• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decisions, decisions....

Depending on when my classes are the next day, I may attempt to marathon campaign. Although I think that would dilute the effect campaign is supposed to have.
I'm planning to pull an all nightier the night before (why bother even trying to sleep with that anticipation).
Then stay up the next day as long as I can (~1pm), sleep until 10:45, head out to GameStop.
Play Halo 4 energized, all night, all day. Pass out around 11pm next day, sleep cycle restored.
Winning.

P.S guys, 4 months.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Forge better not contain spoilers! Same for multiplayer. Don't know if I can get through all of campaign without succumbing to matchmaking for awhile :/
I won't have that problem. I'm gonna burn through that campaign like... like something that's on fire... Or am I the one on fire? Yeah, I'm on fire, and I'm gonna burn through the campaign.

Then MP for forever, and Spartan Ops every week with my IRL BFF.

I'm planning to pull an all mightier the night before (why bother even trying to sleep with that anticipation).
Then stay up the next day as long as I can (~1pm), sleep until 10:45, head out to GameStop.
Play Halo 4 energized, all night, all day. Pass out around 11pm next day, sleep cycle restored.
Winning.

P.S guys, 4 months.
I'm gonna go to bed early on the 5th, get up and run to the store first thing in the morning and pick up my pre-order, then play ALL DAY LONG, hopefully beating the campaign Day One. Then MP!

+ 10 surprise at that Forge reveal

Would love to hear the logic in the colour scheme whether it be final or what they just chose for the reveal.

+ 50 really cool impressions
+ 20 what is going on with that UI

Fracas

#fuckonami
I can't wait til people start playing their copies. Wonder if it'll be like Reach, where a lot of people thought campaign was the best in the series, but eventually came to hate it.

Even more curious about how people react to MP. In my experience with Reach, I honestly thought its multiplayer was the best in the series, for a few months. Nowadays, I don't even know how I played vanilla Reach.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Even more curious about how people react to MP. In my experience with Reach, I honestly thought its multiplayer was the best in the series, for a few months. Nowadays, I don't even know how I played vanilla Reach.
I can't even watch old gameplay clips of vanilla Reach without being disgusted. Seriously! I was trying to watch some old clips I had saved on my Xbox, and it was painful.

IHaveIce

Banned
haha i know when im not wanted :3 i tried joining a group to get in some reach games tonight and got yelled at. i don't normally jump into parties without asking, but monsterfracas had sent me an invite so i clicked on it. as soon as i entered i hear '"LEAVE" from what sounded like everyone. rofl i backed out as quickly as i could. maybe next time.

I don't think anybody said that to you haha.

Fracas how long did you go on?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I can't even watch old gameplay clips of vanilla Reach without being disgusted. Seriously! I was trying to watch some old clips I had saved on my Xbox, and it was painful.

Oh man, I have some saved from awhile ago. Might go watch some, those were in my scrubbier days too.

Vanilla Reach is so bad. Even TU with Armor Lock is horrible.
On a semi-related note, I wish things like bloom and bleedthrough were options in customs. Although apparently that was something unfeasible to add with the TU. Still would've been nice. Could've trolled randoms by inviting them into my 500% bloom, armor lock only matches on Uncaged.

I don't think anybody said that to you haha.

Fracas how long did you go on?
Not too late. Didn't really keep track of time, probably like 11 CST? Not sure

Seance

Banned
I played the hell out of Reach for the first 12 months, but i've barely touched it this year. Can't see myself playing it after Halo4 comes out.

Damn, I can't wait for the days when Reach bk's play Halo4 and put Reach up on dat pedestal
fucking lol

IHaveIce

Banned
Could've trolled randoms by inviting them into my 500% bloom, armor lock only matches on Uncaged.

Not too late. Didn't really keep track of time, probably like 11 CST? Not sure

God this sounds like the most disgusting thing ever created as a custom game.

11 CST damn ha, I had to go up in 1 and a half hour after I left.

FyreWulff

Well, just finished the hellbuild and now I have a full computer to type from that is mine.

Old computer back in the states:

2GB RAM
GeForce 7800 GT w/ 256MB
AMD Athlon 4200+ 2-core @ 2.0 ghz

New computer that I'm typing from right now:

16GB RAM
AMD FX-8150 8-Core at 3.6Ghz
GeForce GTX 670 w/ 2GB GDDR5

I'll do my writeup on the Forge reveal after I get some damn sleep :lol

ZXVbn.png

dat zune interface

JonCha

As a quick reminder: Team Computron vs Team JonCha is happening today, at 9PM GMT. Try to be online around 15 minutes before we start.

If you can't make it, PM on here or XBL (itsjoncharles). If that happens we'll try and sort out a 3v3 to keep things as fair as possible.

Edit: and on the UI, is it that bad? Reach's was basically perfection, but it looks functional at least.

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
UNKNOWN
What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
UNKNOWN
At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
UNKNOWN
For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
UNKNOWN
What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
UNKNOWN
Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
UNKNOWN
AR or BR?
UNKNOWN
Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
UNKNOWN
Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
UNKNOWN
Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
UNKNOWN
Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
UNKNOWN
Games completed on solo Legendary.
UNKNOWN
Are you UNKNOWN? UNKNOWN?
UNKNOWN
What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
UNKNOWN
Favorite Reach playlists.
UNKNOWN
Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
UNKNOWN
Opinion on reticule bloom.
UNKNOWN
Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
UNKNOWN
Why are you a Halo fan?
UNKNOWN
Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides UNKNOWN). (optional)
UNKNOWN
Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
UNKNOWN

--idk if this is the standard format or ironically I was activated when I quote-tested a newly activated junior--

Well now that that's over.. The name's UNKNOWN iXi - Here's a few interesting tidbits about myself:

• Been playing Halo competitively AND for fun since 2001. To me, nothing will ever beat playing with such a tightly knit community (as in everyone knew each other because yes, there was ALWAYS beef) on XBC. I still even have TONS of pictures of games with now-known people like TSquared and Gandhi from the XBC days, so I guess you can say I grew up with all Halo mentalities. By that I mean I have a deep understanding of competitive Halo, so don't let my Reach/Halo 3 stats fool you because I never cared about K/D ratios in those games (well a little Halo 3 when I was still naive in hoping that it would be as competitive as Halo 1 after Halo 2's drastic formula change (for better AND worse)). Me and my partner (MonGoLoiD iXi) were -humbly stating- one of the better 2v2 teams online next to the OGRES and a few other teams, sad thing is though that I never had time for tourneys because of how seriously I played baseball.
    -------Come Halo 2, many of the average/sub-par Halo 1 players became pros because of how easy it was and tons of new people hopped on. Many people tend to forget how drastic of a change Halo 2 was from Halo 1, and I find it quite frightening to see so many people (mainly on Waypoint/Bungie Forums before I started lurking here) to praise Halo 3 as the best Halo lol.. I could go on and on about this kinda stuff, but I see I'm blabbering about nonsense so let me stop myself.
    -------PS - I know some of the aforementioned info may make me seem arrogant, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm actually quite the sexy, handsome, down-to-earth, sociable, lovable, friendly, sexy type of dude your sistsers NEED in their lives, so if I come off wrong I'm sorry but it's not like I give a -beep boop-
    lol seriously though, I keed I keed
  • Seeing the evolution of Halo over the years to where it is today always has me excited for tomorrow!
  • Halo, to me, is one of 2 franchises that are always my go-to games (the other being Smash! Smash 64 on kaillera anyone?!).
  • If you've read this far, then you have my thanks ;] If not, then.. Frankie if you read this sneakily placed comment, give me a shout out!
    <4
    ..and yes, that <4 was intentional
  • I was actually going to make a list of you people I've been lurking these past couple months with some impressions, but I was activated a lot sooner than I expected lol so nvm that :] One thing I will say though is that some of you people are HILARIOUS! Shout out to the MO-FUGGIN-WOLFPACK!
    tumblr_lyogx61O4v1r4zr2vo1_500.gif

I figured I'll end this post now and walk away slowly... right to my bed where ima watch some more Halo vids on either Waypoint or YouTube while I pass out ;] So without further adieu:

UNKNOWN says good night :] and I leave you with this since I'm still on my Spidey-high (New Spidey was even better the 2nd time! Some misplaced compositions IMO and maybe a little too dramatic with the audio in some parts, but definitely a legit origin story even with all the questions waiting to be answered for the second movie).

spidey-meme-butterfly.jpg

inb4JuniorJokes

Seance

Banned
  • Been playing Halo competitively AND for fun since 2001. To me, nothing will ever beat playing with such a tightly knit community (as in everyone knew each other because yes, there was ALWAYS beef) on XBC. I still even have TONS of pictures of games with now-known people like TSquared and Gandhi from the XBC days, so I guess you can say I grew up with all Halo mentalities. By that I mean I have a deep understanding of competitive Halo, so don't let my Reach/Halo 3 stats fool you because I never cared about K/D ratios in those games (well a little Halo 3 when I was still naive in hoping that it would be as competitive as Halo 1 after Halo 2's drastic formula change (for better AND worse)). Me and my partner (MonGoLoiD iXi) were -humbly stating- one of the better 2v2 teams online next to the OGRES and a few other teams, sad thing is though that I never had time for tourneys because of how seriously I played baseball.
    -------Come Halo 2, many of the average/sub-par Halo 1 players became pros because of how easy it was and tons of new people hopped on.

• Oh......
    k?

Guys I just woke up and Forge is still gray, what's going on.

Jeez, it really hit you hard didnt it.

Like i said give it some time. If you still feel the same way after the last 2 enviroments have been revealed and we get some decent quality direct feed video then fine you can rage into oblivion and ill follow you but so far we have only seen what looks to be the successor to forge world.

Wait it out something may still surprise you.

Overdoziz

Banned
Jeez, it really hit you hard didnt it.

Like i said give it some time. If you still feel the same way after the last 2 enviroments have been revealed and we get some decent quality direct feed video then fine you can rage into oblivion and ill follow you but so far we have only seen what looks to be the successor to forge world.

Wait it out something may still surprise you.
They have 3 environments, they show us the one that looks like Forge World and show us more gray objects. I don't get it. The biggest complaint from people who played Forge maps in Reach was the fact that they all look the same and now they show us even more of the same. Why would you do that?

so we've moved from charlie chaplin to gears of war, which is technically an evolution.

Its more Battlefield BC2 + Haven

They have 3 environments, they show us the one that looks like Forge World and show us more gray objects. I don't get it. The biggest complaint from people who played Forge maps in Reach was the fact that they all look the same and now they show us even more of the same. Why would you do that?

My guess and this is only a guess is that the other 2 enviroments are so wildly different from Forge World 2.0 that they are still very much WIP and they wanted to show something more complete to the RTX crowd.

I could be wrong and they could just be Green+Grey 2 more times but im willing to hold off until i have all the facts.

TheOddOne

Aren't you jumping to conclusions that all the maps from now on will be grey? I get your point, but stop acting like a little baby that needs to be pandered to.

Even with they enviroment they showed off, it showed a huge improvement which of cource gets undermined because of "Look at all that grey hurr durr".

Blueblur1

That user interface looks like it was made for a touch screen, not a controller. It is by far the worst UI a Halo game has had. All they had to do was move over the same style of UI that Reach had along with the Active Roster. They can bring back Sprint and shitty Armor Abilities but they can't copy decent UI design? If Dave Candland were dead, God forbid, he'd be spinning in his grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom