• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F-, my nigga!? Slower then 99% of US. Dudes in Wyoming got better internet then you.

I didn't even know that was possible. **** 1/2 stars, too
KuGsj.gif

heckfu

Banned
Thanks, Voltron! Just got the Halo 4 shirt from the podcast give away. It looks freakin awesome!

(also enjoyed the note you sent with it that read, "Halogaf!")

Yep, especially when running.

Spartan Laser sounds pretty sweet now. Too bad it's such a terrible weapon to keep around, especially when a real thing of finesse and beauty has been removed.

http://i.imgur.com/avnhm.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iKR5b37E6YR6H.JPG

343 i have no kills with the bomb explosion

should bomb be removed from halo 4? it's objectively underused.

Ken

http://i.minus.com/iKR5b37E6YR6H.JPG[IMG]

343 i have no kills with the bomb
[/QUOTE]

Why are you so bad.

Oh man I have no kills with bomb explosion either. lolololol

[URL=http://minus.com/lnBKYSAzOgOZO][IMG]http://i.minus.com/jnBKYSAzOgOZO.png[/URL]

Sai-kun

Banned
We all just moved in with a year long lease. I don't know why I didn't ask about the internet service before we moved in. It's such a gorgeous place outside of the shit internet.

We're going to be buying service from another company.

OT, but who has the Razer Onza? Is it better than a normal controller to get?

It's on special in NZ atm and I could be tempted to pick up another controller

Don't get one. They have a tendency to break. My first one had a short in the cord, so I returned it for a new one. The second one got sticky bumpers, then it too got a short in the cord. I'm not the only one to have problems with these either.

It's unfortunate because the controller isn't even that bad.. It's awesome, in fact.

Don't get one. They have a tendency to break. My first one had a short in the cord, so I returned it for a new one. The second one got sticky bumpers, then it too got a short in the cord. I'm not the only one to have problems with these either.

It's unfortunate because the controller isn't even that bad.. It's awesome, in fact.
This has also been my experience. I've had to exchange my Onza's twice because they all developed problems like slow turn on the right stick or the left stick randomly registering down inputs. After my third controller also started having problems I just gave up on it. Really is a shame because those extra bumpers are amazing in Reach.

i personally wouldn't get anything other than a official xbox 360 controller. all they need to do is give it a built in battery like the dualshock, and make the buttons/sticks more durable, then we will have reached the zenith of controller design imo.

shit its late

i personally wouldn't get anything other than a official xbox 360 controller. all they need to do is give it a built in battery like the dualshock, and make the buttons/sticks more durable, then we will have reached the zenith of controller design.

D-pad is garbage (both old and new)
bubble on the back sucks
vibe on wireless is weak compared to wired.
face buttons should be flat for fighting games
analog sticks slow-turn like crazy
no pressure sensitive face buttons even though the OXB and PS2/3 have them.

Yeah zenith of controller design.

Ken

bubble on the back sucks

Yeah but it doesn't cost $99.99.

bubble on the back sucks

hey i said personally ;)

never had any problems with it. still have an original one working.

1. never use d-pad
2. yes, like i said i want it to charge like dualshock, no bubble.
3. my wireless vibrates the same as the wired one (lol)
4. don't play fighting games
5. never had a problem with this
6. what purpose does this serve?

Fuchsdh

*Looks through circular file of GAF habitual complaints*

How 'bout them medals? I can see why they wouldn't want the gritty Reach ones, but optimally I'd love for a more refined version of the Halo 3 ones. Put the same amount of detail into them, just don't texture it.

Or just change the colors on the current ones and I'll prolly be happy too :)

It's kind of crazy the UI guy made them all in a 3D program first, though. I guess it's just how you're trained, you approach the same problem from different perspectives. I'm always trying to cheat it in 2D instead.

ONHz7.png

EDIT: Also:

7SwGr.png

Havok

Assault is awesome, it needs a longer timer to disarm though...
Assault is probably my favorite Halo gametype, has been since One Bomb Zanzibar.

What it really needs, though, is a return to sticky arming and the separation of arming and planting. Terminal One Bomb was tense as hell if the enemy was able to arm the bomb but was just barely killed before he was able to make it to the plant spot in the center of the arming circle. You knew if anyone even picked it up for just two steps, the round was over. Reach at least killed instant arming, but it's still not what it used to be.

EDIT: Also:

http://i.imgur.com/7SwGr.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's the melee stat, not the explosion, right? I don't know why they removed credit for explosions going to the carrier, getting triple kills from dumb teams squatting on the spot was the best. Maybe my memory is faulty or something.

Blueblur1

*Looks through circular file of GAF habitual complaints*

How 'bout them medals? I can see why they wouldn't want the gritty Reach ones, but optimally I'd love for a more refined version of the Halo 3 ones. Put the same amount of detail into them, just don't texture it.

Or just change the colors on the current ones and I'll prolly be happy too :)

It's kind of crazy the UI guy made them all in a 3D program first, though. I guess it's just how you're trained, you approach the same problem from different perspectives. I'm always trying to cheat it in 2D instead.

ONHz7.png

Some medals use common Bungie iconography (like the Carnage road sign) so I'm sure that was one of a few reasons why they decided to redesign the medals. And of course, they probably want to just put their stamp on that aspect of the game regardless.

blamite

Some medals use common Bungie iconography (like the Carnage road sign) so I'm sure that was one of a few reasons why they decided to redesign the medals. And of course, they probably want to just put their stamp on that aspect of the game regardless.
Oh man, I just realized I'm gonna miss the old carnage splatter medal. It sucks that stuff like that has to get left behind. Like how Contact Harvest made the Marathon symbol the Forerunner glyph for "Reclaimer", yet it can't be used in the Reclaimer Trilogy.

nillapuddin

Works for me, full of empty servers except two or three with cherished classics like Tank Wars on District.

Edit: Here's an explanation on the Family Gold issue.

You should be able to use a silver account to play.

Games for Windows Live apparently hates accounts that are labeled as Gold Family. I've had the same issue for the past two years, which is annoying.

... youve got to be kidding me.

that freaking blows, i cannot blow up my family account.

all the achievements i have left are MP..

thatsbullshit

But thanks for the help yall, I guess Ill just deal with it, or go through 777 hoops to break up my plan for some pointless achievements...

Blinding

Time to ask their mom for the money to buy a new keyvault

Pretty much. I know Peaches has been around the modding/devkit scene for a while, so he knows where to find new keyvaults that will let him bypass that ban. Makes me wonder what Microsoft is going to do to make improvements to their banning tools when the next console is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom