• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mexican Spartan? Let's be real, there are no hispanics in the future according to Halo canon. Jorge removed that last bit of hope.

Booties

Banned
Would be interesting to learn about Requiems Architectural Design explaining how structural stability, gravity, atmosphere, flux vortex, Coriolis effect,
Star-Hopping
, etc. Just everything possible. Or a detailed blue print would be cool.
You see? Its shit like this.

1. I only realized recently that people don't like to talk seriously here. Give a guy a break.
2. This couldn't be further from the truth. I never thought I'd see the day where someone would ask me this. Trust me, we probably share the same opinion regarding that place.

Anyway, I'm guessing no one has anything to add (aside from the 1 guy, thank you) to what I brought up. Why did I even bother?

Lrrr: You are defeated. Instead of shooting where I was, you should have shot at where I was going to be.

Noricart

What happened to that one with Master Chief in the sombrero? It was posted a couple pages back but I can't seem to find it.

Here you are. Credit to Isendrix for making it.

panchochief53jh7.png
yay <3

You see? Its shit like this.
?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mexican Spartan? Let's be real, there are no hispanics in the future according to Halo canon. Jorge removed that last bit of hope.

I am personally going to Mexico before launch, to show off Halo. THAT is how dedicated I am to the community
of amazing countries with fantastic cuisine culture and booze

Duji

My opinion is how does the auto aim for rockets remove skill gap like you said yet youre saying the removal of auto aim makes it easier to use. Wouldnt that mean the skill gap would be even smaller? Why would we make rockets any easier to use?

Its fine. Halo has always been this way. Adapt, when you have rockets aim for the floor ahead of time I'm almost positive you are running around with the aimer up high then moving them down yet you cant cause auto aim.

It doesn't always work that way. You see, auto-aim and magnetism can lead to random outcomes with the rocket. When I mean "easier" in that sense, I mean not-random. Sometimes you literally have to FIGHT the aim-assist just to hit the spot that you're aiming for. Why should we do this?

Adapt? Isn't this a Waypoint argument? Why should we adapt to random outcomes and poor gameplay mechanics? No thank you.

As for skill gap, look at it like this:

With auto-aim and magnetism:
- Good player can't make that ledge shot
- Bad player can't make that ledge shot

Without auto-aim and magnetism:
- Good player can make that ledge shot due to precise aim
- Bad player isn't precise enough to make that ledge shot

Also, try to think about the pros for having aim-assist and magnetism. Here, I'll do it for you: it's easier to get direct hits. But guess what? No one goes for direct hits so it makes you MISS shots more often when you're not going for the direct hits. It is no more than a hindrance.

Enfinit

I am personally going to Mexico before launch, to show off Halo. THAT is how dedicated I am to the community

Why go to Mexico when Taco Bell's down the street? I heard MTW hangs out there.

Trey

Reach campaign is so good. Been a while since I've revisited from the start.

Best spaces/architecture in the series, combined with some of the best encounters in the series, marred by a forgettable story and bland characters. Most consistent campaign along with CE. Halo 3 had higher highs.

Watch out for the drug cartel and enjoy margaritaville. Tomorrow is 99 cent margaritas at my local Mexican restaurant. Always a good day.

Trey

Speaking of Halo books, I finished Cryptum the other night, and without launching into a full breakdown, I didn't think it was very good. Should I read the second one?

Cryptum > Primordium. Primordium has a good payoff though if you're really into Halo lore and can stand the first three quarters of this very dry book.

Karl2177

Best spaces/architecture in the series, combined with some of the best encounters in the series, marred y a forgettable story and bland characters. Most consistent campaign along with CE. Halo 3 had higher highs.
TBH, I didn't think that many of the encounters were really that memorable(in a good way). Sure we had space, but it wasn't anything really interesting. Other than that, it mostly plays out to Firefight encounters or attacking an AA gun.

I guess New Alexandria was neat...

Edit: I love how you can tell who is new here. Getting all defensive about Booties. smh

http://i.imgur.com/Yz6kr.gif[IMG]
Here ya goo. Shoty work but its late ha.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Franklinator, post: 40743158"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qC9Uf.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Brings a :'] to my eye when people help out Juniors, especially other Juniors :]

[quote="Slaker117, post: 40743164"]Here you are. Credit to Isendrix for making it.

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/panchochief53jh7.png

Made me cry the other day and laugh again tonight LOL

mmmhmmmmmmmmmm

Trey

Other than that, it mostly plays out to Firefight encounters or attacking an AA gun.

That's how Halo has always been. It's a sandbox shooter; it gives you a point to get to and gives you toys to play with and smart enemies to mutilate. Reach does this very well. Five games of the same thing does start to wear thin.

343 is here to save the day with Metroid. Excited.

ODST was great.

FyreWulff

Assuming you're using Blackmagic Media Express. Make sure you have the right settings under Edit->Preferences. If in US and doing 720p, make sure you have it set to 720p 59.94 (I believe) or the equivalent option for your current output resolution from the xbox. Make sure you uncheck the stop playback options (stupid and random usually) and DO check the option for playing in the background.

The passthrough doesn't work unless a program is set to the proper resolution and whatnot. To use with Xsplit, get it up in Media Express first, then add the "camera" in Xsplit and set the resolution setting again to the same one you did in ME.

Hope that helps.

Well, I finally got passthrough working:

Kzjkc.jpg

Still a black screen in Media Express, though :/ SO CLOSE

Enfinit

25, employed doing a job that has to do with my degree. WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE?!
Once I get the degree, the tough part is finding out what the hell to do with it. And earning money in the process.

In the barrnio?
Taco Bell is rumored to be renovating all of its franchises to modern, deco-style Barn themes (supposedly).

Have you ever had a Doritos taco?

Taco Bell and Reach! So good

Taco Bell and GAF currently.
AlhCWKFCMAEzklI.jpg:small

Jorge is hispanic?
inb4hisname

-EDIT- Oh, you're saying because you think he's dead lol - I have hope he's alive!

I always thought Jorge was more Eastern European-y despite the spelling of his name. I remember watching on of the Bungie Reach panels (at PAX, maybe?) and one of the audience questions was how he was disappointed that Jorge wasn't Hispanic, and that the lack of Hispanic culture in Halo concerns him (or something like that).

Yeh, you're right. That's how I remembered it..

Why rockets should not have any form of aim enhancements (This is seriously one of my biggest pet peeves in Halo. Enjoy my crude drawings by the way.):

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7695/whyrocketsshouldnothave.jpg[IMG]

Does anyone else have anything to say about this?[/QUOTE]

Remember [URL="http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xxhunr/halo-2-halo-2-noobified-comparison-"]this[/URL] video? I agree, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be lol :b

[B]OT[/B] - [I]Anyone saw Total Recall?? Pretty good IMO ;][/I]

Ryaaan14

Banned
Best spaces/architecture in the series, combined with some of the best encounters in the series, marred by a forgettable story and bland characters. Most consistent campaign along with CE. Halo 3 had higher highs.
I agree with Halo 3 having higher highs for sure. But I definitely think I appreciate the characters in Reach more than most.

The thing about Reach's campaign is, you are the hero. The very simple idea of displaying your armor/gender throughout the campaign absolutely seals the deal for me. This is not only a story about Reach, but a story about you being an integral part of it. It's the fuckin little things. They get me every time.

FyreWulff

Hmm and you tried every view setting in Media Express? Mines this:

BMESettings.png

bmsettings.png

Yeah mine is the exact same, except I don't have any more than one option in the second panel anyway:

dBJVp.png

hIqeT.png

Not even bothering to censor my name since it's so common that like 3 other HaloGAFers have it :p

Enfinit

Jorge is hispanic?

I always thought Jorge was more Eastern European-y despite the spelling of his name. I remember watching on of the Bungie Reach panels (at PAX, maybe?) and one of the audience questions was how he was disappointed that Jorge wasn't Hispanic, and that the lack of Hispanic culture in Halo concerns him (or something like that).

Trey

^The point at the guy before he mimes jiggling the balls takes that gif from great to legendary.

Taco Bell? I feel like I'm lurking the NFL thread.

CliQ

Jorge is hispanic?
inb4hisname

-EDIT- Oh, you're saying because you think he's dead lol - I have hope he's alive!

Remember this video? I agree, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be lol :b

OT - Anyone saw Total Recall?? Pretty good IMO ;]

OH I remember that video. Greatest evidence of Halo's long process of getting dumbed down for everyone to play and feel good about themselves. Oh how I wish Halo 1 would have been made for xbox live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom