• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally got donged on yesterday, everyone better be on tonight so I can get revengeance

Yes, I'll bring Myyke along with me.

And did you really use the word revengeance? Why, why, WHY?

Halo Wars shouldn't have launched with a map pack for an already established more popular game. Everyone was playing Halo 3 the day it launched.

You better be on as well.

(although, a potential cog in the system is a friend of mine might be coming over, we'll see).

Ken

No, I got my nick-name from my german friends, because I did crazy things, years ago.

So, they started to call me crazy croatian (and they are still doing it), but this name was already used on XBL, so I decided to go with this. :)

Edit: GAF works again.

Disappointing.

I actually liked halo wars. Best rts on console so far. Awesome cut scenes too.

don-t-hurt-me-o.gif

Fuchsdh

I actually liked halo wars. Best rts on console so far. Awesome cut scenes too.

don-t-hurt-me-o.gif

Yeah, "console RTS" is pretty limiting but they did a good job with it--the controls are easy to pick up, main obstacle for me is the lack of easy ways to queue orders, meaning you have to babysit armies.

And surprisingly the population is pretty good--never issues getting a match in the basic 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 random/team hoppers--things like 2v2 reinforcement games never have population, but that just means its easier to get a group and grind XP for General...

(I need 960,000... I have 19,000.)

Akai__

And surprisingly the population is pretty good--never issues getting a match in the basic 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 random/team hoppers--things like 2v2 reinforcement games never have population, but that just means its easier to get a group and grind XP for General...

(I need 960,000... I have 19,000.)

You don't boost? One boosted games is 33600 points.

Gazzawa

I'll be on elzar. Just don't expect much. Im taking 2 scoops of jack3d today. The crash off that stuff is unreal. So my skillzzzz will be out the window. May as well give Bobsy a chance hahahaha curry 4 lyf

Louis Wu

Wouldn't Halo 4 be better? Maybe he doesn't have a take-home build?
So... if you're only supposed to play THE BEST game... how do you explain all the GAFfers who jump back and forth between Halo 3 and Reach? (That implies that Halo 4 is objectively better, at this stage, anyway - an unreasonable assumption, given that 1) it's not done, 2) even if he HAS a take-home build, the online population ain't gonna be very large, etc)

Isn't variety a GOOD thing, usually?

He posted that at 1:30am his time - he's clearly not on the clock any more. He can play whatever he wants, no?

What I don't get is that Bungie said before the beta that the pistol and DMR used the same bullets and so dealt the same amount of damage... but didn't they nerf the pistol after the beta?

But then as we can see in bleedthrough gametypes, the pistol dealt MORE damage than the DMR. Wat.

They said they used the same rounds but that doesn't make sense because you can't top up your DMR ammo by walking over a pistol and vice versa.

For hilarious Halo 3 BS soaked in Sudd goodness check out 28.35-31.00 and 40.50 of this video

http://www.twitch.tv/suddoth2/b/326040320

So... if you're only supposed to play THE BEST game... how do you explain all the GAFfers who jump back and forth between Halo 3 and Reach? (That implies that Halo 4 is objectively better, at this stage, anyway - an unreasonable assumption, given that 1) it's not done, 2) even if he HAS a take-home build, the online population ain't gonna be very large, etc)

He posted that at 1:30am his time - he's clearly not on the clock any more. He can play whatever he wants, no?
Another point can be that he wants to play with friends.

Karl2177

Nope. Only Halo 4. And is variety good when you're choosing between a steak dinner and the feces of someone else's steak dinner?
Hyperbole in full force. Reach isn't that bad.

So what you're saying is: Reach is a timeless classic and has infinite replay value?

No what im saying is lag is a powerful tool for the uninitiated, but now I that I am initiated I will be breaking backs.

And also we are not worthy to play the definitive halo experience.

Yes, I'll bring Myyke along with me.

And did you really use the word revengeance? Why, why, WHY?

You better be on as well.

(although, a potential cog in the system is a friend of mine might be coming over, we'll see).

I'm going to parody everything I see, especially when it's so comically bad. I will say though that some of you guys are crazy for hating on halo wars, game was pretty great, I'm sure a sequel would have been brilliant, for a first attempt with the IP they did well.

Doh: double post

Tawpgun

Multiplayer vidoc please. Explain the things you're doing in MP.

Also, do you think PAX will have the old E3 build or a new one?

Heads up - GAF going to be down a few hours today:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483642
That's 9:00am EST. About 30 minutes from now!

I don't know why EviLore didn't just post the time in Earth Standard Time.

What is your question? I don't understand why he can't enjoy Reach – if does – while making Halo 4. I mean, he could be working on Halo 4's campaign but he might have the itch to play The Ark again.

Edit: wwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuuu

PAX is pretty far away from E3, my guess is a different build with forge included showing off one new forge location aswell as 2 new maps some of the new weapons in MP (light rifle/rail gun) and some new AA's (Jetpack/Regen field.)

Maybe some more campaign footage aswell but i doubt that, The opening that Wu got to see would be the very most i expected.

I don't know why EviLore didn't just post the time in Earth Standard Time.

GMT is best T.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member

This pleases me..... and I'm gonna say new build, but only one additional map, and an introduction to OddBall :)

That's 9:00am EST. About 30 minutes from now!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What will I do for the first half of work! I'll have to..... work! *GASP*!

Overdoziz

Banned
I love the Reach Pistol... until you have to shoot multiple bullets in a row in which case the bloom goes apeshit and none of your bullets hit anything further than 3 feet away from you.

PAX is the next big gaming-related event in the USA. E3 is where press meets the new games, PAX is where people meet the new games. I'd bet candies that Prime goers will play a new built.
His last three tweets were all about different games (Reach, DayZ, Starcraft 2). Maybe he's just a gamer. :)
He can play all those games with friends. :) Yeah. Everyone is normal.

Tawpgun

Its sad that the beta pistol got nerfed. It sucks it doesn't have at least 2 kills per mag (the AR technically does)...

But im so fucking thankful it exists anyway. If you all recall, there existed a time prior to 2010 where you started with an AR and a slow ass, no zoom pistol.

On Last Resort.

Karl2177

Its sad that the beta pistol got nerfed. It sucks it doesn't have at least 2 kills per mag (the AR technically does)...

But im so fucking thankful it exists anyway. If you all recall, there existed a time prior to 2010 where you started with an AR and a slow ass, no zoom pistol.

On Last Resort.
What AR are you using? Mine takes 18 minimum. Which means it can get close to 2 kills. But we all want the beta pistol back. Just like we want the beta carbine back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom