• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I would love to play fighting games with you, but my days of playing them are over, I get horrible cramp 1 round into them.

Which is a shame, because I used the dreamcast almost exclusively for fighting games.
Must have been the controller that did you in.

ZalinKrow

Oh, PSO1. What a frickin' game that was.

So good, I bought it twice, for the Dreamcast and GameCube.

Now we're talking :) RaMar 4 lyf.

Something Halo related.. Oh, those new toy figures looked seriously cool. That spartan in the purple was especially nice. I really really can't wait to see the complete selection of armour in 4. I hope the amount of skins and helmets they've already been able to show is an indication that there are many more to come :)

Flipyap

Whats with the new jackal's feet? Are their claws/toes pointing upwards?
It's toe armor. They had it since Halo 3.

14486802-fullmlkhj.jpg
jackal_majorxi5kyl.jpg

Beckx

One thing about the Jackals, they look more like their namesake. Not saying this is good or bad, just that my first thought looking at the latest pic of the toy was "hyena."

Howdy

Neo Member
I really don't like any of the character redesigns 343 has done so far. I do like the design of the Promethean enemies but man do the Elites, Jackals, Grunts and Chief's armor look ugly.

I'm with you on this, including the MP armor that has been revealed. The pre-order bonus skins aren't really doing anything for me either. Maybe it's just because they are so different it is jarring, I am hoping they'll grow on me. I felt the same way when I first saw the Transformers movies too... sadly those redesigns never grew on me.

I am loving the Chief's redesign though. He looks pretty badass, hopefully we can wear Mark VI in MP, or they bring back ODST helmets for MP. Thought I saw one in the background of one of the screenshot reveals...

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm with you on this, including the MP armor that has been revealed. The pre-order bonus skins aren't really doing anything for me either. Maybe it's just because they are so different it is jarring, I am guessing they'll grow on me. I felt the same way when I first saw the Transformers movies too... sadly those designs never grew on me.

I am loving the Chief's redesign though. His looks pretty badass, hopefully we can wear Mark VI in MP, or they bring back ODST helmets for MP. Thought I saw one in the background of one of the screenshot reveals...
All the MP armor so far looks incredibly busy and bulky. I'd rather have an armor set that is simpler and sleeker looking.

senador

Banned
The new figure jackal looks worse than in game. The few in game screens we've seen look better than the figure, but still looks weird. I don't like that tr overall head design changed that much, but if it was a new enemy or even in a different game I couldn't get behind it. I just don't like how it looks at this point in time.

There better be some sort of explanation for why these guys all look different now. Some sort of exposure or maybe they are hippie Covenant and huffed way too much plasma.

All the MP armor so far looks incredibly busy and bulky. I'd rather have an armor set that is simpler and sleeker looking.

Nearly all of them so far look sleek and athletic to me no feel they hit that goal. They are too busy though with tons of weird and complex details going on.

FyreWulff

Agreed.

God forbid, you score the flag in a 1 flag game, they will quit, and you will have 3 rounds of complete boredom.

The annoying thing is Megalo supports detecting lame duck rounds and could end the game early. We know for a fact because Grifball does it. Neither Bungie nor 343 seem to want to implement it in one-sided gametypes though.

I'm just spouting off but Objective's population would be helped if they added it. People wouldn't have to hang around for lame duck rounds and decide between taking a quit penalty or getting teabagged for 10 minutes by the other team. If I was a new player, I wouldn't come back to the playlist again after a couple of those.

If they don't want to add lame duck detection, the very least they could do is make all 1-sided gametypes 2 rounds. Each team gets a chance, win lose or tie, then we move on. They did this to BTB Territories in Halo 3 and it was great.

Screw being off topic, it's late night gaf, so PLEASE watch this video. I haven't ever laughed at a youtube video this hard before.

spoiler: it's a guy having a come-apart over a train.

Man, I still have my model train set ready to eventually be built in the future, but I'm one of the few people that like model trains but I couldn't even tell you the name of one of them if they went by me :lol I just think they're neat, and making a train set is like Forging. You get to create a world and then destroy it a month later and start over.
Or a 20 year old cat walks across it and pisses on it, massacring the entire circuit

Striker

If they don't want to add lame duck detection, the very least they could do is make all 1-sided gametypes 2 rounds. Each team gets a chance, win lose or tie, then we move on. They did this to BTB Territories in Halo 3 and it was great.
Wasn't it that way for Team Objective's based territories (in Hemorrhage), as well?

I've all but given up on them advancing through another MM update. Despite it really needing it, it would at least help also consolidate some playlists.

daedalius

So, do you guys think we will get more 3 plots in BTB?

I really miss that gametype; and I'm really tired of slayer ALL the time in BTB.

FyreWulff

Wasn't it that way for Team Objective's based territories (in Hemorrhage), as well?

I've all but given up on them advancing through another MM update. Despite it really needing it, it would at least help also consolidate some playlists.

It might have been but I can't even remember the last time I was actually able to get Territories.

Fuck now I miss Team Control in Halo 3. So. good.

Striker

It might have been but I can't even remember the last time I was actually able to get Territories.

Fuck now I miss Team Control in Halo 3. So. good.
You were one of the 22 people who liked that?

Territories can only work well on specific map setups and designs. It also leads to many defense scenarios where one team sits in a ten foot square spot just blasting nades at you as you try to score in that tiny hill. 3 Plots is and has been the best territory based gametype Bungie made - cut from Halo 3 for some odd fuckin' reason. It's okay in Reach, though not quite the same and doesn't have maps like Midship and Turf to help out. Hopefully it can return in H4, as it can work for both 4v4 and 8v8 settings.

willow ve

That guy a few pages back didn't last long. Is there anyone who has been banned after like one post or something?

Also, how come everything good happens while I'm asleep? Let the UK witness some of the good stuff! :(

You have the Olympics, the BBC, and the Premiere League all in country. I think you have enough.

Tawpgun

I wake up to see him banned. Shame it didn't work out. You'd think he would of learned after everyone tried helping him out.

We def need some more quality control all up in here. Draft a sort of junior FAQ of Do's and Don'ts

Talents

Banned
You have the Olympics, the BBC, and the Premiere League all in country. I think you have enough.

I don't watch TV lol. I hate football as I hate seeing people like that getting paid so much money for just rolling round on the floor when they get tapped on the leg. The olympics is only once every 4 years and it changes country each time. And the BBC is kinda crap. Lol.

DeadNames

Banned
I wake up to see him banned. Shame it didn't work out. You'd think he would of learned after everyone tried helping him out.

We def need some more quality control all up in here. Draft a sort of junior FAQ of Do's and Don'ts

Why was he banned?

And I think the list would be a great idea... I don't want to have everyone hate me for trying to fit in... With all the inside jokes and the likes.

willow ve

I don't watch TV lol. I hate football as I hate seeing people like that getting paid so much money for just rolling round on the floor when they get tapped on the leg. The olympics is only once every 4 years and it changes country each time. And the BBC is kinda crap. Lol.

I guess the grass is always greener...

FyreWulff

You were one of the 22 people who liked that?

Territories can only work well on specific map setups and designs. It also leads to many defense scenarios where one team sits in a ten foot square spot just blasting nades at you as you try to score in that tiny hill. 3 Plots is and has been the best territory based gametype Bungie made - cut from Halo 3 for some odd fuckin' reason. It's okay in Reach, though not quite the same and doesn't have maps like Midship and Turf to help out. Hopefully it can return in H4, as it can work for both 4v4 and 8v8 settings.

Hey, when it was a Double EXP, it had 100 people in it.

But seriously, if there was a playlist that was just King of the Hill 24/7, I'd just play that. That was my favorite part of the Gears 3 Beta, when it was just KoTH 24/7.

Overdoziz

Banned
Hey, when it was a Double EXP, it had 100 people in it.

But seriously, if there was a playlist that was just King of the Hill 24/7, I'd just play that. That was my favorite part of the Gears 3 Beta, when it was just KoTH 24/7.
KotH with random hill locations on maps that don't work with KotH. Sounds great.

IHaveIce

Banned

I think Duncan has a good list on HaloGaf.com, of course it is hard sometimes, especially when some users "hate" juniors just on purpose, but I think overall it seems to workout.

I never had any problems till now and no one was rude to me.

Topic change: Reach

Still working on the weekly.. god Snipers on Reflection.. horrible. And Snipers on Zealot works better than I thought, but I had 2 guys who where afk.. smh

FyreWulff

KotH with random hill locations on maps that don't work with KotH. Sounds great.

There's two variants of King. King of the Hill (move in order) and Crazy King (move in random order).

Also I'd hope they wouldn't put Blood Gulch in such a playlist. That'd be the assumption.

Sounds kind of callous, but The Culling of the Juniors is internet natural selection. It's best to just let it happen on it's own and lament it's terrible necessity in the form of a haiku or a cave painting.

Overdoziz

Banned
There's two variants of King. King of the Hill (move in order) and Crazy King (move in random order).

Also I'd hope they wouldn't put Blood Gulch in such a playlist. That'd be the assumption.
As far as I know all Hill gametypes in Reach matchmaking (MLG aside) have random hills.

Noricart

Sounds kind of callous, but The Culling of the Juniors is internet natural selection. It's best to just let it happen on it's own and lament it's terrible necessity in the form of a haiku or a cave painting.

The whole thing about being a junior is that you're supposed to be on thin ice, and the guys made it clear in the junior thread when I joined. The thing to be avoid is this whole Us vs Them mentality of: Juniors? lol fuck em, or: every batch of juniors that wasn't mine should go burn in a fire. All it's doing is generating hostility so of course they're going to get banned faster. I honestly feel that everyone needs to up the stats quo, because even though GAF is a gated community, everyone must realize that we are all involved in making GAF what it is.

Changes are needed. Bring back junior threads, make it so that juniors have to read the FAQ & terms of service forum before posting, but most of all, try to hold your judgement/resentment towards the new guys, and call it out when they are out of place. Some of you, (more than others) are awfully territorial. And that's all I'm saying on the matter.

So true.

The whole thing about being a junior is that you're supposed to be on thin ice, and the guys made it clear in the junior thread when I joined. The thing to be avoid is this whole Us vs Them mentality of: Juniors? lol fuck em, or: every batch of juniors that wasn't mine should go burn in a fire. All it's doing is generating hostility so of course they're going to get banned faster. I honestly feel that everyone needs to up the stats quo, because even though GAF is a gated community, everyone must realize that we are all involved in making GAF what it is.

Changes are needed. Bring back junior threads, make it so that juniors have to read the FAQ & terms of service forum before posting, but most of all, try to hold your judgement/resentment towards the new guys, and call it out when they are out of place. Some of you, (more than others) are awfully territorial. And that's all I'm saying on the matter.

I mark my territory with urine. Stay clear.

You have the BBC

gta.gif

(apart from MOTD and 5live)

Still working on the weekly.. god Snipers on Reflection.. horrible. And Snipers on Zealot works better than I thought, but I had 2 guys who where afk.. smh

They must have changed the weighting on the maps to ensure the first voting slots are usually Reflection, Countdown and Zealot, all of which are bad maps for Snipers imo. Well, if we're going by my preferences for Team Snipers it would be Boardwalk and uncaged all day, the two maps that work really well for the gametype.

Zealot is usually get a few kills then be spawned behind and blained. Reflection is an interminable jump out between shotgun-side of Sniper spawn and Sword-side.

While fair, I think it's understandable in the context of the HaloGAF community over the past 6 years.
The flood of juniors in the past 24 months that exploded in the past few months put a lot of strain on the single thread. Too many different people thrown together suddenly, compared to a much smaller growth (and loss) rate before that.

The batch I came through with was myself, Tawpgun, Hitmonchan, Duncan and Starwolf. Five with one banned. I think the next batch after that was N00bs and Fyrewulf, and that was quite a few months later. It's better for juniors if they come through with fewer members and with a greater space of time between them and the next batch. Lets folks bed in.

Changes are needed. Bring back junior threads, make it so that juniors have to read the FAQ & terms of service forum before posting, but most of all, try to hold your judgement/resentment towards the new guys, and call it out when they are out of place. Some of you, (more than others) are awfully territorial that's all I'm saying.
While fair, I think it's understandable in the context of the HaloGAF community over the past 6 years.
The flood of juniors in the past 24 months that exploded in the past few months put a lot of strain on the single thread. Too many different people thrown together suddenly, compared to a much smaller growth (and loss) rate before that.

Karl2177

I think Duncan has a good list on HaloGaf.com, of course it is hard sometimes, especially when some users "hate" juniors just on purpose, but I think overall it seems to workout.

I never had any problems till now and no one was rude to me.

Topic change: Reach

It wasn't because you were a junior. It's because you haven't been an idiot poster. I can pretty much guarantee there's no one that hates you because you're a junior. That's just a bit of gentle ribbing to see how tolerant you are of jokes and the like. When people react like everyone is against them, then that pretty much sends out a ton of red flags. Or when they post something incredibly insensitive(which I hear is what is for the truly weak). Then there's also just spamming up 700 posts in your short tenure here. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.

I'm also looking to get the weekly done. I think I have around 150-ish to go. Send me a message if you don't want to deal with as many randoms in Snipers. GT: Karl2177 (I would add you as a friend, but I am at the cap and am waiting a bit to clear out some folks). I'm hopping on now.

FyreWulff

As far as I know all Hill gametypes in Reach matchmaking (MLG aside) have random hills.

Well poopy. Both of them should be in there, I like both styles.

Are we back to taking about the jackals again? I still don't like them. I understand that a new team wants to put there mark on the series, and I'm all for that. However, the facial structure doesn't resemble previous iterations at all. The avian qualities of the jackals is completely lost for a much more reptilian look. There's a way to make them look more menaceing that doesn't involve making them look like a new subspecies. Skirmishers worked in reach because they were explained to be "cousins" to jackals. Halo 4 is just like, "fuck that, jackals are now dinosaurs."

8WmXI.jpg

Yeah I posted it again

Are we back to taking about the jackals again? I still don't like them. I understand that a new team wants to put there mark on the series, and I'm all for that. However, the facial structure doesn't resemble previous iterations at all. The avian qualities of the jackals is completely lost for a much more reptilian look. There's a way to make them look more menaceing that doesn't involve making them look like a new subspecies. Skirmishers worked in reach because they were explained to be "cousins" to jackals. Halo 4 is just like, "fuck that, jackals are now dinosaurs."

kylej

Banned
Alright, so here's the fucking deal. I tolerated your million posts, I tolerated the old-news and even gave you a polite way to rectify your posting so others wouldn't detest it, but sending a PM to Tawpgun calling him a douche and now making fun of mentally handicapped people is enough, man. You need to grow up quick.

We call Tawpgun a douche and make fun of handicapped people while playing Halo though.

(wuv u Tpgun)

Aggrotek

Holy shit, yes.

Also, the Total Recall reboot is fantastic. It has a great setting fairly reminiscent of the Syndicate reboot. Would recommend seeing the film(as well playing Syndicate).

Is Brian Cranston good? Tell me he's good...

I'm so sad I missed all the junior drama. :(
Also, I don't really mind the Jackal's design, I was never really a fan of previous designs in regards to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom