If you want to have a fun social time go join Facebook and status update me on what you ate for breakfast. Cause breakfast food is fucking awesome. I like bacon.

Jesus, Halo 5 is just going to just put everyone on the same team. Constantly say all tied up at fun to fun! and you're going to shoot cuddleparties out of your gun. Fuck.

Grow some balls, bring back 1-50. Noone gives a shit about a gold star. I got 100's of gold stars in fourth grade I got stars for wiping my own ass. I want my fucking 50. Fuck.

hire juices

willow ve

Dumb question, but why is the rating of Halo 4 done when the game isn't completed yet?

FzzuO.png

I don't think it really is rated yet. They probably just assume it will be M for mature... everywhere else that has an ESRB rating shows it as RP (rating pending)

Risen

So are you also fine with joining into a lobby ala-CoD during a 60 second grace period between matches?

Just not joining a game in the middle of a match I guess.

Joining an existing lobby is fine by me and makes perfect sense... I do not like joining a game already in progress as it's an uneven playing field. I also don't think my game experience is significantly better when an endless supply of sheep are filtered in for the slaughter.

Sure I've giggled myself to tears while slapping a MOAB on the third set of kids that just joined while doing nothing but quick scoping... but it's all so mindless and boring in the end and just prolongs the inevitable.

daedalius

Joining an existing lobby is fine by me and makes perfect sense... I do not like joining a game already in progress as it's an uneven playing field. I also don't think my game experience is significantly better when an endless supply of sheep are filtered in for the slaughter.

Sure I've giggled myself to tears while slapping a MOAB on the third set of kids that just joined while doing nothing but quick scoping... but it's all so mindless and boring in the end and just prolongs the inevitable.

Way to be a jerk.

About this and filling bars :p

Beckx

If Master Chief is like Batman, will we ever get a Master Chief Begins movie?

I dunno, it sounds like it might be kinda dull. But maybe it's a Full Metal Jacket kind of movie. Sadly Halsey survives her Pyle moment. :(

Why are you all trying to guess the rating on a mature series? Only this post is a greater waste of time.

IMO Halo is mis-rated at M. The content is not out of line with what's in the original Star Wars, for example - though I guess Han stopped at damn and hell, and never crossed the line over to saying bastard! Though at the end of the day an M rating is probably a better marketing angle in the current climate.

Louis Wu

I've come to the conclusion that if the Brute headpiece is done in time for PAX, Wu must play Dance Central against someone while wearing it.
Yeah... that's not gonna happen. :(

I can't put into words how happy I am that "DIDO" stuck.

I do it for the jokes, man.
um... what?

You realize it's way older than you, right?

Showed up here on GAF, with respect to Halo, back in February, for example.

Showed up in videogames in general years ago.

If it's new to you, though - nice work. :)

I dunno, it sounds like it might be kinda dull. But maybe it's a Full Metal Jacket kind of movie. Sadly Halsey survives her Pyle moment. :(

Come on, Michael Caine as Sergeant Mendez.

"Why do we fall, Master Chief? So we can learn to shootbang stuff."

EDIT: Never even realized I was quoting Beckx. When did you join GAF, bro?

daedalius

Yer mom jerked my...

never mind.

You playing Halo tonight?

We're almost the same age and you're going to make mom jokes like that? Wow.

Also, doubt it; wife is off till Thursday and I have some contract work I really should finish up. I need another xbox to run next to my computer for when I am sitting up there... maybe I'll steal my dads since he has used it a grand total of like twice in years.

Risen

We're almost the same age and you're going to make mom jokes like that? Wow.

Also, doubt it; wife is off till Thursday and I have some contract work I really should finish up. I need another xbox to run next to my computer for when I am sitting up there... maybe I'll steal my dads since he has used it a grand total of like twice in years.

I'm shameless... tell yer wife to read a book tonight, and that I said so. I'm sure that will work.

Risen

Yeah... that's not gonna happen. :(

um... what?

You realize it's way older than you, right?

Showed up here on GAF, with respect to Halo, back in February, for example.

Showed up in videogames in general years ago.

If it's new to you, though - nice work. :)

Did you have to break out a keyboard prosthesis to Google that? I'm positive a man your age needed help ;). When's our next game Cap'n?

Karl2177

too late ? :(

Oh the whole rank discussion is too much for me. I think someone already presented the best designs : the starcraft 2 system or a mixture of 1-50 and arena.. Your 1-50 rank resets after a season, a season = 4 months or something like this.
How much reset are we talking here? I don't want to regrind. I've thought of systems that would work, but they are all prone to the derank. Hell, even SC2 is easily derank-able. I went from gold to bronze in 2 days.

Dumb question, but why is the rating of Halo 4 done when the game isn't completed yet?

http://i.imgur.com/FzzuO.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Unless the ESRB rating process has changed dramatically in the past few years and I didn't know about it, ESRB doesn't actually play the games to rate them. They are sent a reel of footage from the game that includes the games most extreme or explicit material, and a board watches that footage and assigns the rating based on that.

Anyone miss Proximity chat? Party chat has ruined so many thing :(

-crouching into Zanzibar base with the bomb-
"Yo guys I'm crouching in the right entrance waiting for you guys to get here with the bomb!" The other team hears this and goes to check it out.
-sneaking around left doorway while team is distracted on the right-
-goes in uncontested-
-arming bomb while enemies come back-
"HAHA! IT'S TOO LATE BITCHES!"
-boom goes the dynamite-

^Proximity chat was great, but man I never use my mic with randoms anymore.. Its too bad how much party chat really did change the dynamics of communication in online games.

No, they look like bad anime with big eyes.

eh, I disagree, large eyes do not have to look cartoony by any means. I'm not saying the eyes should emulate 1:1 the original Jackal eyes, but rather the large, creepy alien/avian eyes is a staple of the Jackal design and I think it is unfortunate to see it go. Its what helps it stand out from more typical 'monsters' in a lot of ways as well, I learned that when attempting to draw one.

Im fine with re-designs, but in this case I really wish they would have kept true to a few more features.

FzzuO.png

Hm, are they allowed to put a rating on a page before its officially rated? If not, I assume they already submitted a build to be rated. Kinda crazy that the game is in the final stretch. Also, it makes me sad knowing that no matter what we say about the Jackals eyes, the won't change. =P

Louis Wu

Did you have to break out a keyboard prosthesis to Google that? I'm positive a man your age needed help ;). When's our next game Cap'n?
I google with my mind these days. I think, and the results appear on my screen.

GoogleZen Master.

I posted in the Tourney thread this morning, asking Trey when his team might be ready for the next match - no answer yet. I'm hoping it happens soon; there are 4 games left, total (one more semi, two finals, and one championship), and I leave the country for 2 weeks starting next Wednesday. Would be really nice to have the whole shebang finished before then. :(

Beckx

Glad to see you made it, bro.

Thankee sir, glad to be here. You planning on being online in the mornings again when H4 is out? Spartan Ops, baby!

^Proximity chat was great, but man I never use my mic with randoms anymore.. Its too bad how much party chat really did change the dynamics of communication in online games.

No kidding. I thought things like Chromehounds did would be the future, but party chat killed it. I suppose it's all for the greater good.

Oh, I bet that can get awkward. "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?" "No - it just popped up there - I mean - "

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Unless the ESRB rating process has changed dramatically in the past few years and I didn't know about it, ESRB doesn't actually play the games to rate them. They are sent a reel of footage from the game that includes the games most extreme or explicit material, and a board watches that footage and assigns the rating based on that.

Yup. I don't think it was changed. Also, with it going gold in less than 2 months, I would imagine it's content complete. Could be wrong though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm not a fan of party chat. I like coordinating with randoms in competitive games, and making dumb jokes with them in BTB.

I'd rather not be forced to talk to the party of 5 13 year olds screaming when I pick up a sniper.
Then mute them.

Thankee sir, glad to be here. You planning on being online in the mornings again when H4 is out? Spartan Ops, baby!

Depends on my class schedule and/or other obligations. Last year I was in university and had hardly no lessons and barely anything to do during the mornings. This year I went to college, had a lot more hours and stuff to do, assignments, the (ex) girlfriend, etcetera. :lol

I'll definitely try and get some more games in when Halo 4 rolls around. But I'm done with Reach.

In the year 2500, Google has mastered Long-range scanners to map every destination in our Galaxy. They will call it, Google Space Maps or Google Interstellar Maps.

Google Galaxy.

6faEG.jpg

Funded by the Systems Alliance.

Tawpgun

Nooooooooooooooo.

I'd rather not be forced to talk to the party of 5 13 year olds screaming when I pick up a sniper.

The only time I'm not in party chat is when I am playing with Gaf.
Unfortunately people like you won out.

I miss talking with new people every game. I thought the 13 year olds and trash talking are hilarious. For some reason too many people are too sensitive with that stuff

Risen

GoogleZen Master.

I posted in the Tourney thread this morning, asking Trey when his team might be ready for the next match - no answer yet. I'm hoping it happens soon; there are 4 games left, total (one more semi, two finals, and one championship), and I leave the country for 2 weeks starting next Wednesday. Would be really nice to have the whole shebang finished before then. :(

Another wolf eaten? Say it ain't so lol. Xeno... I am disappoint son.

I have a vacation coming up August 7th that will take me out of the picture of roughly a week as well. Sure would be nice to wrap games up soon!

Edit:

Why does Waypoint suck like one of those fish that cleans tanks? Having the portal to a top tier franchise be so bad... Dusty Rhodes says it's SHAMEFUL!

GoogleZen Master.

I'll be back saturday so if the tourney isn't over then for you guys, I'd love to rejoin the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom