• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I mean I liked the sound effects of the gun and the design, but it basically encouraged campers.

I can't count the amount of times I got one shot + melee'd around a corner on Guardian from a guy hiding behind a wall.

The way I used it was fine though. :p
I almost never met campers with it. I would just have it as my secondary and whip it out for close range surprise beatdowns

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
lol, I meant that as no diss to HaloCouncil cyren. But it's true.

But I would love to watch 4 frames of promethean pistol on repeat for 2 minutes with pure speculation over it.

ok, that was mean lol sorry

Mauler was a great gun in H3. Seriously much better than the shotgun. Living long enough to get Dual Maulers in MLG and using them on people was the most satisfying dual wielding usage in Halo history. That and the SMG+ pre patch magnum. People melted.

I have to say, for all my concerns about Multiplayer, hot damn are the visuals good. Every time there's an image dump - even small clipped images - it really highlights how well 343 has nailed the look, some design elements aside. Loving the bold colors, unobscured by grain filters.

Same here man.. Same here.

I almost never met campers with it. I would just have it as my secondary and whip it out for close range surprise beatdowns

Camo AA + Forerunner Mauler = GG.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
About to be a steak overload up in here folks.

meatober.jpg

lol, I meant that as no diss to HaloCouncil cyren. But it's true.

But I would love to watch 4 frames of promethean pistol on repeat for 2 minutes with pure speculation over it.

ok, that was mean lol sorry

Mauler was a great gun in H3. Seriously much better than the shotgun. Living long enough to get Dual Maulers in MLG and using them on people was the most satisfying dual wielding usage in Halo history. That and the SMG+ pre patch magnum. People melted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaEZR1q-klk

I have to say, for all my concerns about Multiplayer, hot damn are the visuals good. Every time there's an image dump - even small clipped images - it really highlights how well 343 has nailed the look, some design elements aside. Loving the bold colors, unobscured by grain filters.

Dem textures, geometry, lighting, everything!!!!!

This is the perfect way to end this generation. HALO 4 will be the game to play on the next XBOX till HALO 5 comes out.

Dem textures, geometry, lighting, everything!!!!!

This is the perfect way to end this generation. HALO 4 will be the game to play on the next XBOX till HALO 5 comes out.

Halo 4 will be the Halo 2 to the next Xbox and the Halo 1 for 343/rest of us!

Now with dat SAT flava:

-Halo 4 is to the next Xbox as Halo 2 was to the 360
-Halo 4 is to 343/fans as Halo 1 was to Bungie/fans

wut.

So if my calculations are correct:

-Halo 4 metaphorically represents Halo 1 and Halo 2.

Halo 4 will be the Halo 2 to the next Xbox and the Halo 1 for 343/rest of us!

Now with dat SAT flava:

-Halo 4 is to the next Xbox as Halo 2 was to the 360
-Halo 4 is to 343/fans as Halo 1 was to Bungie/fans

wut.

So if my calculations are correct:

-Halo 4 metaphorically represents Halo 1 and Halo 2.
Halo 1, 2, Wars, Reach.

feel

Looking at that shotgun pic Byrnes posted, I like that they really improved the look of metal in this game. Looks like a heavy motherfucker who really delivers the pain. Previous games' weapons mostly looked like made of plastic or cardboard (with some exceptions like the Halo 2 BR).

heckfu

Banned
Looking at that shotgun pic Byrnes posted, I like that they really improved the look of metal in this game. Looks like a heavy motherfucker who really delivers the pain. Previous games' weapons mostly looked like made of plastic or cardboard (with some exceptions like the Halo 2 BR).
Hey. I'm glad you're back.

<3 u heck

Plywood gets banned for a week and everyone flips out, I got banned for 2 months and noone mentioned it, felt bad bro

kidding

HA! When I was a lurker your avatar always got my attention lol so I wondered where the heck you were :b

Welcome back.

<3 u heck

Plywood gets banned for a week and everyone flips out, I got banned for 2 months and noone mentioned it, felt bad bro

kidding

oh, hey its you. didn't know you were banned. am somewhat newish to halogaf.

people kept mentioning you when i put up my mediocre photoshop emblems and things.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
<3 u heck

kidding

You were banned? I thought you just got tired of the junior wave like vhfive lol

Another medal to help the bks who are getting shit on constantly feel better, I suppose. Kill the guy who killed you.

At least it's better then "Distraction", points for getting shot.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, I guess we already got that with the Kill Joy. I guess this is just an extension of that.

I don't mind getting doled out points for stuff i do and stuff i don't do (ie being a "distraction"). The more points, the funnerer the game is. At least that's how i roll in Battlefield 3, i don't care about my KD but about my score. I feel like i've helped my team more by having a lot of score.

I do wonder how "comeback" is helping my team though... I mean, i just gave the enemy quite a lot of points. Unless it marks a turning point and if you're on the top afterwards (that happens sometimes and feel really good).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom