• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonCha

Even Reach's grey landscapes would look so much better with proper lighting and shadows. This alone will make the maps more appealing and have more visual variety.

So, what happens if you make a totally enclosed space? How much light will there be? Is the place black, or just bathed in shadows? Can we add our own light sources for indoor maps?

Agreed.

And great video by Bravo. Haven't watched the other two because the players are struggling.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I was looking at the E3 MLG gameplay video on WayPoint and what I love the most about the HUD is the new visual feedback when you get hit by a weapon..so easy to find where your getting shot at. I really hope this do not change for the final version.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Thats cool. I'm also a .mil thats been doing bjj/grappling on off for quite some time.

Then you should know you never wrap your legs around the front of someone's waist. It's more about getting over/control of the hips and gaining dominant position by controlling the hips/legs (when that's what your hooking). Obviously that's not talking about various other hooks and sweeps.

Wtf is a .mil anyway? Is that a "new geeky" way of saying military?

Anyway, if you watch the first few frames of that animation it looks like his legs go in front of the victims legs, then clip back through the back. Admittedly though, it's hard to tell exactly what's going on. Someone pointed out he's stabbing the guy, which when you look closer it could be.

CyReN

More impressions from someone at RTX:

Played a 6v6 infinity slayer on longbow. Got to use the sniper and it is awesome. It definitely takes more skill than the reach sniper and you should see a lot more people quick scoping because it's really hard to no scope. The dmr is better at range than the br but the br is still a viable option esp if you're. Team shooting. I'd say the spread is a little less than the h3 spread.

Reemphasizing what given said, the strafe and overall movement is awesome. I was getting kills while 1-2 shots down simply by out strafing the other person. This game is already better than reach.

And another thing, pv isn't as op on a larger map like longbow, but it's still the best, just not by far.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This is why my post count dropped considerably on that site. People were so quick to praise and hated seeing criticism. The fact that people said it doesn't matter since it's just a map editor was laughable since Forge maps became huge in MM.
I went on a many mini-rant over Reach's Forge 2.0 on this site and everyone was like "calm down plybro, it's Good Enough™."

Ryaaan14

Banned
A bit late, because i had almost 2000 posts to read (you guys talk too much), but...

4QIpU.gif

I went on a many mini-rant over Reach's Forge 2.0 on this site and everyone was like "calm down plybro, it's Good Enough™."

Good God, reading posts on Bnet makes me remember how much I hated people on there.

Why is it that every time something new and absolutely amazing is revealed, half the community has to look for something to complain about? I honestly don't get it. I haven't complained about a damn thing that Bungie's told us yet. The game is fantastic, and if you don't like it, GTFO.
Forge is for editing a map, not for playing games in. You make your map in forge, then play it in Custom games. Complaining about lack of real time dynamic shadows in Forge is pretty lame really.
smh.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Good God, reading posts on Bnet makes me remember how much I hated people on there.

Ignorance, pure ignorance I tell ya.

News flash, official forums are always garbage. There's a reason devs come to places like NeoGAF or back a while IGN for feedback/interaction.

No, there are 10 maps in the game.

They said 10 maps yeh, but 3 of those are Forge World type of maps, so essentially that leaves us with 7 regular maps. So far we know of:

1. Haven
  2. Adrift
  3. Longbow
  4. Forge map 1
  5. Forge map 2
  6. Forge map 3

I'm hoping one of those Forge maps will be set in a snow region and hopefully NO sand maps! They're so dull and boring IMO. Honestly, they should just have CA working on all the maps while 343 does the rest of the game. I don't think we've had truly HIGH QUALITY and memorable maps since Halo 2.. Needs moar maps!

Speaking of which, hopefully more people will buy the Limited Edition that comes with the maps so more people will play on them when they get released instead of the ghost towns we're used to.

Overdoziz

Banned
They said 10 maps yeh, but 3 of those are Forge World type of maps, so essentially that leaves us with 7 regular maps. So far we know of:

1. Haven
  2. Adrift
  3. Longbow
  4. Forge map 1
  5. Forge map 2
  6. Forge map 3

I'm hoping one of those Forge maps will be set in a snow region and hopefully NO sand maps! They're so dull and boring IMO.
Franke O'donnel already confirmed that the 10 maps mentioned do not include the Forge environments.

1. Haven
  2. Adrift
  3. Longbow
  4. Forge map 1
  5. Forge map 2
  6. Forge map 3

I'm hoping one of those Forge maps will be set in a snow region and hopefully NO sand maps! They're so dull and boring IMO.

No no no, 10 multiplayer maps, 3 Forge locations, as in themes.

1. Haven
  2. Adrift
  3. Longbow
  4. Forge map 1
  5. Forge map 2
  6. Forge map 3

The Forge areas are just Forge environments, not maps for competitive MP. There are 10 developer made, non-forge MP maps in the game.

And there are 3 forge maps. So we can assume there are at LEAST 3 extra maps. So at least 13 total
They're not maps though, just areas to Forge in. There is only 10 multiplayer maps. As for as we can tell, it looks like 343 isn't trying to pass of shitty forge variants as maps as their maps on the disc.

Woorloog

Banned

1. Haven
  2. Adrift
  3. Longbow
  4. Forge map 1
  5. Forge map 2
  6. Forge map 3

vvv
Stinkles said that there are 10 maps, excluding Forge maps.

No need to worry.

JHall

I agree, but I think it helps build a balance for lower skilled players against more experianced players. Getting knocked-out-of-scope can be.. irritating at times. Having this formula seems it can improve the players focus and skill.

I'm going to have to disagree here. It doesn't help build a balance, it builds randomness in long range firefights due to your aim jumping up, down, or side-to-side. It should come down to who has better aim and reflexes. Not about who got lucky because their aim jumped up when being shot and that reticle movement resulted in that person getting a headshot when he or she wasn't aiming there.

This mechanic only works with games that involve ADS (aim down sight) and extremely quick kill times like seen in CoD or Battlefield. Because of the pinpoint accuracy that ADS brings. The players aim jumping around randomly when being shot at helps counter the accuracy that ADS brings to the game,

CyReN

1. Haven
  2. Adrift
  3. Longbow
  4. Forge map 1
  5. Forge map 2
  6. Forge map 3

about that

Launch Maps

Halo 1 - 13
Halo 2 - 12
Halo 3 - 11
Halo Reach - 9 (includes Forge World as 1)
Halo 4 - 13 (includes 3 environments)

I'm happy.

Karl2177

I'm going to have to disagree here. It doesn't help build a balance, it builds randomness in long range firefights due to your aim jumping up, down, or side-to-side. It should come down to who has better aim and reflexes. Not about who got lucky because their aim jumped up when being shot and that reticle movement resulted in that person getting a headshot when he or she wasn't aiming there.

This mechanic only works with games that involve ADS (aim down sight) and extremely quick kill times like seen in CoD or Battlefield. Because of the pinpoint accuracy that ADS brings. The players aim jumping around randomly when being shot at helps counter the accuracy that ADS brings to the game,

i dont even

The fact that they added flinch on top of not getting knocked out of scope just boggles my mind.

Why the hell would i want my shots to not go where i aim them while in scope, instead of them going where i aim them but being knocked out of scope?

It just makes no sense.

heckfu

Banned

1. Haven
  2. Adrift
  3. Longbow
  4. Forge map 1
  5. Forge map 2
  6. Forge map 3

I'm hoping one of those Forge maps will be set in a snow region and hopefully NO sand maps! They're so dull and boring IMO. Honestly, they should just have CA working on all the maps while 343 does the rest of the game. I don't think we've had truly HIGH QUALITY and memorable maps since Halo 2.. Needs moar maps!

Speaking of which, hopefully more people will buy the Limited Edition that comes with the maps so more people will play on them when they get released instead of the ghost towns we're used to.
Womp Womp false

Ok, Im back... and read through the 20 pages i missed lol. Good Games last night guys, sorry i had to back out abruptly. man i was playing terribly yesterday. the first few MLG games were awful, i also dislike mlg sanctuary, i just couldn't do good on it. finally had a great game on mlg the pit though, i love that map.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
The fact that they added flinch on top of not getting knocked out of scope just boggles my mind.

Why the hell would i want my shots to not go where i aim them while in scope, instead of them going where i aim them but being knocked out of scope?

It just makes no sense.

This makes no sense.

CyReN

shzlss from THC talked to Frankie about ranks.

Just talked to frank about a ranking system and he said we'll see something before the release date and the ranking system they'll have won't be visible to other players. It should be visible to you, but only you. He said that they are trying to prevent cheating but still have a ranking system to find matches but the bragging rights because it promotes more cheating

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok, Im back... and read through the 20 pages i missed lol. Good Games last night guys, sorry i had to back out abruptly. man i was playing terribly yesterday. the first few MLG games were awful, i also dislike mlg sanctuary, i just couldn't do good on it. finally had a great game on mlg the pit though, i love that map.

haha I felt ABSOLUTELY the same but was fun, should we do again.

@rank: sounds confusing.

JonCha

Can't you just get around the privacy by telling other people what your rank is? Sounds like a decent compromise, but hardly the prevention to cheating we want.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Ahh that's a bummer. As long as matchmaking does its job though I'm sure it will be ok. I just used to like seeing my number rank go up. Hitting that 50 game in MLG was so awesome. Huge relief and payoff for the hours of ass kicking.

Franke O'donnel already confirmed that the 10 maps mentioned do not include the Forge environments.

I thought when he said that he meant it wouldn't be like Halo Reach that there were only a handful of maps and like 5 Forge World maps so Bungie could say 14 maps day one? Not counting individually made Forge maps, but counting the maps themselves as maps?

So essentially we're getting 13 individually distinct playspaces? If so, color me excited :D

Halo 1: 13 maps
Halo 2: 12 maps
Halo 3: 11 maps
Reach: 9 maps (including Forge World)
Halo 4: 13 maps (including Forge maps)

iHappy

EDIT

about that

Launch Maps

Halo 1 - 13
Halo 2 - 12
Halo 3 - 11
Halo Reach - 9 (includes Forge World as 1)
Halo 4 - 13 (includes 3 environments)

I'm happy.

We just posted the same thing lol.. Quite the scary coinkidink :b Thanks though!

so basically no ranking system just tighter trueskill with reach's system and spartan points.

sigh

edit: not to mention people are going to boost even more now since you need to unlock weapons to use them in your own custom loadouts. but at least people wont sell accounts that have all weapons and perks unloc...oops

Karl2177

My point is flinching adds randomness, which isn't good at all.

The old way worked perfectly fine, get shot and get knocked out of scope. It throws your aim off anyway. There was absolutely no reason to change it.

I am so confused now. Was knocking out of scope not the initial discussion? Don't know where the hell flinching came in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom