• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Talents

Banned

Basically you can now lay down a regeneration field at any time you want! How cool is that!?!!11

/sarcasm

It's the same.

tumblr_lm6hq2Nz7s1qii6tmo1_500.gif

So which map are Certain Affinity going to remake first? :D

Any map that can't be properly made in the new Forge environments, with the new tools. Everything else, like The Pit, for example, they shouldn't worry about.

I've always had a deep respect for Joe Staten and his passion for what he does :]

It’s interesting to me really, as social media/interaction becomes more prevalent in everyday life, a lot of developers and publishers have sort of haphazardly integrated Facebook or Twitter into their games, with a few going right forward with the prevalence of free-to-play-buy-to-win type games. I think the real future of games here has less to do with “share this achievement on Facebook”, and more to do with social, or viral, interaction shaping the game-world (defining what the game-world is, is the more difficult part). What Joe stated in his little talk there is how he feels that gaming now has more tools than ever to enhance the experience that gamers will have going forward, and it certainly offers a bit of insight into their design decisions with Destiny – or whatever their post Halo project is called.

What interests me most, though, is how the future of Halo is going to adapt (if at all) to the changing tendencies of gamers. I mean, Bungie made social, and sharing a huge part of Halo with Matchmaking, Theatre, Forge, B.net, etc, but what do you think 343 is going to be bringing to the plate in that regard. Of course, they can enhance everything, and change it to fit the mainstream audience, which is important, but how will Halo 5 or Halo 6 leverage the capabilities of the next generation? I fear that it will be subject to little more than MORE-BETTER of what we have now, which, to some, may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Todd Howard has long had a little quip of how the RPG is sort of a genre that has infiltrated other game genres, namely the FPS, and I think he’s totally correct. The whole Infinity concept in Halo 4 is proof of that – and it excites me to wonder how that idea will evolve in the future. Persistence could be a beautiful thing.

Tawpgun

We got sabotaged from the inside.

Wait for proper regen details before you get mad.

It's not as bad as you think. Maybe.

Only way I can think of balancing a regen field is by not having it in multiplayer.

It's either going to be obnoxious to fight, as was regen, or its going to be useless. But who knows, maybe they did find a way to balance it. I just don't like the idea of such a defensive AA.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wait for proper regen details before you get mad.

It's not as bad as you think. Maybe.
When the Game Informer stuff was leaked, we were told to wait. "It will get better", they said.

When the Game Informer stuff was explained, we were told to wait. "It will get better", they said.

When all the MLG guys said Promethean Vision was overpowered, we were told to wait. "It will get better", they said

When it was revealed that Halo 4's Forge wasn't much of an improvement over Reach's, we were told to wait. "It will get better", they said.

When is it supposed to get better? :(

MTWomg

Banned
Regen: Super powerful. Regens you fully from empty health, pushses away enemies. Also regens anyone around you.

Surely this is going to get nerfed, right?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
When the Game Informer stuff was leaked, we were told to wait. "It will get better", they said.

When the Game Informer stuff was explained, we were told to wait. "It will get better", they said.

When all the MLG guys said Promethean Vision was overpowered, we were told to wait. "It will get better", they said

When it was revealed that Halo 4's Forge wasn't much of an improvement over Reach's, we were told to wait. "It will get better", they said.

I mean seriously, just wait until we're told exactly how the regen operates. It's different.

Duji

The fact that they removed power ups in Reach just hurts my brain. Halo has always been about controlling the weapons/power-ups on the map. Yes, this is an appeal to tradition argument but remember, fans buy Halo for its specific play style (medium-pace arena FPS with map control being very important).

Thankfully they brought power ups back in H4 (in the form of ordnance packages), but come on! Camo should totally be a power up and not an AA.

Did a single person ever complain about it being a pick up in H1, H2, and H3? I can honestly say I have never seen anyone ever complain about this once in my history of browsing Bungie/Waypoint/MLG forums.

On the other hand, I can't count the number of times people have complained about Camo as an AA. It was such a mess in Reach that they had to take it out of half the playlists. People would use the sniper and crouch with Camo and they were pretty much invincible. Unless the Camo in H4 is a much less useful version than the Reach iteration, then it's going to be straight up broken.

Balancing it to work will be a painful and strenuous job. Why not just take the safer and easier route by making it a power up? Let's not forget that power-ups promote map movement -- always a good thing!

The community's reaction to the Camo being a powerup vs being an AA over the past 10 years should be enough to realize that the power-up route is the one to go to.

Talents

Banned
Regen: Super powerful. Regens you fully from empty health, pushses away enemies. Also regens anyone around you.

Alright, I'm pretty sure he's just trolling now. 343 can't be this dumb...
...right?
RIGHT!?

I'm gonna go ahead and remain in denial about this because

A) There is no possible way that that can be considered balanced
B) wat
C) no but seriously WAT

I imagine a 12 year old yelling "force field!" when he uses it

But yeah, I'm willing to wait to get upset until we know that's how it really works.

m23

Are you guys seriously going to sit here and listen to this guy? You're talking about the same guy who told us about a two shot kill DMR......

Edit: I guess if he does what he says and provides pics, that will give him some credibility.

Edit: Just saw the "pic" forget previous edit.

JHall

"The light is darkest just before the dawn, and the dawn is coming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom