• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

u4iX

images

images

Evolution!

FyreWulff

I'm just getting the LE as well. To be honest, the console's cool and all, but...eh, I don't know, no Halo console aside from the Halo Edition Xbox V1 looks any good.

Xbox-ltd-edition-green.jpeg

Halo 3 360 looked awesome.

Yo I wanna start LANning. What's the best way to find other nerds in my area? I figured that I would put flyers up in my local library and have people email me or contact me on XBL. Then from there we could set shit up. I hope there are other adults that play Halo competitively around here and not little kids and shit.

Usually look for local tournaments run by game/comic stores and/or community colleges. That's how it worked for me in Omaha.

ps I should have my Blackmagic Shuttle by 5pm today. Might attempt stream

CyReN

Yo I wanna start LANning. What's the best way to find other nerds in my area? I figured that I would put flyers up in my local library and have people email me or contact me on XBL. Then from there we could set shit up. I hope there are other adults that play Halo competitively around here and not little kids and shit.

Your from NY or something right? you have A LOT of players. You know Demiize by chance? kids a bit of a stoner but funny as hell and knows a lot of lans going down. Don't try and go on Craiglist/library etc. Try posting on MLG or THC for lans.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Your from NY or something right? you have A LOT of players. You know Demiize by chance? kids a bit of a stoner but funny as hell and knows a lot of lans going down. Don't try and go on Craiglist/library etc. Try posting on MLG or THC for lans.

Yea but I don't live in the city. I live like an hour north of the city.

heckfu

Banned
http://www.wrestling-match.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/WWE-Randy-Orton-Introducing-His-Tag-Team.jpg[IMG]

Evolution![/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I hate that I get this joke.

I also hate wrestling isn't what it was when I was younger...seems to be a bit too much these days.

COD kids are still saying BLOPS 2 looks like Halo. Have they ever even seen Halo before? BLOPS 2 looks the same as the last 100 cods with a little more attention to detail then the last. I am certain they market theses carbon copies to kids with ADD.

Now that you mention it that kind of thing would be awesome. I wonder if theres anything in my area.

Woorloog

Banned
Is there some particular reason we need to play that shitty fiesta instead of proper free for all when we play free for all?

Omni

Is anyone else worried about the OST and/or campaign in general for Halo 4?

After going through Halo 2 and 3 again, I am. From what I've heard of the Halo 4 OST, it's very generic; there's no emotion at all. I fear it'll end up like some kind of dubstep skrillex remix (or whatever it's called) that sounds like nothing that belongs in a Halo game. Hell, I'll even go as far to say that I'm worried about the entire campaign being one big-ass action flick with no sense of story; just big explosions and distractions to cater towards to CoD community - Quite frankly, I believe that 343i are doing just that in regards to multiplayer. I have yet to see any reason why they wouldn't do the same with campaign.

I swear to god if I see one "tap 'x' to kill the bad guy" moment, I'm done with Halo (quick time events are confirmed in, right?)

Anyway... Halo 2 and 3's OST were instantly recognisable to the Halo franchise. If you heard a track you instantly knew it was Halo. From what I've heard of Halo 4's, it just doesn't.

/rant.

Is there some particular reason we need to play that shitty fiesta instead of proper free for all when we play free for all?

The spice of life baby.

Also, I really need to lock my parties up to a max of 12.

From today, it will happen. I have way to many people, it just detriments the experience.

Halo 3 360 looked awesome.

Usually look for local tournaments run by game/comic stores and/or community colleges. That's how it worked for me in Omaha.

ps I should have my Blackmagic Shuttle by 5pm today. Might attempt stream

If you have setup issues, feel free to ask myself and/or mastrbiggy for assistance as we both have one. I just say that because the device has some pretty strict system requirements.

BigShow36

COD kids are still saying BLOPS 2 looks like Halo. Have they ever even seen Halo before? BLOPS 2 looks the same as the last 100 cods with a little more attention to detail then the last. I am certain they market theses carbon copies to kids with ADD.

It's the white text in the middle of the screen that makes it look like Halo.

Tashi

I'm designing a map. It's gonna be awesome. I'm going to start forging it when I get out of work. Probably don't have to tell you this but it's a small-mid sized arena map built for 4v4. Weird right? lol

Any tips for a complete noob like myself? Build main structures first? Which map is best to build it on? (AKA best framerate)

Us CoD kids with our ADD, damn us. Oh holy shit there's been 100 CoD games? Links pls so I can buy that shit up. Maybe my prego GF will play with me.

FyreWulff

If you have setup issues, feel free to ask myself and/or mastrbiggy for assistance as we both have one. I just say that because the device has some pretty strict system requirements.

I've got USB3 with 16GB of RAM and an 8-core Bulldozer. Hopefully I'll be fine, also because I assumed the device does a bit of the processing itself, no?

Is anyone else worried about the OST and/or campaign in general for Halo 4?

After going through Halo 2 and 3 again, I am. From what I've heard of the Halo 4 OST, it's very generic; there's no emotion at all. I fear it'll end up like some kind of dubstep skrillex remix (or whatever it's called) that sounds like nothing that belongs in a Halo game. Hell, I'll even go as far to say that I'm worried about the entire campaign being one big-ass action flick with no sense of story; just big explosions and distractions to cater towards to CoD community - Quite frankly, I believe that 343i are doing just that in regards to multiplayer. I have yet to see any reason why they wouldn't do the same with campaign.

I swear to god if I see one "tap 'x' to kill the bad guy" moment, I'm done with Halo (quick time events are confirmed in, right?)

Anyway... Halo 2 and 3's OST were instantly recognisable to the Halo franchise. If you heard a track you instantly knew it was Halo. From what I've heard of Halo 4's, it just doesn't.

/rant.

I think if there is one thing that people here can collectively agree they are not worried about, it's Halo 4's campaign.

As for story, they don't really have to do much to top the predecessor, Halo 3's script is horrible.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
COD is embracing the competitive scene, Halo is shunning them, going more for the casuals.

This is like back when the best rapper was white and the best golfer was black.

Korosenai

Well this sucks ass. I purchased the MLG Gold membership a year ago, but I haven't used MLG in about half a year. Well apparently they have an automatic renewal service because I was charged $30 from MLG last week. They better give refunds...

Noricart

Never playing FFA again. I swear the playlist management in 4 better be leagues ahead of reach, and substantially better than 3 because dear god did I have a rage-tastic experience in Lone Wolves, plauged by alt accounters (Why alt this late into a game's lifespan?) And shitty gametypes. Oddball, Oddball AR's everywhere!
Dear 343, please force BR starts in Ranked.
thnx

The spice of life baby.

Also, I really need to lock my parties up to a max of 12.

From today, it will happen. I have way to many people, it just detriments the experience.
I suffered much while you were all enjoying yourselves. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40725708&postcount=9206

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Who's excited to see what the other 7 maps for Halo 4 are gonna be!

I hear one of them has a drive-able forklift on it!

But in all seriousness.... Something new to look at, maps or otherwise, would be nice. And I don't care to look at anything from an internal Beta anymore......

E3 actually happened, right? That wasn't just some dream I had... Was it?

A dream! A Magical Dream! Oh... and 343 took your kidney.... might wanna get that checked out....

Tashi

I swear the playlist management in 4 better be leagues ahead of reach, and substantially better than 3 because dear god did I have a rage-tastic experience in Lone Wolves, plauged by alt accounters (Why alt this late into a game's lifespan?) And shitty gametypes. Oddball, Oddball AR's everywhere!
thnx

For Halo 4? It doesn't matter. We pick what gun we want. If some nerd wants to use an AR that's fine. He's just gonna get shit on all day.

Never playing FFA again. I swear the playlist management in 4 better be leagues ahead of reach, and substantially better than 3 because dear god did I have a rage-tastic experience in Lone Wolves, plauged by alt accounters (Why alt this late into a game's lifespan?) And shitty gametypes. Oddball, Oddball AR's everywhere!
thnx

You choose your starting weapons in H4.

EDIT: Beaten like a scrub, feels shame.

I hear one of them has a drive-able forklift on it!

But in all seriousness.... Something new to look at, maps or otherwise, would be nice. And I don't care to look at anything from an internal Beta anymore......

E3 actually happened, right? That wasn't just some dream I had... Was it?

I've got USB3 with 16GB of RAM and an 8-core Bulldozer. Hopefully I'll be fine, also because I assumed the device does a bit of the processing itself, no?

The biggest issue I've seen people run into is native USB3 on the mobo. It can't be a PCI-Express card or it's likely not to work. Assuming your mobo is from the last year, you should be good on that front.

The device does some processing (as well as passthrough which is awesome) and recording the raw footage doesn't take too much processing power. However, write speed to your drive of choice (SSD/HDD/whatever, usually a RAID setup) is highly important, especially if you'd like to do anything higher than 720. SATAIII is a must.

For streaming, the processor (and some of the video card) is what gets hit the hardest, since you're taking that raw footage and doing on the fly encoding and editing (overlays, cam, whatever). RAM shouldn't be an issue. I've got 24GB and Xsplit has never actively taken more than like 1.5.

I'm designing a map. It's gonna be awesome. I'm going to start forging it when I get out of work. Probably don't have to tell you this but it's a small-mid sized arena map built for 4v4. Weird right? lol

Any tips for a complete noob like myself? Build main structures first? Which map is best to build it on? (AKA best framerate)
I'm a fan of at least two or three builds. Your first build should be down and dirty; get the basic layout configured first, then worry about placement on a particular map later. Just get the map up and ready to run games on as quickly as possible, to avoid some of the boredom that comes with trying to find the right pieces to make it pretty/stand out. Geometry first, testing second, visual flair third.

Setting up spawn points and zones are a real pain in the ass and kind of tedious, so be prepared for that. One of the things I've always done is stand in a spot where I think would be a good place to spawn, look down, immediately go to monitor mode, and drop a spawn point facing the direction I was standing in.

That should be a good place to start, and I'll be happy to check it out when you've got it up and ready to look at.

You should join team Hire Juices. I had this whole rant back during H3 about how to work FFA better. Shishka was bad. I'd be better. I wouldn't expect better playlist management though...cause Reach didn't do to well either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom