• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intersting, vehicles seem to be on radar even if no one's in them.

And since I'm too lazy to walk in your room and tell you, fracas, the tourney organization has been fine. Just do the tweaks others have suggested.

This'll probably get lost with the Halo 4 leaked screenshot (deservedly so), but here it goes:
Next tourney, which I guess would be sometime after h4 fits, teams should just be more localized. That way it's easier to get everyone in the room rather than making some people play at odd as fuck hours. When it comes to those teams having to square off then it can just be morning/afternoon for NA folk and night (but not late night) for euros. If you're in Australia, then whatever, you're just fucked all of the time.
I really think the next tournament just needs to be organized like the Bunge Pentathlon.

Separate everyone into four large groups:
1. Grizzled Ancients (Anyone here from 2007 and before)
2. Old Skool (Beginning of 2008 to the end of 2009)
3. Middle School (Beginning 2010 to end of 2011)
4. Newbies (2012 and beyond)

If there aren't enough players in the Grizzled Ancients and Newbies with that range:
1. Grizzled Ancients (to June of 2008)
2. Old Skool (June 2008 to June 2009)
3. Middle School (June 2009 to June 2011)
4. Newbies (June 2011 to 2012 and beyond)

Players will make the choice of where they belong if they were accepted here at one point but didn't start posting until a later point. And those players can be moved if one group is lacking in numbers against the rest. Each group will designate a captain to organize the players.

Figure out match settings and times to be played for three games of the following gametypes for everyone (debatable, obviously) to be fought amongst the four groups:
1. Slayer
2. Assault
3. CTF
4. King of the Hill
5. Oddball

Send whatever players from each group can make the the appropriate match times. Whichever group wins the most categories, wins the tournament. In the event of a 2-2-1 spread, a sixth gametype will be picked and set up for the leading two groups.

This'll probably get lost with the Halo 4 leaked screenshot (deservedly so), but here it goes:

I really think the next tournament just needs to be organized like the Bunge Pentathlon.

If there aren't enough players in the Grizzled Ancients and Newbies with that range:

Players will make the choice of where they belong if they were accepted here at one point but didn't start posting until a later point. And those players can be moved if one group is lacking in numbers against the rest. Each group will designate a captain to organize the players.

Figure out match settings and times to be played for three games of the following gametypes for everyone (debatable, obviously) to be fought amongst the four groups:
1. Slayer
2. Assault
3. CTF
4. King of the Hill
5. Oddball

Send whatever players from each group can make the the appropriate match times. Whichever group wins the most categories, wins the tournament. In the event of a 2-2-1 spread, a sixth gametype will be picked and set up for the leading two groups.

Eh separating people into those groups would be kind of weird. Best to just do regional/schedule related off the bat since that's what is going to matter most.

Fracas

#fuckonami

1. Slayer
2. Assault
3. CTF
4. King of the Hill
5. Oddball

I'd be fine with this idea, but the main problem is that Old School and Grizzled Ancients will have like 10 people cumulatively. There's a ton of new people, myself included

and-so-it-begins1.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
To me, that pic looks like the one leaked earlier but just not a shitty cellphone pic. Oh and lacks the stupid "Paint-censoring". Though i don't remember if the old pic had that....

Holy shit, leak of the year confirmed? No barns, no Tom Morello, just a tiny little watermark that barely obscures the HUD. Why are modders always so damn busy though? You'd think they were constantly switching out of sketchy apartments hopping rooftops clinging to their dev kits, trying to avoid the 343 Leak Security Force and whatnot.

So you want certain maps in matchmaking, but you don't want to bother submitting them, so the system doesn't work?

Yes I want a new system where you dont SUBMIT maps but instead you peoples go and LOOK for good maps. Say you see one on a stream and you like it and you go test it and then you ask the creator and say we want this in THIS and THIS playlist for THIS and THIS gametype and then you guys get it in. So all the creator did was MAKE it.

Thats the system I wish to see.

And if someone goes "Hey why isn't this map in MM" you dont say "CUZ YOU NEVE SUBMITTED IT ON WAYPOINT!" you instead say "Ill do my best"

a zoojoo

Banned
Yes I want a new system where you dont SUBMIT maps but instead you peoples go and LOOK for good maps. Say you see one on a stream and you like it and you go test it and then you ask the creator and say we want this in THIS and THIS playlist for THIS and THIS gametype and then you guys get it in. So all the creator did was MAKE it.

And if someone goes "Hey why isn't this map in MM" you dont say "CUZ YOU NEVE SUBMITTED IT ON WAYPOINT!" you instead say "Ill do my best"

HIRE HIM!!!!!!

Things I'd introduce for the next one:

-European and US brackets
-Capping number of entrants at a certain number, then making the rest alternates
-Set up a schedule early and adhere to it
-Letting people decide who captains are, instead of choosing them

To name a few.
I think there definitely needs to be Euro and American brackets, that was a pretty big issue. I think the schedule for the entire tourney should be made beforehand as well so that people that sign up are actually going to be able to make the games for their team.
quote that pic, jee bus.

DAT RAILGUN

EDIT: Is there an ammo count on that bad boy?

I'm seeing a 4 on that screen, of course that doesn't mean that's the amount of ammo that the weapon starts with.

Also can we take a moment to recognize that we just got a leak that wasn't captured with a potato cell phone from 1982 in which the user was also clearly shit-faced drunk when capturing the footage/screen.

Aggrotek

I think there definitely needs to be Euro and American brackets, that was a pretty big issue. I think the schedule for the entire tourney should be made beforehand as well so that people that sign up are actually going to be able to make the games for their team.

I'm seeing a 4 on that screen, of course that doesn't mean that's the amount of ammo that the weapon starts with.

Also can we take a moment to recognize that we just got a leak that wasn't captured with a potato cell phone from 1982 in which the user was also clearly shit-faced drunk when capturing the footage/screen.

The old leak has 4 ammo too. Could be coincidence...

1. Slayer
2. Assault
3. CTF
4. King of the Hill
5. Oddball

I'd rather have players form their own teams and have 2 leagues. One for US folk and another one for Euros.

If you had 8 teams in each league you could just have 2 divisions with 4 teams in each. After the initial few matches the better teams will get up to the top one and play each other while the lesser teams will play themselves on the lower one. I figured this scenario would have a lot closer matches and maybe a nice bit of competition to get to the top?

I'd like to help organise whatever people want too. I really liked the idea of proper team names and logos too though.

Tawpgun

1. Slayer
2. Assault
3. CTF
4. King of the Hill
5. Oddball

I like it. Divisions don't necessarily have to be by join date either. Grizzled Ancients = Pre Halo 3 (might have shortages here)
Old Skool = Halo 3 thread
Middle School = Reach OT's
Newbies = Halo OT's

I'd rather have players form their own teams and have 2 leagues. One for US folk and another one for Euros.

If you had 8 teams in each league you could just have 2 divisions with 4 teams in each. After the initial few matches the better teams will get up to the top one and play each other while the lesser teams will play themselves on the lower one. I figured this scenario would have a lot closer matches and maybe a nice bit of competition to get to the top?

I'd like to help organise whatever people want too. I really liked the idea of proper team names and logos too though.

Team Names should be Halo related for complete nerding out.

EU Tournament will be dead after a week.

Eh separating people into those groups would be kind of weird. Best to just do regional/schedule related off the bat since that's what is going to matter most.
That would be more efficient, but there could be a problem with not having enough people in one time zone to make up a team; or not enough to form an even amount of teams. Region and time scheduling, I think, tapers off as a problem when you have a large enough group of people to pull from. Theoretically. Plus with only four large groups, that's less organizing than if you do it by time zones and regions. Probably less matches overall too.

There'd be problems with any method we try out.

But really, I just think it'd be more fun to do it this way. :) I'm behind whatever idea I think would be the most fun, so I'm behind a HaloGAF Penthathlon.
I'd be fine with this idea, but the main problem is that Old School and Grizzled Ancients will have like 10 people cumulatively. There's a ton of new people, myself included
Even if that's the case, I think ten people would be enough. Those time brackets I listed were just off the top of my head. I would fine-tune it based on the times people joined for whoever is interested.

That would be more efficient, but there could be a problem with not having enough people in one time zone to make up a team; or not enough to form an even amount of teams. Region and time scheduling, I think, tapers off as a problem when you have a large enough group of people to pull from. Theoretically. Plus with only four large groups, that's less organizing than if you do it by time zones and regions. Probably less matches overall too.

There will be enough if you keep regions pretty broad. I'd even help to organize based on available schedule if need be. Just tell me what times you're available. With spreadsheets it's easy to see where people line up. Have those people square off in FFAs, then organize based on region and abilities.

FyreWulff

You mean the method we tried before but had authors bite our heads off over it? That one? The one where they didn't understand that once they upload a map, Bungie/343 had the rights to use it?

It was tried. It mostly ended up with either the author never responds, wants in a playlist that we can't submit to, or the community wanted their own entire freaking playlist to themselves for the maps to be in matchmaking. Or they don't respond, got a map in, and then bitch that a small change was made to make it MM compatible. A few in MM to this day were gotten this way, though, and weren't submitted by the author.

There's something new in the pipeline to improve the process, but having authors that actually want to be active with their map resulted in more content being put through the pipeline.

juryben

Banned
Actually I dunno if I should post the rest. They gonna get really pissed I leaked one pic.

But at the same time I don't really give a flying fuck after they **** me over.

Decisions decisions.

DeadNames

Banned
That railgun looks sexy...

But something about that picture... It looks... Wrong. I just can't put my finger on it.

But hey, I'm not complaining!

Talents

Banned
MLG community on this arena gaming stream makes me happy I never have to interact with anyone in the MLG community.

Its like they try to out dbag each other.

Not all of us are like that, it's a stereotype, like people say all blondes are dumb, or all Americans are fat, or all English love crumpets and tea, it's not always true or right.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Actually I dunno if I should post the rest. They gonna get really pissed I leaked one pic.

But at the same time I don't really give a flying fuck after they jew'd me over.

Decisions decisions.
Screw them post this shit brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom