• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Yep. Reach's challenges were pretty good on paper but at the end they lack on variety. If 343i manages to fix this problem, I expect great things.
I think the most important thing they can do is design the Challenge system to be dynamic, rather than based off fixed templates that are on disc. A strucuture that lets 343 build Challenges from a host of variables (i.e., mode, goal, parameter 1, parameter 2, parameter 3, reward) that can be updated, experimented with and even pushed to the user end (custom Challenges) are my pipe dream hopes for the system.

:D

Vire

What gun is that on his thigh? I think it's the SMG.

Does kinda look like an SMG...

Blown Up:

MUP0Q.png

Forerunner SMG?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
now that forge has been revealed, any chance we'll get a waypoint write up going into more detail soon?

Vire

So..how many weapons are there left to be revealed?

I'd wager about 5 or so, the Microsoft Expert Zone survey mentioned that there would be 10 new weapons.

We know of:

Storm Rifle
Sticky Detonator
Light Rifle
Scattershot
Railgun (Yet to be seen in-game)

+ This new gun we just found out. ;)

Because that was what was ready in time for our biggest machinima community 's big event?

E3 Build had specific differences in terms of assassination when comparing Campaign and Spartan Ops.

You'll notice the Chief doesn't perform any animation assassinations against Promethean Knights, but instead forces you into a "Brawl Mode" < Fight Club = Awesome.

Havok

Does kinda look like an SMG...

Blown Up:

http://i.imgur.com/MUP0Q.png[IMG]

Forerunner SMG?[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a pre-formed Scattershot. We've never gotten a clear look at it before it goes all space wizard and fits together.

I think the most important thing they can do is design the Challenge system to be dynamic, rather than based off fixed templates that are on disc. A strucuture that lets 343 build Challenges from a host of variables (i.e., mode, goal, parameter 1, parameter 2, parameter 3, reward) that can be updated, experimented with and even pushed to the user end (custom Challenges) are my pipe dream hopes for the system.

:D

I still remember the Katanarama Challenge (kill 4 enemies with the sword in firefight)It was a nightmare because in that time there wasnt elites drops in firefight, then Bungie make they the playlist more easier and the challenges become more generic.

kylej

Banned
You would. hahaha

But really, I don't see what 343 is doing with this lobby.
Halo 2:
959261-270952608_large.jpg

Halo 3:
1180503848.jpg

ODST:
lobby.jpg

Halo: Reach
Halo-Reach----Personalize-Your-Game-Lobby-Nameplates.jpg

And now this?
B2RPu.png

This style UI has been copied many times simply because it works.
Modern Warfare:
0.jpg

Gears of War:
7343d1315649597-gears-war-3-discussion-leaks-pre-orders-menu.jpg

I still can't get over that Halo 4 UI. It's so inefficient and such a step backwards from Bungie's work. I don't get it.

Ugh(2).gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
like has been mentioned earlier (and overlooked?), couldnt this

just be the custom games UI with the matchmaking UI being vastly different? the UI seen here would be more intuitive and easier to set up games; map, mode, customize all accessible and taking up the majority of the screen real estate.

m23

The main things I'm really looking forward to at Comic Con in terms of Halo stuff is the panel with Greg Bear. I'm re-reading Primordium right now, hopefully we get some hints at the next book. So hyped for that. Also seeing as Thursday War will be released before Halo 4, I'm interested in what Karen Traviss has to say. Glasslands was a pretty okay book too.

Also a full FUD trailer is going to be awesome. And any Halo 4 campaign stuff will be great as well.

Aside from Halo, Game of Thrones and Dexter panels......can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nNQVvYQs7dY#!

Some off screen footage of Adrift played by a guy using AR. I lol'd at the part where the Spartan came up to him.

Overdoziz

Banned
Because that was what was ready in time for our biggest machinima community 's big event?
I honestly would've preferred if you guys waited until a new environment (and palette) was ready so you guys could show how you solved the issue of all Forge maps looking the same. Showing how you can change the color of the objects wouldn't have hurt either. It just seems incredibly weird to say "hey, we've got new awesome environments for Forge!" and then show off something that looks practically the same as Reach's Forge aside from the dynamic lighting. Why there even is an environment that looks like FW is beyond me.

kylej

Banned
It just seems incredibly weird that we can select which color we want for different parts of our spartan, but we can't use that same color selector for Forge pieces.

like has been mentioned earlier (and overlooked?), couldnt this

just be the custom games UI with the matchmaking UI being vastly different? the UI seen here would be more intuitive and easier to set up games; map, mode, customize all accessible and taking up the majority of the screen real estate.

Doubtful. I imagine that the big tiles on the custom game screen will be our voting options in mm with all of the players at the bottom.

Plus, having two different UIs would break the uniform look of all of the menus and it makes sense to share as many resources as possible instead of creating new ones.

Overdoziz

Banned
It just seems incredibly weird that we can select which color we want for different parts of our spartan, but we can't use that same color selector for Forge pieces.
I really wish we could just change the color of the entire object, yes. Have a primary and secondary color for each object.
Not unlike Trials Evo's editor

Arnie

I still can't get over that Halo 4 UI. It's so inefficient and such a step backwards from Bungie's work. I don't get it.

Last time I pointed that out during E3 I had a bunch of crybabies in denial mode attacking me. It really is a huge step back, from the layout, to the font, to the entire setup.

EvB

I wonder if you can still place the red/blue light spheres in Forge... will they be baked into the lighting and cast shadows?

I don't see why not, if they have managed to get it to render the lighting and shadows for the actuall environment lighting, I can't see why they couldn't do it for user placed lighting. I'd imagine there would be a proper backlash if you couldn't too

Overdoziz

Banned
I wonder if you can still place the red/blue light spheres in Forge... will they be baked into the lighting and cast shadows?
From what I understand the shadows aren't really dynamic but just baked it for one light source (the sun). So I'm guessing other lights won't cast shadows. Could be wrong, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom