• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzawa

Just placed an order for 2 Halogaf tshirts (1 is for Zee alan K row)
scott-pilgrim-trailer-3_480x270.jpg

Fuchsdh

The standard Grunt-like abomination is also a Storm class.

It's there to differentiate it from what I assume to be the Ranger/SpecOps/Sniper/Whatever Jackals

Is that supposed to be a Sniper Jackal, or an Elite? If it's the former, at least I'm happy they're going back to a more CE-styled headpiece...

And love your avatar, Flip. Never forget.

TheOddOne

People guessing it is a new group of the ex Covenant since a "Storm Grunt" exists. But for that reason, why do the Elites not have the Storm title?
Good question.

Yes, it is the variant that causes storms to form in teacups and other places where people converse.

What? You've never talked in a teacup before? Bloody 'ell!
Teacups, how do they work?

Why does that Elite have a fishbowl on his head?
51QsRIiEDUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Overdoziz

Banned
The Halo 4 one looks like it's completely transparent unlike the Reach one.
I really don't like any of the character redesigns 343 has done so far. I do like the design of the Promethean enemies but man do the Elites, Jackals, Grunts and Chief's armor look ugly.

Flipyap

Is that supposed to be a Sniper Jackal, or an Elite? If it's the former, at least I'm happy they're going back to a more CE-styled headpiece...

And love your avatar, Flip. Never forget.
I'm betting on Jackal. It's too small to be an Elite, and the armored scales on its back and pointy thigh guards match what we've seen of the new Jackals.

And thank you for support in this time of grief.

TheOddOne

I really don't like any of the character redesigns 343 has done so far. I do like the design of the Promethean enemies but man do the Elites, Jackals, Grunts and Chief's armor look ugly.
Chief's armor looks fugly in cut-out screenshots, in-game it looks fantastic.

Fuchsdh

Chief's armor looks fugly in cut-out screenshots, in-game it looks fantastic.

I'm okay with the change since I was never a big Mk VI fan, but the fact that we're apparently not going to get an explanation for it (along with the Covenant redesigns) is what bothers me most.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm okay with the change since I was never a big Mk VI fan, but the fact that we're apparently not going to get an explanation for it (along with the Covenant redesigns) is what bothers me most.

Don't care about explaining the Covenant (humans can look quite different, why wouldn't aliens? Why can't they have even wider range of differences?) but the armor... need explanation for that. Especially considering how its abilities are changing as well.

TheOddOne

From what I've seen of the new jackal design - it's superior to the old one in almost every way.

Different strokes, I guess.
In motion it will prolly not matter much, but seeing as 343 barely has given us direct feed stuff we nitpick on this stuff.

I wonder if they will even hint at what was said in Glasslands.

Four years. Four years is a long for Nanomachines to work on the Mark VI to create his new armor.

zap

Four years. Four years is a long for Nanomachines to work on the Mark VI to create his new armor.

The nanomachine explanation still is annoying :| It would have been better to just ignore the changes, like they will do with the Covenant redesign :/

As someone who's taken his fair share of mushrooms in the past, that was a LOT of mushrooms taken in a short time. wow.

Just a doodle out of boredom.
Your doodles are nothing short of awesome, man. I hope that you have or get a job where you can express your talents to their fullest potential.

Talents

Banned
That guy a few pages back didn't last long. Is there anyone who has been banned after like one post or something?

Also, how come everything good happens while I'm asleep? Let the UK witness some of the good stuff! :(

Spiders

That guy a few pages back didn't last long. Is there anyone who has been banned after like one post or something?

There was a dude who put a signature advertising his own website or something in each of his posts.

He got banned after only 2 posts.

Leaving this here for any HaloGAF interested in fighting games.

Gah. Link fixed.

I would love to play fighting games with you, but my days of playing them are over, I get horrible cramp 1 round into them.

Which is a shame, because I used the dreamcast almost exclusively for fighting games.

DOA2 (undefeated against doctor banjo), Powerstone 1/2, Soul Calibur, MVC 2, Capcom VS SNK, Fatal Fury.

I played them all consistently, the only other game (not genre) that I put any real time into was phantasy star online 1.

Beckx

I would love to play fighting games with you, but my days of playing them are over, I get horrible cramp 1 round into them.

Which is a shame, because I used the dreamcast almost exclusively for fighting games.

DOA2 (undefeated against doctor banjo), Powerstone 1/2, Soul Calibur, MVC 2, Capcom VS SNK, Fatal Fury.

I played them all consistently, the only other game that I put any real time into was phantasy star online 1.

Oh, PSO1. What a frickin' game that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom