• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So wait, HaloGAF went through HBO folks, Waypoint Forum folks and now we're getting folks banned from the Xbox forums?

Bring back Merguson. And Nutter. And Numbers. And that nice gay dude.

I don't understand the reasoning behind a ban that lasts for that long.

I got banned because I was promoting an AATC site (Making fun of an ATC site that a forum user named Bogey was using). I got banned along with some other forum members (Ghost, Drag, Fire Wolf). And only for promoting that site in a couple of posts. And the funny thing is Drag and some other people got unbanned.

edit: This happened back in 07 on the xbox.com forums.

I was banned years ago too lol - How the heck did they get unbanned?? I actually tried messaging some mods and stuff about it.

Spec Ops: The Line is better than anticipated.

That's awesome news! Maybe I'll check it out cuz I was really interested when it was first announced.. The MP reveal seemed kind of dull to me at which point I lost interest.

How you guys manage to navigate Waypoint enough to get banned baffles me.

I'm glad they separated their forums with Xbox.com even though they use the same login (like Bungie did).

heckfu

Banned
This one's for Heckfu.

This was the guy who thought a shotgun might do damage across the width of Countdown.

I know I'm shooting like shit here (I was nervous, because I was completely without shields), but this guy showed me that no matter how badly I play, there will ALWAYS be people playing worse.

GG, Heck. ☺

http://files2.bungie.org/dv/longrange_shotgun_fail/

Hahaha, I wish you could've captured my laughter. I was doubled over that entire segment, but we both had good games tonight!

So wait, HaloGAF went through HBO folks, Waypoint Forum folks and now we're getting folks banned from the Xbox forums?

Bring back Merguson. And Nutter. And Numbers. And that nice gay dude.
Can I stay?

This one's for Heckfu.

This was the guy who thought a shotgun might do damage across the width of Countdown.

I know I'm shooting like shit here (I was nervous, because I was completely without shields), but this guy showed me that no matter how badly I play, there will ALWAYS be people playing worse.

GG, Heck. ☺

http://files2.bungie.org/dv/longrange_shotgun_fail/

Is that long range? RIP Halo shotgun, there was only one good one, and it was in CE.

This may sound odd, but would it hurt the vibe of Spartan Ops if it had soundtracks from the campaign (or seperate tracks for SpOps) being played differently in specific chapters per operation?

Gooooooood Games headlessbody!

Some tremendous learning experiences today!

At this point I'm just playing Reach to further lower my own personal bar for Halo 4. Congratulations 343: I haven't even played it yet and it's already a 95 on Bregacritic.

daedalius

Hey guys, I made this picture of... noble team fighting... uh, the flood!

Yeah.

inquis-lib-nids_nobledumb.jpg

Carter looks so heroic! And big! Maybe he got upgraded to a Spartan II...

Good night to the lovely HaloGaffers that stopped by to watch the Super Meat Boy stream tonight. I actually had lots of fun and it was fun chatting with those of you that stopped by!

I saw the one where she was answering fan questions.

She is genuinely very funny and witty.

Unlike 99 percent of the Internet.
Just watched it and I totally agree. She's pretty damn funny. Makes me wonder if she was entering the Justin Bieber contest ironically, because if she wasn't then she can't be my waifu.

True enough.
What exactly made it so much better? Tighter spread? I hated using the pistol in the beta because of the super light reticule.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Kind of hard to argue that X weapon in sometimes better than Y.

True enough.
Inside the pistol's usable range, it's just as good as a DMR, if not better. Faster RoF, same amount of damage. Pace your shots, it beats just about anything in CQB. A very versatile weapon.

Only thing I'd change is the magazine size. 12-15 rounds would be better. Still, that thing kicks some serious ass.

edit: dammit plywood, it is a good weapon

What exactly made it so much better? Tighter spread? I hated using the pistol in the beta because of the super light reticule.
Much much tighter spread, significantly less bloom, faster rate of fire, and I assume other technical aspects of the weapon alongside tighter spread made it a much more reliable weapon.
Inside the pistol's usable range, it's just as good as a DMR, if not better. Faster RoF, same amount of damage. Pace your shots, it beats just about anything in CQB. A very versatile weapon.

Only thing I'd change is the magazine size. 12-15 rounds would be better. Still, that thing kicks some serious ass.

edit: dammit plywood, it is a good weapon

It should be a good weapon, it was in the beta, but it was nerfed to hell and back. While other weapons like the AR because bullet magnetism machines, the Magnum became a very unreliable weapon. At points in development it was a good weapon (even with its mind bottling 8 rounds per clip), but they decided that fun was no good.

Much much tighter spread, significantly less bloom, faster rate of fire, and I assume other technical aspects of the weapon alongside tighter spread made it a much more reliable weapon.
Faster ROF, really? Did Bungie ever release an official change list from public Beta -> Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom