• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the image displayed on the menu for the map, You know those little thumbnails, pretty sure those and .blf files. They existed in Halo 3 aswell.

C_010 is likely the map designation and the _SM tag is likely the smaller version of the image.

Its not the file from reach that is 29kb

However, C_010 is the first level of the game. (The opening cutscene actually, like arrival)

c_M10.blf would be the first actual campaign mission
M_10 would be the first multiplayer map in the list
FF_10 would be the first firefight map in the list
SO_S1E1_10 or something would be how Spartan ops content will look.

Basically if the leak is legit the guy has access to the opening movie of campaign and z00_testchamber (not the z00 tag, which imply s its not an actual content map) which would likely be the dev room which has all the textures all the weapons and vehicles and equipment laid out for testing purposes.
nope.avi

Sounds like Black Magic Intensity Pro numbers right there lol. I have whole matches on my HDD that are like 20gbs lol. Quality is fucking bananas though. I really do have to learn how to compress the videos though.

I rerender them in Vegas 7.0. They go down to about 200-500MB (thats rendered at about 13Mbps I believe...bout 3 times your stream quality) (5Min-14Min) depending on the length of the match. All my full matches are rendered down so on my Youtube any full matches you can get an idea of the quality.

Although I love those raw files you get, so pretty to watch.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I hope you don't get nearly as much banding. I feel like someone dropped me into Deus Ex.
Also is the recorder dropping frames or is that the game?

Sniper sounds pretty cool.

I don't know what banding is.

I rerender them in Vegas 7.0. They go down to about 200-500MB (thats rendered at about 13Mbps I believe...bout 3 times your stream quality) (5Min-14Min) depending on the length of the match. All my full matches are rendered down so on my Youtube any full matches you can get an idea of the quality.

Although I love those raw files you get, so pretty to watch.

Is Vegas good?

edit: Just watched the video. Those sound effects are fucking amazing. Wow, sniper sounds more terrifying than it ever has. And yea Yuhas, that weapon switch is crisp. I love it.

Computron

It has cursor following functionality? Cuz that was the only reason for using Hypercam. And so that the resolutions line up.
I need PS too...

Simple solution, don't follow the cursor. Its annoying to watch, you need large .GIFs and it will increases file size.

Is Vegas good?

edit: Just watched the video. Those sound effects are fucking amazing. Wow, sniper sounds more terrifying than it ever has. And yea Yuhas, that weapon switch is crisp. I love it.

Its great as a rendering tool. As a video editor...if you just need the basics, it works great. Otherwise you'll need to get After Effects.

a zoojoo

Banned
Its great as a rendering tool. As a video editor...if you just need the basics, it works great. Otherwise you'll need to get After Effects.

Works leagues better than Windows Movie Maker. :/

And yeah, like juices said, it works well as just a bare bones video editor. If you want a more advanced editor, go with Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. They are the Sniper Rifles of the Video Editing world, if you're bad with it, it's gone to waste. But if you are extremely good with it, you can pull off magic.

Juryben, I talked to one of the mods and he said he was going to PM you about your banning.

Check them ASAP.

imgIce%20Cube4.jpg

after effects isn't really meant for anything but adding special effects.

I know, but you'll want AfterEffects, especially if you play around with Premiere and find out what you can do with both. Get them, brah.

Works leagues better than Windows Movie Maker. :/

And yeah, like juices said, it works well as just a bare bones video editor. If you want a more advanced editor, go with Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. They are the Sniper Rifles of the Video Editing world, if you're bad with it, it's gone to waste. But if you are extremely good with it, you can pull off magic.

after effects isn't really meant for anything but adding special effects. vegas is the best you'll get on windows (imo) and final cut is the best you'll get on a mac (imo)

Tashi

I need to take an online class for editing or some shit. Expand my horizon!!

Juryben, I talked to one of the mods and he said he was going to PM you about your banning.

Check them ASAP.

:lol I fuckin lol'd

Also, here's the leaked footage on Youtube for those who can't download it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLf8Ozalsws

Slaker117

Dat framerate drop when the warthog explodes.

Yeah... Some of the textures also look pretty rough, but this is leaked footage of a internal build, never intended to be seen by the public, so I'd be shocked if it was fully optimized. I expect the final game to be smoother all around.

Tashi

Just counted frames in the weapon switch between Halo 4 and Reach

Halo 4: Laser to Sniper (ready to shoot)

~25 frames

Halo Reach: DMR to Sniper (ready to shoot)

~24 frames

Woorloog

Banned
Sounds better though.

Indeed.

Need Halo 4 OSTs to listen. I've listened my playlist a million times already, i need something new.
And i don't mean those shitty pieced togheter Halo 4 songs in YouTube, with voices removed etc otherwise destroyed quality.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Framerate drop during explosions in that video.

Please lock the game at 30. Please lock the game at 30. Please lock the game at 30.

Blueblur1

Am I the only one that thinks none of the weapons in Halo 4 sound like Halo weapons? In fact, everything sounds like it's overproduced to have as much bass as possible. Sounds bad, IMO.

Tashi

I'm just echoing my framerate sentiment because I don't want to see frame drops because of Forge or anything else.

Squad Slayer is apex Halo.

I laughed at what you had pre-5v5/6v6. Scrapping BTB.

4v4 is King though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom