• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCKaos

You know what? I think the Jackals look cooler this way. After the introduction of Skirmishers it makes far more sense that Jackals would be a bit beefier to justify their lack of movement. In Reach Skirmishers could run much faster and jump incredibly high despite their similar size and build. It makes sense to make Jackals look bigger.

Ah, gotcha.

I'm sorry I kinda bit you're head off with that response, Kittens. I was in the process of reading reactions to something I posted in the TDKR thread and people were biting my head off.

Probably my fault because I hadn't read the last two pages prior to that particular response, and the manner in which I posted, but you misinterpret a few scenes out of the many movies you've seen in your life and people imply that you're stupid and that Nolan needs to be more heavy-handed than he already is.

More games should ban party chat.

I agree sometimes, although I frequently use Party Chat while playing games.

You know what? I think the Jackals look cooler this way. After the introduction of Skirmishers it makes far more sense that Jackals would be a bit beefier to justify their lack of movement. In Reach Skirmishers could run much faster and jump incredibly high despite their similar size and build. It makes sense to make Jackals look bigger.

I still have my difference with the design, but I don't hate the art. Just kinda wish they would have kept what I and others seem to consider key distinguishing features. None the less, Im really hoping Skirmishers make a return.. They can be fun to fight depending, and were an amazing enemy to watch.. Plus I would be curious to see what they would look like.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Why did microsoft decided to team up with madcatz for their H4 headset is beyond me tritton headset build quality is shit.

this makes me want to do it even more

$100 to someone who writes a script that does this. I can paypal.

Some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn-27.jpg

Tawpgun

Yup! I think a couple of us are going to go.

Lol, don't be so serioussssss Dani. Just jokes.

Why are you going to be up in NY anyway if you don't mind me asking?
if you mind me asking, answer anyway

It's not about anti-gamechat, it's about not being forced to listen to groups of 14 year olds yelling racist and homophobic slurs endlessly into your ear when you could just be in a party with your friends.

Dat mute button.

In PGL: select name, hit mute.
In game: Back, select name, X.

TOO HARD. TOO HARD. TOO HARD.

Besides, they make it more fun. Some of you have such thin skin for these things.

Louis Wu

yeah that was juices idea for bkcleansing.com

If someone could write a script that pulls gamertags of the enemy team when our team goes +40 or higher and then compiles those names into a list, I would buy the hosting and domain for it today.
Wouldn't that require that Waypoint actually let you access game stats of people other than yourself? :(

Risen

Wouldn't that require that Waypoint actually let you access game stats of people other than yourself? :(

Dude... I tried every way possible to look at a few game histories today and was brought to the tip of rage from the same error message over and over and over and over again.

Tawpgun

Not sure if late.. but some new details I haven't heard before.

10:20 nade talk is interesting to me because I think I'm one of the only people who think they nades didn't need a nerf in its power/blast radius.

• Faster movement/better strafe
  • Higher jump height
  • Can't pick up nades from dead bodies unless that Armor Mod is equipped
  • Stronger gunplay
  • Grenade indicators also help you avoid nades

I'd rather just reward good nade throwing. Rather than panic throwing in Reach that works too well.

Tawpgun

I got betrayed for Yoinking with a blind toss of a grenade from all the way across the map. Like anyone could actually do that on purpose.

On Reach or 4?

It's not about removing that problem, thats impossible.

It's reducing it.

The fact that I see encounters in Reach like Sprint->Melee->Grenade says something about the gameplay. The fact that its effective says something worse.

Thankfully with bleedthrough and the sprint nerf, that will hopefully go away.

I got betrayed for Yoinking with a blind toss of a grenade from all the way across the map. Like anyone could actually do that on purpose.

You bring that up as something negative, but that's one of the many things that makes Halo's sandbox Halo. How many "funny" vids have there been because of this type rare occasion?

Not trying to sound offensive as I'm just sharing my opinion, but why nerf the nades when there are so many things changed about the game that diminishes its effectiveness already?

I didn't noticed it before, but are this drop-pods in the picture, that are leaving the Infinity?

Reminds me of the the 2nd Halo CE mission.
Find those drop-pods evacuate them. I hope we don't get a similiar mission.
What. What. What. What. What. If there is a mission like Halo, it will be perfect. Halo did everything right. It integrated the firefight system in the best way. It had this mystery why I am still a Halo fan. It had one of the best Warthog sequence. It defined Halo. At least for me. Why do you not want such a mission? Oh please, give me a mission like Halo. It does not have to be "Rescue the Marines" as its mission objective. But just give me a open-world-like mission.

I'd rather just reward good nade throwing. Rather than panic throwing in Reach that works too well.
People are going to throw grenade much more carefully since the grenades are so limited now. I hope it will result in "good nade throwing".

Has any one seen this?

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire...e-titles-join-list-of-2012s-most-anticipated/

Nielsen ranks the most anticipated games and halo 4 comes out on top even over black ops 2.
I quit. I cannot do this anymore. It is over. Another one can do the task now.

Has any one seen this?

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire...e-titles-join-list-of-2012s-most-anticipated/

Nielsen ranks the most anticipated games and halo 4 comes out on top even over black ops 2.

Honestly, while slightly shocking and completely dependent on the person its not without cause the call of duty brand has had a fair amount of negative press surrounding it along side franchises fatigue, I still think BO2 is going to pull insane numbers and more than Halo 4 on xbox but word around the technosphere is that H4 is Good and people like to get hyped.

Latest HaloGAF Radio is out for those who missed it last night.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40157568&postcount=18077

Listened to half earlier, good stuff.

Akai__

Has any one seen this?

Why are people so concerned about Halo beating CoD? Of course, it would be great for Halo 4, to get it's 1st place again, but I find it silly, to compare it every time to CoD...

Edit:

What. What. What. What. What. If there is a mission like Halo, it will be perfect. Halo did everything right. It integrated the firefight system in the best way. It had this mystery why I am still a Halo fan. It had one of the best Warthog sequence. It defined Halo. At least for me. Why do you not want such a mission? Oh please, give me a mission like Halo. It does not have to be "Rescue the Marines" as its mission objective. But just give me a open-world-like mission.

Maybe I expressed myself wrong. I like the mission a lot. I have similiar feelings to that mission. Landing on Halo and discovering it, was absolutely amazing.

I just don't want missions to be repetitive. That's all.
Because Reach's sniper mission did it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom