• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggrotek

I have a whopping 12 followers on Twitter. Why did I even make this thing?
In other news, that laser sounds so sexy.

edit: GUYS BLOPS2 MP TODAY!!11!1

Flipyap

That brings me to an important question. I recall hearing someone say that the reason Promethean weapons act the way they do is because they were designed to combat the flood. Why would you need an EMP to combat the Flood?
Why would you need a pop-out demon skull to combat the Flood?
Highly virulent parasitic alien life form. Its pet peeves include: jump scares, puppies.

a zoojoo

Banned
Omg I'm so hyped, this game will be the saviour of the FPS genre with its incredible realism and originality from the other CoD games.

agccf0ukq4.gif

Have 343i talked specifics about the join-in-progress system? I ask because while I think its a good idea, I hope they have some setup where you can't join a game after the mid way point. Not only do I not want to join the losing team at the end of a game (which would happen a lot because the losing team is the team that quits), but I want to feel like my opponents are actually my opponents, not a cycling slew of randomness (*cough* Call of Duty).

Ramirez

More playlists should do that. What's the problem with only spawning with one grenade?

Me and nuts played some decent people in doubles A9 last night. They got rockets at one point late in the game and just camped top med pack. Its near impossible to flush campers out with one nade...

Of course it isnt a problem when playing retards, but against competent players it's awful.

a zoojoo

Banned
Me and nuts played some decent people in doubles A9 last night. They got rockets at one point late in the game and just camped top med pack. Its near impossible to flush campers out with one nade...

Of course it isnt a problem when playing retards, but against competent players it's awful.

I know that feel, bro. Broken Map is Broken.

In the build I played I believe it was 2 plasma and 2 frags. In SPOPS there was the 3rd Promethean grenade type, but in not sure if it is going to be in multiplayer.

That brings me to an important question. I recall hearing someone say that the reason Promethean weapons act the way they do is because they were designed to combat the flood. Why would you need an EMP to combat the Flood?

Maybe it disrupts neural activity. But since Spartans wear armor with shields, it merely drains the shield. EDIT oh yeah, also, didn't Mendicant Bias work for the Flood? It may have commanded Sentinels and other robots.

EDIT the real world PEPS creates plasma next to skin and the EM radiation causes pain. Or so i understood.

vv another good point.

Because the victims of the Flood can have shields and therefore so can the Flood.

Guess it won't be explored in game, but does that make Prom Grenades the equivalent of insta-chemotherapy? I wonder if they only affect shields or can outright kill.

Also, explanation for the Prom Knight skulls: it was the exact same color as every other hard light surface we've seen in 4. For all we know their head cavities are normally hollow (or at least turned off), but Didact-Ball got enough time to realize "hey, it's humans that are attacking! I know how to get my revenge, i'll spook the fuck out of them!" and just used their hard light generators to project skulls into their helmets.

Overdoziz

Banned

That map is terrible with doubles anyway. Even with two grenades getting people out of the rocket spawn is incredibly hard. That's an issue with the map design more than anything.

Overdoziz

Banned
Its not exclusive to that map, Ill take nade spam over empowering campers...
Removing radar in doubles would go a long way in fixing some of the camping issues.
I don't think 2 grenades at spawn in doubles would an issue though. But with more players it becomes annoying.

Fuchsdh

Guess it won't be explored in game, but does that make Prom Grenades the equivalent of insta-chemotherapy? I wonder if they only affect shields or can outright kill.

Also, explanation for the Prom Knight skulls: it was the exact same color as every other hard light surface we've seen in 4. For all we know their head cavities are normally hollow (or at least turned off), but Didact-Ball got enough time to realize "hey, it's humans that are attacking! I know how to get my revenge, i'll spook the fuck out of them!" and just used their hard light generators to project skulls into their helmets.

That's a convoluted but incredibly hilarious idea.

I'd say the Silentium description has pretty much debunked the Didacts as the big bad (although he might still play an antagonistic role.)

Omni

BTB is a lagfest in H3 it's a miracle if you get a decent connection.
I'm Australian and have been playing with a few from the US a fair bit over the last week and I haven't encountered any lag. I guess it depends on what time you're playing.

Flipyap

I'm not sure if equipping your pointlessly humanoid robots with hollow creepy masks designed to display creepier pictures inside them makes it much more logical...

Also, this Prom Knight moniker is simply the best. I'm using it from now on.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member

And for those looking at videos of early access or hacked game play... 11/4/12 depending on how Amazon and other online retailers are shipping :)

That is unless a wild Multiplayer Vidoc were to Appear! (*QUE THE VIDOC!*)(*AND FIRE THE SPOT LIGHT OPERATOR!*)

So have the lack of vehicle (warthog) explosions been discussed? Reach finally had some awesome vehicle explosions; from what I've seen 343 has kept with 3's which is a little underwhelming. The grenades look a little funny to me as well; like they explode with less force than previous iterations.

DeadNames

Banned
Omg I'm so hyped, this game will be the saviour of the FPS genre with its incredible realism and originality from the other CoD games.

It's funny because people actually think this.

Maybe we'll get a ViDoc tomorrow with the bulletin to compensate for missing one last week!

How is the connection to the Gravemind established?

Striker

That map is terrible with doubles anyway. Even with two grenades getting people out of the rocket spawn is incredibly hard. That's an issue with the map design more than anything.
S2xYQ.jpg

Doubles would work nicer if no radar was implemented, as it would probably reduce the amount of crouching and sneaking around corners. Still, getting maps to properly fit the style and amount of players, it's bound to have some clunkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom