• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

That second one was mesmerizing... couldn't stop watching.

Yeah, I collect mashups. For every normal song I own, I have like 5 mashup and remixes of it :lol

Have fun:

Seven Nation Army vs Sweet Dreams

State of Pop 2009

Coming Undone vs The Scientist

Metallica's "Enter Sandman" done in the style of Beatle's "Tax Man"

Whole bunch of stuff like those first two videos out there :D

What ever happened to that video 343 put before TDK? Was it ever posted online. Did any of you see it in the theatre?

Can't be posted online because agreements with the guilds and theaters

Karl2177

Is Brian Cranston good? Tell me he's good...

I'm so sad I missed all the junior drama. :(
Also, I don't really mind the Jackal's design, I was never really a fan of previous designs in regards to them.
Yep. He plays his part very well. Although I fear he's starting to fall into the likes of Liam Neeson and Samuel Jackson in the sense of "That's not Mace Windu, it's Samuel L Jackson". It's not necessarily a bad thing, but for future roles, it makes the character seem a bit less like a new character.

I should also note that there was not a Halo 4 thing in ye First Look. There was a BO2 piece.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I wish they could have put it in the bulletin.

But there's no bulletin.

Considering how hard it is to get a team of 4 for a Halo event, I would imagine getting 6 together for TF2 would be even more difficult. I can't imagine many teams showing up if it made it to the pro circuit. However, if they wanted to do an Arena in NYC, I don't know how big the viewership is for TF2.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The whole thing about being a junior is that you're supposed to be on thin ice, and the guys made it clear in the junior thread when I joined. The thing to be avoid is this whole Us vs Them mentality of: Juniors? lol fuck em, or: every batch of juniors that wasn't mine should go burn in a fire. All it's doing is generating hostility so of course they're going to get banned faster. I honestly feel that everyone needs to up the stats quo, because even though GAF is a gated community, everyone must realize that we are all involved in making GAF what it is.

Changes are needed. Bring back junior threads, make it so that juniors have to read the FAQ & terms of service forum before posting, but most of all, try to hold your judgement/resentment towards the new guys, and call it out when they are out of place. Some of you, (more than others) are awfully territorial. And that's all I'm saying on the matter.

I agree, the aggressiveness towards junior members has gotten sort of out of hand (not necessarily here, just in general on GAF). There were juniors I didn't like, but that's not because of the tag, it's just because they posted pointless things that contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion, or were just generally mucking up the thread.

In other news, I ordered a game from GoHastings, and instead received that game's sequel. WTF

Aggrotek

Yep. He plays his part very well. Although I fear he's starting to fall into the likes of Liam Neeson and Samuel Jackson in the sense of "That's not Mace Windu, it's Samuel L Jackson". It's not necessarily a bad thing, but for future roles, it makes the character seem a bit less like a new character.

I should also note that there was not a Halo 4 thing in ye First Look. There was a BO2 piece.

I think overall Cranston has huge potential. He just needs to not fall into a niche and stay there. A lot of actors do it and it really undermines their ability to act. It's nice to see someone be able to have a multifaceted career.

CyReN

Arena Gaming Chicago is this weekend, this will be the last big competitive tourney for Halo Reach in America. u4ix and Best Man will also be commentating. if you guy can please help out by tweeting and telling your friends etc. Production values are quite good also.

Link.

Risen

Arena Gaming Chicago is this weekend, this will be the last big competitive tourney for Halo Reach in America. u4ix and Best Man will also be commentating. if you guy can please help out by tweeting and telling your friends etc. Production values are quite good also.

Link.

Link is broken for me...

GhaleonEB

Hey, when it was a Double EXP, it had 100 people in it.

But seriously, if there was a playlist that was just King of the Hill 24/7, I'd just play that. That was my favorite part of the Gears 3 Beta, when it was just KoTH 24/7.

Heh. If there was an all King of the Hill playlist, I'd dabble in Reach's MP again. Then again, some maps feel like KotH, without the hill. (Countdown, I'm looking at you.)

I wake up to see him banned. Shame it didn't work out. You'd think he would of learned after everyone tried helping him out.

We def need some more quality control all up in here. Draft a sort of junior FAQ of Do's and Don'ts

When I joined the site seemed to be making a strong point that I have to read the FAQ before posting. That FAQ covers all they ways that a junior can get himself/herself banned. Did this latest batch of juniors not have access to that?

What ever happened to that video 343 put before TDK? Was it ever posted online. Did any of you see it in the theatre?

It will eventually see an online release. We don't know when that will be yet.

Overdoziz

Banned
Well poopy. Both of them should be in there, I like both styles.
To be honest, Bungie should've really stopped messing up objective gametypes. Random hills, random Oddball reset locations, random stockpile flag locations. Stuff like that is what ruins objective gametypes. MLG does it so much better.

Here's some changes I'd like to see in objective gametypes:

King of the Hill:
-Only have 3 hill locations and have a set rotation sequence; Middle, side 1, middle, side 2, repeat.
-Dynamic.
-Shouldn't be played on segmented maps.
-Place the hills near the center (all 3 of them) so you don't have to walk for a minute to get to the hill if you happen to spawn on the other side of the map.
-Don't have any cover in hills, only just next to it.

Oddball:
-Only have 1 Oddball reset location. Losing the Oddball because it reset to their side of the map makes no sense and only frustrates.
-Should not be played on room-based maps (*cough*Sword Base*cough*). Maps where you're never really safe from enemy fire for long our the best maps for Oddball. Keeps things moving.
-Hot Potato needs to go. It is a gametype created to lazily solve the problem of people hiding in a corner with the ball. What Bungie should've done instead is make maps where movement with the ball is promoted.

Stockpile:
-Only have 4 flag stands. Having more than 4 can result in an unfair advantage for either of the teams.
-Should only be played on symmetrical maps.
-Put the flag stands near the center of the map so a team doesn't just get a flag for free because it's on their side of the map.
-Have the flags be collected every 2 minutes. 1 minute seems short. Also, the flags are now collected at every X.10 mark. It would make more sense if they were collected exactly when the timer reaches a full minute making it easier to keep track of when they're getting collected.
-Make it DMR starts.

Capture the Flag:
-Only have one 2-Flag variant. No pro, classic, speed, slayer, whatever bullshit.
-For 4v4 the recovery time should be about 3 to 5 seconds, reset time 10 to 15. Also counts for 1-Flag.
-Flag juggling should be on at all times.
-Neutral and 3-Flag can go the way of the dodo.
-1-Flag should only be played on asymmetrical maps and 2-Flag only on symmetrical maps. Don't mix them up.

Assault:
-Neutral Bomb or 1-Bomb only. 2-Bomb doesn't work with only 4 (or 5) players on a team.
-The arm and defuse time are fine as it is right now. I think it's a 5 second arm/defuse time while it explodes after 15 seconds? Sounds about right.
-Playing Bomb with 5v5 on 4v4 maps (like Asylum) really doesn't work. It's extremely hard to arm bombs if you're playing against a competent opponent.

Headhunter:
-Get rid of the hills. Let us score points the moment you pick up someone's skull.
-Skulls shouldn't rolls around, it doesn't make it more fun, only frustrating. Just make them float in the air in the locations where you killed a player.
-By doing this Headhunter would change dramatically but would become less of a fringe gametype. It could actually be played more competitively. It would also mean that people can't hold multiple skulls. You jsut kill someone, get their skull and score a point immediately. You can also pick up your teammates' skulls to prevent the enemy from scoring.

Territories:
-3 hills, no more, no less. One in the middle and 2 around them on each side of the map. Similar to the KotH hill locations.
-Score limit should be much higher than it is right now. Matches shouldn't be over after 2 minutes.
-Should only be played on symmetrical maps that aren't segmented too much. Boardwalk is laughably bad for this gametype.

A big problem with objective gametypes lately is the fact that they've been kind of a last minute thing. Bungie didn't even have a "flag stolen" notification. That's how little they cared about objective. They just entered some random numbers in the gametypes settings and were done with it. Applying the changes I've named would make them all less gimmicky and more consistent. You'd actually be able to properly play them competitively.

Keep in mind that this list applies to 4v4 (or 5v5 now) only. For BTB different settings should be used. BTB only should have CTF and Bomb though, maybe territories.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, I collect mashups. For every normal song I own, I have like 5 mashup and remixes of it :lol

Have fun:

Seven Nation Army vs Sweet Dreams

State of Pop 2009

Coming Undone vs The Scientist

Metallica's "Enter Sandman" done in the style of Beatle's "Tax Man"

Whole bunch of stuff like those first two videos out there :D

Can't be posted online because agreements with the guilds and theaters

State of Pop 2009 is the perfect example of he rare mash up that works on its own as a good sound rather than just "let's mix x and y".

Have you listened to Raiding the 20th Century? It's a nice montage of mashups combined with history of music over an hour :(

Recarpo

Haven't been following the lead up to this Arena Chicago event, is there a place to see all the teams that are there? I'm assuming 4v4 with MLG settings or do they use different settings/maps?

Some better pics and descriptions...Beam Rifle is back!

ZEmAO.jpg

"Straight from the highly-anticipated video game, Halo 4, comes a second series of action figures by McFarlane Toys. This line brings the all-new, never-before-seen characters, weapons, accessories, and vehicles from Halo 4 to your figure collection. The Elites are back in Halo 4, including the popular Ranger variant as depicted in Halo: Reach. Elite Rangers feature a fully-sealed environment suit and an airtight helmet with clear visor; perfect for extra-vehicular activity in the vacuum of space. Our Elite Ranger figure comes with the redesigned, Halo 4 version of the Beam Rifle."

RO5iG.jpg

"The Kig-Yar, commonly known as Jackals, return in Halo 4 as part of the alien Covenant that continues to threaten humanity and the UNSC. The Storm Jackal features the new, more reptilian look seen in Halo 4. Figure includes the redesigned version of the Covenant Carbine weapon."

2egOv.jpg

"A senior officer of the UNSC Infinity, Commander Thomas Lasky was first introduced to Halo fans in the live-action series Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. Our Lasky figure represents the officer as he appears in the video game Halo 4; in a UNSC fleet officers uniform, armed with the standard Magnum sidearm. Pistol fits in figures holster, and is removable."

Q41pX.jpg

"The fan-favorite Scout armor, previously seen in both Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, returns in an updated, yet instantly recognizable form for the Spartan-IVs of the UNSC Infinity in Halo 4. Our Spartan Scout figure features an orange paint scheme, and comes equipped with the new Sticky Detonator weapon; previously only available with the Master Chief in the UNSC Cryotube boxed set."

CyReN

Haven't been following the lead up to this Arena Chicago event, is there a place to see all the teams that are there? I'm assuming 4v4 with MLG settings or do they use different settings/maps?

Info.

Still starting DMR/No Sprint, couple maps are different like Onslaught CTF is back from H3 etc.

Lots of good Team Objective stuff
Agreed with all this. Would you consider Guardian room-based? Cause that was awesome for MLG Oddball

"Straight from the highly-anticipated video game, Halo 4, comes a second series of action figures by McFarlane Toys. This line brings the all-new, never-before-seen characters, weapons, accessories, and vehicles from Halo 4 to your figure collection. The Elites are back in Halo 4, including the popular Ranger variant as depicted in Halo: Reach. Elite Rangers feature a fully-sealed environment suit and an airtight helmet with clear visor; perfect for extra-vehicular activity in the vacuum of space. Our Elite Ranger figure comes with the redesigned, Halo 4 version of the Beam Rifle."
6bUz5.gif

This is the best news. I hope they keep the Focus Rifle in though, or equivalent weapon that shoots a continuous beam. *cough* Sentinel Beam! *cough*

Blueblur1

The description says 'Beam Rifle' but it looks like a Focus Rifle. Then it says they the Jackal comes with a Carbine but the image depicts a Plasma Pistol. Um, yeah... I'll believe it when 343 confirms it.

I really hope it is the Beam Rifle, and not the Focus Rifle. The Focus Rifle was fun in the beta, but it was no sniper. Also that extended cooldown made it pretty useless

CyReN

Remember, WE the community have no control over playlist so it can't be added when MLG abandoned it.

so...Team Hardcore for H4 please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom