• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
..............................weirdGAF is early today

MounTain deW

Wvdv4.gif

Was wondering why people were quoting me twice. Damn server errors posting dups!

In the build I played I believe it was 2 plasma and 2 frags. In SPOPS there was the 3rd Promethean grenade type, but in not sure if it is going to be in multiplayer.

That brings me to an important question. I recall hearing someone say that the reason Promethean weapons act the way they do is because they were designed to combat the flood. Why would you need an EMP to combat the Flood?
Flood have the ability to take control of vessels, vehicles, A.I. constructs. Forerunner Tech. So having an EMP would be a logical weapon for their arsenal against them.

It is my favorite gametype of the entire series once its nailed down. The way it got set up in 2 was great, and what's happened to it since has blown my mind, although they rectified it a bit in Reach, however it still lacks key elements.

- sticky arming
- contesting meter
- disarming never implemented
- arm in a circle that is a decent radius pending the map, plant directly in the middle of the arm spot to win

I'm still pretty worried about what's in store for H4 and its selected gametypes. CTF, yeah, but it still can have that usual overly long reset time and to restore it you wait a while, or stand in a tiny circle waiting to be pounced on for grenades. Still would need contesting and an actual sudden death set up to help that situation. Oddball, yeah it's fun in Lockout, but it has never been a top tier Halo gametype for online play. It's a game where the carrier sits in a corner or room and the others just defend. KotH is fine for limited amount of maps, but it's likely to be log jammed into others. A properly tuned Assault and 3 Plots is what is needed but I am skeptical if they're going to be in the basic Objective playlist, or in the game at all outside Grifball. -_-

Now once they're able to consistently lay out six to eight above average, at least, 5v5 or 6v6 map versions, we'll talk. There hasn't been that quality since 2. Since then, we've seen: Boardwalk, Standoff, Tempest, Longshore, Last Resort? No thanks. Hopefully there's enough amount of good ones in 4, desperately will need it with all the AA's and such.
I'm honestly just worried about stuff like Assault and 3 Plots being in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they completely redo territories gametypes from scratch, as they've never really been popular in MM.

Curious overall to see what they've done with objective gametypes. I know they want to make significant changes to pretty much all of them to fix the problem that objective in MM has always been shunned.
Me and nuts played some decent people in doubles A9 last night. They got rockets at one point late in the game and just camped top med pack. Its near impossible to flush campers out with one nade...

Of course it isnt a problem when playing retards, but against competent players it's awful.
Yeah as ridiculous as grenades are in Reach, they are still an important aspect to flushing out players in Halo, I don't like one grenade starts.
Black Ops 2 has Forerunner Vision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dre21lBu2zU&feature=player_embedded

I think I might be giving up on gaming if its something that can be abused in 4 and BO2, although it seems like it can only be pulsed briefly so may not be so bad. Trailer does look pretty fun other than that though.

Actually I take that back, shotguns look too abusable.

Looks pretty cool. Knife equip, too bad we didn't see the actual equip, they may have fixed my single biggest complaint about COD.

I hate when ads for games tease stuff (in this case narrative elements) that are not in any way in the game.

Enfinit

Guessing you want it to be a PC only game?
Yes.

I'm thinking about Boot Camping my new Mac so I can run PC games.

I usually run Parallels, however I've gone through Boot Camp a number of times. Whether you run Windows through Parallels, VM Fusion, or Boot Camp, it's never a completely smooth experience. Then again, I'm using a mid-2010 MBP, so I wasn't expecting running Arma II on Windows 7 through Parallels on OS X to be a flawless experience to begin with.

If you've got the machine for it, then it's not too bad. I'm just not a fan of dual-booting. Just easier and more convenient to be on OS X, not to mention Macs are terribly underrated gaming computers.

u4iX

Well it feels like my throat is in my gut after that Black Ops 2 trailer...

After the technical difficulties the Arena Gaming tournament had with POV switching this weekend, Treyarch supporting the eSports side of gaming with a Starcraft like ranking system, full blown spectator mode, and adding a portion of shoutcasting to the end of their trailer, they're almost doing TOO MUCH right.

Hopefully 343 can announce something to get my hopes up for the competitive side of their shooter again.

u4iX

Where's Frank been lately? He needs to give us some "sleeps" numbers. We need a Halo 4 MP blowout.

A "Halo 4 MP blowout" would just involve how the "specializations" and EXP works in addition to reiterating they're revolutionary new gametypes like Infinity Slayer (CoD Care Package Killstreak) and Regicide (VIP FFA).

Ask me if I'm salty.

Black Ops 2 has Promethean Vision?

That won't be abused at all.

It's actually better than H4's PV because it looks like it's only active within that particular scope attached to the gun and there will definitely be a counter like Cold Blooded.

u4iX

Are you salty? You seem a little salty.

I'm salted peanuts right now.

Add the eSports backing Sony has a history for with PS3, the hints at a Starcraft 2 like ranking system, a spectator mode that will most likely rival those seen on PC, a casual community that tunes in to competitive matches, and the hardcore support from a developer (multiple balance patches to FAMAS, etc), and yeah, I might be looking at Halo 4's news in a negative light right now.

We couldn't even get colored pieces in Forge announced...

Enfinit

I'm salted peanuts right now.

Add the eSports backing Sony has a history for with PS3, the hints at a Starcraft 2 like ranking system, a spectator mode that will most likely rival those seen on PC, a casual community that tunes in to competitive matches, and the hardcore support from a developer (multiple balance patches to FAMAS, etc), and yeah, I might be looking at Halo 4's news in a negative light right now.

We couldn't even get colored pieces in Forge announced...

When you put it that way, it does sound pretty bad on Halo's front. I'm sure 343i has plenty awareness of the needs for adequate competitiveism to compete with Black Ops II, it's just bugging me that they haven't discussed it yet. I mean, we don't even have any rumors about what the ranking system might even be.

They've got to have something. BELIEVE.

lol, the big thing is a ranking system! or is it?
KZdwv.png

Beaten bad by Cyren

so call of duty is going to have a ranking system, and spectator view meant for competitive play?

we learned more in a 2 minute trailer about blops2 than we have about halo 4 with everything that 343 has released.

smh 343.

u4iX

When you put it that way, it does sound pretty bad on Halo's front. I'm sure 343i has plenty awareness of the needs for adequate competitiveism to compete with Black Ops II, it's just bugging me that they haven't discussed it yet. I mean, we don't even have any rumors about what the ranking system might even be.

They've got to have something. BELIEVE.

GRI343.

Omni

All this talk of CoD reminds me of this 'trailer'. Kills me every time...

Anyway. Damn, I forgot how hard Brutes in Halo 2 were on Legendary... Especially without a headshot capable weapon.

To be fair, that Blops 2 trailer could've showed Keyboard Cat for 8 minutes and we would've known more about the game than Halo 4.

KB Cat trumps anything, bad example ;]

I know you're really hyped about the Spectator Mode in BOps 2 and some of the other features, but being overly negative about Halo 4 won't really do anything except hurt your own mood lol

They did say they were looking into a Spectator Mode for Halo 4, so hope for that at least..

I'm just fleshing out the bad vibes man.

Yeh I hear ya.. don't be overly positive either, just go in with a cautious mind and you'll probably end up being blown away once the game comes out. Some of the decisions 343 is making blows my mind too, but what can ya do?
looking at you 'Nade Launcher!

u4iX

KB Cat trumps anything, bad example ;]

I know you're really hyped about the Spectator Mode in BOps 2 and some of the other features, but being overly negative about Halo 4 won't really do anything except hurt your own mood lol

They did say they were looking into a Spectator Mode for Halo 4, so hope for that at least..

I'm just fleshing out the bad vibes man.

Being overly positive hasn't really done anything for me either.

Treyarch just showed a spectator mode with a built in graphical overlay of the scores on top, a full minimap, the player name and team overlay on the bottom left, and showed it shoutcasted in their MP reveal trailer.

Sorry if I'm no longer excited that 343 is only "looking into" a spectator mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom