• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
I couldn't decide because probably the smybols are some kind of factions and I don't want to side up with one of them without knowing for what they stand in the game

Vire

483273_361293600608529_1283564882_n.jpg

Line for Halo 4. They need more demo kiosks!

DAT TRADITIONAL FIRST GAME OF THE DAY

firstgameofdayfeel.jpg

Also, chose prefer good connection but alas there are a mere 423 players in the so called 'super slayer' playlist and so I got three Americans, one Canadian, one Dutch, and the guy with the guest was UK. Kids were laughing as they merrily ate bullets.

Omni

I couldn't decide because probably the smybols are some kind of factions and I don't want to side up with one of them without knowing for what they stand in the game

Chances are you won't know about either "faction" for months... so it doesn't really matter.

Homeboyd

So any of you cats see Savages yet? (I know it came out yesterday) Went to see it last night. Great flick if you're into drugs, sex and violence. And who isn't amirite?!

Seriously though.. Enjoyed it.

IHaveIce

Banned
And chances are anyone who sees you wearing that shirt will never know what either faction is... so it doesn't really matter.

Good that I don't wear things for others to understand. :)

But yeah I can wait so I would buy the "labor rat" or the "aerospace" shirt.

First thing I thought of when you said chest xray was the facehuggers from aliens, hope one of those doesn't show up on the scan! All jokes aside though I hope your ok?

As far as Bungie day goes, that blurb on the site made me laugh, after Reach you wont be kicking anyone's ass lol. I am curious on what that picture at the bottom alludes to, and I wonder if anyone has redeemed they're code yet? Would be interesting to know what happens.

Thankfully, no Alien in my chest... yet. But seriously, that would be a great prank to do somehow.

Hope everything is okay bro

Hope everything is okay man!

Also, looking forward to hopefully seeing some bits of new footage from this RTX thing :p

Don't worry about it, hope all is well in the end.

Fascinating.

Thanks everyone, home now after a long morning, horrid sore throat, had to have a few breathing treatments but now Im at home, on meds and feeling better. Gonna rest and watch the Halo 4 panel. They put me on Vicodin for my throat pain, which may sound like overkill, but I have had both shingles and pancreatitus and this throat pain is wayy worse right now.

Ohhhhhhhhh. Cool. =)

FyreWulff

How does the booting system work in this game? I accidently betray someone about a minute into the game and I get booted.

In Reach, all non fatal damage is counted towards your potential to be booted. IM also sure that like Halo 2 and 3, this is also carried across games.

In Reach, all non fatal damage is counted towards your potential to be booted. IM also sure that like Halo 2 and 3, this is also carried across games.

Carried across games? Wut?

So anytime your damage a teammate, you are basically building an invisible meter in order to be booted, and it only resets when you actually get booted?

Omni

So anytime your damage a teammate, you are basically building an invisible meter in order to be booted, and it only resets when you actually get booted?

No.

If you betray ~3 people within a certain amount of games, they'll get the option to boot. If you stop betraying people for a few (10+) games, it'll "reset" and you can betray another three people without them getting the option.

Well that's what I've noticed anyway, and I don't get booted any more.

FyreWulff

Yep. Booting seems to reset or drop it, but there also seems to be a slow cool down component to it.

Halo 3 only counted betrayal kills.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
No.

If you betray ~3 people within a certain amount of games, they'll get the option to boot. If you stop betraying people for a few (10+) games, it'll "reset" and you can betray another three people without them getting the option.

Ehh, I don't think that's how it works. I've been booted for one betrayal in dozens and dozens of games.

No.

Yep. Booting seems to reset or drop it, but there also seems to be a slow cool down component to it.

Halo 3 only counted betrayal kills.

I don't know who there could be a slow down because I honestly can't remember the last time I betrayed someone.

Omni

Ehh, I don't think that's how it works. I've been booted for one betrayal in dozens and dozens of games.

Mmm, well I don't know then. In my experience by not betraying more than 3 people within a couple of games, I never get booted. But I guess I could be lucky?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'll get bertrayed multiple times with no boot option, yet when I accidentally hit someone with a ghost I get booted after one. I wish there was a smart AI system to booting that would be able to tell how you betrayed someone and decipher if it was malicious.

Akai__

I don't think i have ever been booted for betrayals in Reach ever and i've played it a lot.

I don't always get booted for betrayals, but when I do, it was always because I accidently killed my teammate with a rocket, snipe, etc.

Last time, when I quitted in order to play with Moa, Coca Mola and some other guys, I got a quit ban, but I never quit in Reach, because I don't care about my K/D anymore.

The system in Reach is laughable, sorry, but other games are handling it pretty well...

neoism

got betrayed 3 times before and betray once back boot a lot of times..... the betray system has been dog shit since it was an option.

Omni

So you betray people on purpose but stop before you get booted?

No. If someone on my team is being a dick during the game and is trying to kill me for no reason, I've learnt that I can betray them more times then they can betray me before I get the option to boot.

That's the only reason I know.

I don't always get booted for betrayals, but when I do, it was always because I accidently killed my teammate with a rocket, snipe, etc.

Last time, when I quitted in order to play with Moa, Coca Mola and some other guys, I got a quit ban, but I never quit in Reach, because I don't care about my K/D anymore.

The system in Reach is laughable, sorry, but other games are handling it pretty well...

The most annoying one is when a dude gets mad that you got the tank first, so he stands in front of the gun on the tank so when you fire you betray him.

also, if someone betrays me (on purpose) and i don't get to boot them. i'll stop what i'm doing and hassle the guy the rest of the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks everyone, home now after a long morning, horrid sore throat, had to have a few breathing treatments but now Im at home, on meds and feeling better. Gonna rest and watch the Halo 4 panel. They put me on Vicodin for my throat pain, which may sound like overkill, but I have had both shingles and pancreatitus and this throat pain is wayy worse right now.
Just noticed this post. Glad you're home and have lots of pain killers at your disposal. That sounds really terrible. :-(

Akai__

10 more minutes until mind-blowing, I hope.

That RvB video was some crazy stuff.

Edit:

The most annoying one is when a dude gets mad that you got the tank first, so he stands in front of the gun on the tank so when you fire you betray him.

also, if someone betrays me (on purpose) and i don't get to boot them. i'll stop what i'm doing and hassle the guy the rest of the game.

Yeah, or people who throw 2 stuck nades on the Wraith and you die... I really don't betray people on purpose, but when I betray people on accident, I always get booted. It's just not fun and it's unfair. :(
Betrayals of past games shouldn't count, unless you have hundreds of them....

Edit 2: The funny thing is, when somebody is booting you(the best player) and then get a message, that they have lost the game, because you were so bad. Like seriously? They even saw, that it was unintended and they kick me and then they complain about losing? Can't understand those people. It's like they haven't a brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom