• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
halo4_1.png

first picture looked beautiful.

warthog in second pic looks so ugly up close.
look at those textures.. yikes

I'd assume that is pre-release assets/bugs at work right there.

So I've read all about the 8GB mandatory install for Halo 4. If I buy a 360 flash drive, can I just save the mandatory data to that? I still have an original model 360, with one of the original HDD's. Instead of buying a Slim, or a $150 HDD when the next Xbox is probably only a year away, can I just buy a 360 flash drive and save some money, and of course, still enjoy Halo 4 to the fullest? Thanks in advance.

So I've read all about the 8GB mandatory install for Halo 4. If I buy a 360 flash drive, can I just save the mandatory data to that? I still have an original model 360, with one of the original HDD's. Instead of buying a Slim, or a $150 HDD when the next Xbox is probably only a year away, can I just buy a 360 flash drive and save some money, and of course, still enjoy Halo 4 to the fullest? Thanks in advance.
Yes. Don't get a crappy one though, the read speed does affect load times.

I believe 8GB flash drives will work with Halo 4. Save your money and get a 3rd party flash drive that is XBOX 360 compatible/certified, the Microsoft ones are severely overpriced.

EDIT: It seems Amazon is selling the official 360 ones for a fair price.

Swarmerr

I wanna give a shout out to the arena gaming tournament for halo. Even though I had to work all weekend and couldn't watch many of the games it was still sick to see some halo tourney action :)

Akai__

We already have a rendered Warthog picture at Waypoint. Compare it to the leaked one and you will know, that the leaked isn't final.

Oh interesting, totally missed that, not sure I like them, it could lead to some pretty cluttered scenarios.

I'm very interested why you seem so pissed at 343 jury?

But the new people Bob, the new people! They HAVE to know what side is the driver and what side is the passenger and of course, the gunner. That's the most difficult one to find.

But the new people Bob, the new people! They HAVE to know what side is the driver and what side is the passenger and of course, the gunner. That's the most difficult one to find.

Your a new person! Btw AR or BR?

But yeah it's somewhat weird that they have to spell that stuff out. In the end I can't imagine anyone needing that stuff but then again if it doesn't clutter things up I dont really mind it. I just feel like its those kinds of things that can ruin immersion.

I feel sorry that people only talked about Arena this weekend because the European Gaming League had a pretty good run, too, but only <500 viewers the most times.

If it's not mentioned in the games, IT DOESN'T MATTER!

ZluMP.jpg
I don't expect everything to be explained within a game or book. But to some whom would prefer a bit of clarifying to the story, it would patch things. I care little and not enough plot holes when I'm over analyzing to make it distasteful of the whole story for me. So it's good. Stinkles = The Rock "If Ya Smell What Da Frankie Is Cookin".

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I feel sorry that people only talked about Arena this weekend because the European Gaming League had a pretty good run, too, but only <500 viewers the most times.

Yea it's a shame. If EGL was the week before or next it would have pulled around 1000 for sure.

Swarmerr

Did EGL have a live stream? For some reason I feel there was something stopping me from following the event, of course it could of been work or something else as well.

Your a new person! Btw AR or BR?

But yeah it's somewhat weird that they have to spell that stuff out.

lol I think it's more along the lines of why not? It won't clutter the screen because it only shows up when you're close anyway, but adds a slick touch to the futuristic/advanced HUD they're going for with displaying more information in a subtle and noninvasive way.

There will be enough if you keep regions pretty broad. I'd even help to organize based on available schedule if need be. Just tell me what times you're available. With spreadsheets it's easy to see where people line up. Have those people square off in FFAs, then organize based on region and abilities.
I was just pointing out a potential problem. As I already said, organizing by region and time zone would be more efficient for organizing and scheduling. It would. But from what you said, a HaloGAF Pentathlon would be more streamlined overall.

And again, I'm behind whatever I think will be most fun for a tournament. That would be the biggest driving factor for me, and I'd think that'd be a HaloGAF Pentathlon.
Who would be Old skool with me? Grizzled ancients would be a legit team me thinks
I would at least be Old Skool under any system. :) I don't think we'd have a firm count on each group until we have all the join dates for people interested. So really, only if we commit to it.
Why split the groups based on date joined? What's the benefit?
The HaloGAF Pentathlon is based on the Bungie Pentathlon, and so the four groups are organized into how long members have been here. Now, the dates for each group can be adjusted depending on all the join dates of everyone interested. If you have a better idea to date members, then I'd be all ears.
Is this counting date of joining HaloGAF, or just GAF?
It makes the difference between me being a Newbie and Middle Skool.
Players will make the choice of where they belong if they were accepted here at one point but didn't start posting until a later point. And those players can be moved if one group is lacking in numbers against the rest. Each group will designate a captain to organize the players.

lol I think it's more along the lines of why not? It won't clutter the screen because it only shows up when you're close anyway, but adds a slick touch to the futuristic/advanced HUD they're going for with displaying more information in a subtle and noninvasive way.

Yeah as long as it doesn't clutter things up too much I don't really mind, as I edited into my last post a bit late though it just seems like it could ruin the immersion, meh it's fine especially as you said with the way it fits into the Ui

I was just pointing out a potential problem. As I already said, organizing by region and time zone would be more efficient for organizing and scheduling. It would. But from what you said, a HaloGAF Pentathlon would be more streamlined overall.

And again, I'm behind whatever I think will be most fun for a tournament. That would be the biggest driving factor for me, and I'd think that'd be a HaloGAF Pentathlon.

I would at least be Old Skool under any system. :) I don't think we'd have a firm count on each group until we have all the join dates for people interested. So really, only if we commit to it.

The HaloGAF Pentathlon is based on the Bungie Pentathlon, and so the four groups are organized into how long members have been here. Now, the dates for each group can be adjusted depending on all the join dates of everyone interested. If you have a better idea to date members, then I'd be all ears.

I see see too big of a noob group really. We got a lot of new people these last two junior waves.

.....thats was fast he did not even have the time to leak all of the pics :s

He could have apologized and instead dug deeper with "you are soo butthurt by colloquialisms" jive. Fuck him.

Shadders

It's not an 8GB install. The "requires 8GB" line refers to all the Spartan Ops content we'll need to download for series 1.

There might still be an install (I don't think it's been confirmed either way), but you can be sure a large chunk of that 8GB will be for Spops. You'll probably still want to get a flash drive, but you may not need it as urgently as you'd thought.

Did EGL have a live stream? For some reason I feel there was something stopping me from following the event, of course it could of been work or something else as well.
They had. Even with a better quality. Both tournament were brilliant. It is just sad that the European side gets no love.

FyreWulff

Remember, he tries to out BR people with an AR.

Yeah, how I play Halo totally has anything to do with that, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure you've never played Halo with me and burst firing the AR is pointless since the TU.

But let's pretend that I still actually bothered with the AR, totally got me there dude! Since I don't play Halo exactly the way you do, it totally means that people can keep using homophobic insults. I apologize. Before I enter such a debate on not being a douche again, I'll get my 50 in H3 MLG first to validate my opinions. brb

What's up with these:

http://i.imgur.com/DPKWO.jpg[img]

Seems like superfluous information to me.[/QUOTE]

What he said. Why add white text in the middle of the screen? It's not like it's a thing Halo players have been clamoring for for years. Same with these warthog icons. It's all superfluous information and when there is to much if it at the same time, I can imagine it getting distracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom