• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yea, few small annoyances nothing major. BF3 is good. Badly managed but a fun game.

Still a custom game browser for Halo really seems like a bad idea. Jump into elzar's lobby if you need proof that the community likes to play shit.
But that's the great thing, you can filter what terrible shit you want to play. Or you can just go into MM for a more consistent experience.

Conor 419

Banned
Granted Halo 3 reach 10 million after 3 years and Reach has done 7 million in 2 years.

Now look at how Xbox live has changed. Call of duty has seen a huge boost in the period between those to games and virtually every title has seen a hit in the player base because of it.

Couple this with the fact that Reach is regarded by many as the worst multiplayer title and the negative reception it received because of this.

But Conor please tell me more about how ODST hurt the halo brand.

Actually, if Microsoft themselves are to be believed, Halo 3 did more in three months than Halo Reach did in two years.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ms-177-million-360s-sold-6184291

So this means Halo 3 sold 8 times faster than Halo:Reach did across the same period if your Halo:Reach sales are accurate. Eight times faster. Halo ODST and Reach have both done extremely poorly compared to Halo 3, they have both caused damage to the Halo brand. There is no reason to believe this series couldn't have expanded beyond Halo 3, and the reason it didn't was because ODST was overpriced, lacked multiplayer and wasn't well reviewed compared to the others.

A friend of mine said yesterday words to the effect of the Halo brans is in the shitter. He said ODST sucked, and Halo 4 is the same game.

el oh el.

my friends say the same thing, except every single one of them will be playing Halo 4 on November 6th.

K9RQh.gif

neoism

Granted Halo 3 reach 10 million after 3 years and Reach has done 7 million in 2 years.

Now look at how Xbox live has changed. Call of duty has seen a huge boost in the period between those to games and virtually every title has seen a hit in the player base because of it.

Couple this with the fact that Reach is regarded by many as the worst multiplayer title and the negative reception it received because of this.

But Conor please tell me more about how ODST hurt the halo brand.

Halo has hurt the brand more than anything, not any particular game. They shit'em out too close to one another. All of them are great shooter's most people don't think about this but One major factor in Reach not selling more is because Chief wasn't in it. Any Halo game with him in it was always sell more not because its good or bad.

Actually, if Microsoft themselves are to be believed, Halo 3 did more in three months than Halo Reach did in two years.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ms-177-million-360s-sold-6184291

So this means Halo 3 sold 8 times faster than Halo:Reach did across the same period if your Halo:Reach sales are accurate. Eight times faster. Halo ODST and Reach have both done extremely poorly compared to Halo 3, they have both caused damage to the Halo brand. There is no reason to believe this series couldn't have expanded beyond Halo 3, and the reason it didn't was because ODST was overpriced, lacked multiplayer and wasn't well reviewed compared to the others.

If true that means halo 3 has only shipped 2 million units in 4 years.

So take into account the marketing of Halo 3
The hype surround Halo 3
The way Xbox live has evolved since its launch (call of duty)
The lack of the series iconic hero in Halo Reach
The bad reception to Halo Reach

7 million sales for reach is still impressive and alludes to the fact that the brand is still very strong.

IHaveIce

Banned
Because they were priced equally. That is a completely reasonable comparison for a consumer to make. I think your post further shows the damage caused by ODST.

wait.. Halo 3 and ODST weren't priced equally.
I can only talk about Germany and some UK shops but while Halo 3 was 69.99 € at launch, ODST was 49.99€

Conor 419

Banned
If true that means halo 3 has only shipped 2 million units in 4 years.

What on Earth are you talking about!!!!??????

Edit - I see, sorry. Do you have the 10 million figure? I'd like to see when that milestone was reached.

I can only talk about Germany and some UK shops but while Halo 3 was 69.99 € at launch, ODST was 49.99€

It was priced equally, I remember buying it full price on launch.

Halo Italy

Neo Member
wait.. Halo 3 and ODST weren't priced equally.

halo ODST edition basic here in ITALY cost 49,90 EURO
the limited 79,90 EURO

the games usually cost 69,90 here ITALY :)

ODST killed by pre-marketing

IHaveIce

Banned
One half decimal measure of your human nocturnal recuperative interludes.

hype get

so which streams should be under my view?

edit: Also the whole comparing is total off. Halo 3 was the first Halo game on the 360 and released at a time where the Halo hype was at a high level.

My input, odst may have slightly affected sales, but reach being a shitty game affected it even more. People hated reach from the start.

Hello Everyone. So Rtx seem like alot of fun dont know if u could handle the heat in Texas Right know, but totally worth it if only i had more money to go to these Expos. I'm liking all I'm seeing look very promising.

Anyone seen Amazing Spider-man Its freaking awesome LOVED IT

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
But that's the great thing, you can filter what terrible shit you want to play. Or you can just go into MM for a more consistent experience.

yup. why not have the customs game browser have some sort of a filter for "untampered" game rules as well - to avoid playing shitty variants. a custom game browser makes a lot of sense and would be invaluable for us forgers to get a lot of map playtime and testing. the top maps would rise to the top.

L1NETT

Hello Everyone. So Rtx seem like alot of fun dont know if u could handle the heat in Texas Right know, but totally worth it if only i had more money to go to these Expos. I'm liking all I'm seeing look very promising.

I'm just hoping Halo 4 shows its face in Europe before November 6th.

So. Power nap?

Someone needs to tell Myyke, what a power nap is.

*tingles all over*

Reach's system was good, a second generation of the concept - taking custom Challenges even further - could be incredible.

Definitely, in that regard, it also looks like the in game reward system is constructed to recognise a variety of things, maybe more so than reach.

I.e kill the guy who stole your ordanance.

I'm assuming you are referring to this tweet? :)

QyNsA.png

New map? Or Spartan Ops gameplay?
No new Map. No new Spartan Ops gameplay. It is RTX. You can expect new matches on Adrift, Haven or Longbow.

*tingles all over*

Reach's system was good, a second generation of the concept - taking custom Challenges even further - could be incredible.
Yep. Reach's challenges were pretty good on paper but at the end they lack on variety. If 343i manages to fix this problem, I expect great things.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
any good footage from RTX other then the 2 full match commentated videos from longbow?

Trailer for Forward Unto Dawn is what we do know about from CC.
Wasn't a great teaser, but confident the trailer will be better.
Spartan Ops will be playable.

What do I expect from Comic-Con:
Announcement of Greg Bear's third novel. (Primordium was announced around this time last year too)
Spartan Ops gameplay. I would wish to see a "Developer walkthrough" of one level. But do not expect one.

Not really much, so I definitely won't get disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom