• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If Halo 4 has framerate drops I'm going to stick my head in an oven.
You know it will. Only real question is how far will it drop? I can tolerate 1-5 frames at most.

The sounds are based off real guns. I love the new sounds.

/slurp
What is the sniper supposed to sound like? It just sounds loud, with no real identity. Could be my laptop speakers though.

Honestly I'd rather have better looking textures than a high framerate.
I know you're being sarcastic, but still. Locked 30 FPS/good graphics over 60 FPS/shitty graphics anyday, for me at least. Call of Duty looks like ass.

Slaker117

Am I the only one that thinks none of the weapons in Halo 4 sound like Halo weapons? In fact, everything sounds like it's overproduced and has much bass as possible.

What exactly do Halo weapons sound like? Covenant weapons have certain audio flares to them that make them identifiable, but I don't really think of human weapons as having any unique qualities to their sounds. They just sound like guns.

Noricart

What is the sniper supposed to sound like? It just sounds loud, with no real identity. Could be my laptop speakers though.
Praying that Halo 4 has individual volume sliders. A game of Reach can sometimes be a game of loud-ass PING PING PING back and forth for the whole game, especially in MLG, and the other options, (split game vol and voice vol; reduced game vol when a friend speaks) does nothing to remedy the problem of the loud ass DMR.
P.S I may be over-exaggerating how powerful it sounds, but it is a little overdone.

Textures. You guys are such jokers. Halo has a vastly more rich physical simulation than Call of Duty. I would wager that is the reason it cant render at the rates those games do.

What exactly do Halo weapons sound like? Covenant weapons have certain audio flares to them that make them identifiable, but I don't really think of human weapons as having any unique qualities to their sounds. They just sound like guns.
In my opinion, the audio design thus far has been heavily guided by clarity, uniqueness, and ease of distinction. I'm sure they also tried to make the guns sound badass, but this wasn't the primary goal.

Blueblur1

Old standbys like the Sniper, Rocket and even the multiple versions of the Pistol all have their own specific sound effects that carry over from each Halo game. Sometimes they're punchier but they still retain their unique sounds. Everything I've heard from Halo 4 sounds like generic gunfire sound effects that could easily come from other shooters like CoD.

a zoojoo

Banned
How about campaign stays 30 fps with good graphics and MP at 60fps with shitty graphics.
Deal?

Halo Evolved.

vectortanks_screen1.png

/hyperbole

Bioshock did it...

Look, all you nerds can just go print up some of the concept sketches 343 releases later that look all detailed and beautiful and blow all over that and then take a picture and email that to the artists. I want my video game to move really fast. Because I play that shit all day, I don't stare at it like its a piece of art.

Just counted frames in the weapon switch between Halo 4 and Reach

Halo 4: Laser to Sniper (ready to shoot)

~25 frames

Halo Reach: DMR to Sniper (ready to shoot)

~24 frames
Wut? :/

How can it look so much faster and crisper and not be?
I wish next-next gen would hurry up, so then nothing would have to be sacrificed to create a pretty game that ran well.

There is always sacrifices, no matter how great the hardware is. You'll run into the same problem, there will always be a balance of textures and rendering and how it affects performance.

kylej

Banned
Bioshock did it...

Look, all you nerds can just go print up some of the concept sketches 343 releases later that look all detailed and beautiful and blow all over that and then take a picture and email that to the artists. I want my video game to move really fast. Because I play that shit all day, I don't stare at it like its a piece of art.

This dude gets it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Bioshock did it...

I'd be down if it was an option.

Although I don't know how well it would work. Bioshock looks terrible at 30 and 60 FPS.

Until they decide things can look even prettier and we're back at 30fps.
I doubt it'll actually happen, but 30 locked FPS minimum should be the standard next gen.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Bioshock did it...

I want both.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I hope this was a troll

youtube commenter from leaked video said:
what you people dont undeerstand is that 343 CANT copy any weapons, armor, etc because they can get sued for using copyrighted material by bungie

edit: Unless I'm an idiot lol

a zoojoo

Banned
So, trying to get into shape. But I want to play Halo also. Solution?

Every kill in slayer is a push up. Every kill in objective donging is a situp.

Though my teammates aren't going easy on me. http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/career/h...Tag=Tawpgun#/?game=1094924975&section=Unknown

Fuck, i had this same idea, except w/ pushups. Tier 1 is screwed. ;-)

I hope this was a troll

edit: Unless I'm an idiot lol

please be a troll. Noone is that stupid. All Halo Assets belong to Microsoft, and by extension, 343. So it's quite the opposite.

Vire

Holy poo poo. Spartan Laser sounds amazing.

Still not keen on Sniper sound or design but maybe it's changed since then.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What I noticed most there, is that footsteps are LOUD.

FUCK YES!

Well he's alone and it's quiet. I would imagine in a full game with players shooting and talking and grenades exploding it would tougher to hear. It could be louder than previous Halo games though, I don't know.

FyreWulff

re: sounds. Since CE:A and the 4 preview videos, 343 has shown that their foley is cold / treble-y with a touch of flanger. Bungie's was warm and bassy with a touch of reverb.

I'd be down if it was an option.

Although I don't know how well it would work. Bioshock looks terrible at 30 and 60 FPS
What the fuck? After a comment like that I'm convinced that you sir have no taste.

We all put up with a lot of bad opinions in HaloGAF, but this is one that I cannot respect.

Damn.

Well he's alone and it's quiet. I would imagine in a full game with players shooting and talking and grenades exploding it would tougher to hear. It could be louder than previous Halo games though, I don't know.

If there was one thing I recall from the build I saw it was that you could really hear the weight of the spartans.

IIRC Bungie openly admitted that they weren't using the 360s multicore tech efficiently. So I pray 343 rectified this, then the frame rate issues should be gone.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What the fuck? After a comment like that I'm convinced that you sir have no taste.

We all put up with a lot of bad opinions in HaloGAF, but this is one that I cannot respect.

Damn.
Art style is awesome, don't get me wrong. I like looking at things. Just not up close. The textures are pretty bad.

Damn.

Seriously.

Bioshock is a visual treat.
Art style is awesome, don't get me wrong. I like looking at things. Just not up close. The textures are pretty bad.

The game is 5 years old, of course the textures aren't up to today's standards. Doesn't mean the game doesn't still look great though.

zap

OT, but who has the Razer Onza? Is it better than a normal controller to get?

It's on special in NZ atm and I could be tempted to pick up another controller

DeadNames

Banned
WTF is up with that laser? The sound and the scope... I'm sure I'll warm up to it. The Sniper doesn't sound like a thunder crack... More of a demonic mouse.

But holy mother does he swap weapons fast!

OT, but who has the Razer Onza? Is it better than a normal controller to get?

It's on special in NZ atm and I could be tempted to pick up another controller

I had it... The aiming felt off and the bumpers/triggers felt weird too. The ABXY buttons were pretty nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom