• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

Good times this morning, Team Slayer on Countdown, go in solo and two of my teammates drop out.

So we Rambo'd the bad guys and beat em 50-26.

Okay my partner had 34 of our kills and a BPR 50 points higher than anyone else in the game.

Computron

I like these planned downtimes. Slows everything down.

We should have more downtime.

Maybe I should get a DDoS running....
KuGsj.gif

willow ve

I need slutpoison to make a new t-shirt:

"I Survived the Great GAF outage of 2012. Again."

It was hard getting through a day behind the desk with no knew HaloGAF to tide me over... not that we really have anything new to discuss anyway.

Good times this morning, Team Slayer on Countdown, go in solo and two of my teammates drop out.

So we Rambo'd the bad guys and beat em 50-26.

Okay my partner had 34 of our kills and a BPR 50 points higher than anyone else in the game.

Reach Trueskill matchmaking doing work!

Damn, HaloGAF has been real slow today. We're never going to hit OT7 at this rate.

Holy crap, we're almost to OT7 after three weeks.

Steelyuhas

Deputy Moonman

You guys are my heroes right now because of that Magnum/weapon balance convo. I feel like most of the people against the ideas you guys presented (the same way I feel too) just don't really understand those things.. For some reason, some people just can't see that balancing a weapon sandbox is way more successful if you buff the weaker aspects of the game to be on par with the stronger areas, instead of making the strong things (appear to be OP because of crappy weapons, etc.) weaker. Things become sooooo dull and boring fast when everything feels so weak..

Halo 3 man.. Anything outside of the BR range just don't even bother engaging unless you had a Sniper. That sort of weakness (what those people call balance) is what brings a game down.

Wow. That's.. ridiculous and fairly offensive to those at Ensemble who worked their asses off on it.

Yeh seriously.. Not to mention that Halo Wars was extremely competitive, very deep and fast paced once you got through the learning curve.

willow ve

Halo 3 man.. Anything outside of the BR range just don't even bother engaging unless you had a Sniper. That sort of weakness (what those people call balance) is what brings a game down.

In my opinion that was one of the beautiful aspects of Halo 3. It had the simple formula that you just presented. If you're outside of the BR range, and don't have a sniper, then don't engage. This simple formula keeps everyone on the same page and ensures encounters are held at a distance that is hopefully suitable to the map they are on and the team size that is playing. It also made sure everyone was moving around the map at all times (regardless of weapon spawns or pickups). The weakness of the BR - spread, travel time, etc., actually forced players and teams to move around the map.

ElRenoRaven

Well I can tell the site isn't working well on mobile. Tried to post 3 times and it didn't show up. on laptop now.

so I see we're back up. Anything interesting happen in down time? I really need to take my mind off shit right now. Was in a wreck on way to work this morning and lucky to be alive. However having taken an ambulance ride to the ER and now having a nice concussion and damn good whiplash, has kind of pissed me off and made my day boring.

Im going to be in Bristol this week. Sitting in on a mastering session with Neil, not to mention mastering the Halo 4 soundtrack, would be a dream and a great learning experience.
Dreamers can dream.
You too? Amazing! We are working on the track "Holographic love". Damn. Hardcore fans will love this cutscene and this track. When will you arrive?

Im going to be in Bristol this week. Sitting in on a mastering session with Neil, not to mention mastering the Halo 4 soundtrack, would be a dream and a great learning experience.
Dreamers can dream.

While mastering itself bores me (I hate overcompression and the whole "loudness war"), I would kill for an opportunity to be in the studio with Neil. I'm a composer and producer myself, and I've been trying to start a new track all day, but I'm absolutely drained of creativity and inspiration for some reason. Hangin' with Neil would totally get me back into action.

heckfu

Banned
While mastering itself bores me (I hate overcompression and the whole "loudness war"), I would kill for an opportunity to be in the studio with Neil. I'm a composer and producer myself, and I've been trying to start a new track all day, but I'm absolutely drained of creativity and inspiration for some reason. Hangin' with Neil would totally get me back into action.

"Everyone on gaf is a music producer"

In my opinion that was one of the beautiful aspects of Halo 3. It had the simple formula that you just presented. If you're outside of the BR range, and don't have a sniper, then don't engage. The weakness of the BR - spread, travel time, etc., actually forced players and teams to move around the map.

The problem though is that the BR is extremely inconsistent at anything more than like 30 feet.. That leads to incredibly stale gameplay that becomes old too quickly.

Also, quick question:
--If you spot someone who should be close enough to be killed, but isn't because the BR/other rifle is too weak, are you suggesting that you just leave them alone or go chasing after them? Cat and mouse? Again, I'm talking a distance like from the Shotgun on Avalanche to around the lift of the mancannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom