• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY DO MY GRENADES WEAR COWBOY HATS?!?!

gdKUo.jpg

Yessssss.....

Yes it does.
Need new headshots of covies and promies as emblems.

Edit: With Cowboy Hats!

This thing:

HL2357.jpg

Big, powerful, slow handgun with no scope. Sort of like a close-range sniper or a long-range shotgun, depending on how you think about it. Depth of clip/ammo suggests something in that bracket.

Yep. I think that'd definitely be a power weapon. One of the few satisfying weapons to use in Half-Life 2.

Spotted the Double Kill medal:

irG1vY5ah3t7I.png
Dragonball.

I really like the way the medal appears.

Also, I just noticed.

How in the hell did Super Slayer survive the Reachsolidation?

Yeah they cut 5 playlists, but there is still 3 4v4 Slayer playlists that are nearly identical, which was one of the main flaws of MM in my opinion, along with 5v5 objective on maps that are painfully too small for it.

They are determined to keep pre-patch Reach though.
Ya it's very nice. Reminds me of Geometry Wars

Whoa, that does remind me of Geo Wars when you mention it. *Goes to play it*

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
tashi putting in work for that david or frankie podcast appearance

Nah. If that were the case I would say, "oh my god David, I KNOW that you made this video. I've been a fan of your work since the days of 1up and the quality is unmatched. You sir have an eye for greatness and have achieved a level of video production that is not seen anywhere else in the industry."

slrp slrp

Karl2177

Elzar, Over, and anyone else in that party: I screen recorded that random Showstopper I got in Reach today. Upon further investigation, an enemy threw a grenade at my teammate who was being assassinated. I body shot the assassin and the grenade killed him, giving me the Showstopper.

http://youtu.be/Wb99mslhKF0

I really like the way the medal appears.

Me too. Like Ghal said, as worried/cautious as I am about the multiplayer, the game looks visually incredible. After years of dull, drab Reach, the color choices alone are a breath of fresh air.

And if that gun is really a HL2-style Magnum, I'll be heaven. It's like something I never knew I wanted for a Halo power weapon until I've seen it.

Homeboyd

Me too. Like Ghal said, as worried/cautious as I am about the multiplayer, the game looks visually incredible. After years of dull, drab Reach, the color choices alone are a breath of fresh air.
Those other 2 Forge environments are going to BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW YOOOOOOOOOOOOU.

AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Yep. I think that'd definitely be a power weapon. One of the few satisfying weapons to use in Half-Life 2.
From what Frankie said, the Promethean weapons are going to feel like a step up from the similar human or Covenant ones. So the Scattershot is the next-level shotgun, for instance, and this Pro-Pistol is going to be something a lot sexier than the standard pistol.

Woorloog

Banned
From what Frankie said, the Promethean weapons are going to feel like a step up from the similar human or Covenant ones. So the Scattershot is the next-level shotgun, for instance, and this Pro-Pistol is going to be something a lot sexier than the standard pistol.

That practically prevents them from being (player chosen) loadout weapons, no?

That practically prevents them from being (player chosen) loadout weapons, no?
We've only seen the Scattershot as an ordnance drop, right?

I mean, I'm basing this entirely on "[the design of human weapons] make the player feel like an underdog in comparison to the highly futuristic and sophisticated weaponry used by the Covenant and Forerunner enemies", but it could just be 'feel' and not actually 'be'.

Woorloog

Banned
nope you can spawn with the light rifle. oh mah god, golden light meltin faces.

carbine/light rifle loadout here i come.

If you can spawn with the LR, then Carbine/LR loadout is incredibly reduntant. Doesn't the LR have both burst and single shot mode depending on the scope? So it is good at all ranges really.

If you can spawn with the LR, then Carbine/LR loadout is incredibly reduntant. Doesn't the LR have both burst and single shot mode depending on the scope? So it is good at all ranges really.

i don't care. they look awesome. DONT TELL ME WHAT I CANT DO!

/john lock (also incredibly relevant, me being handicapped, lol)

We've only seen the Scattershot as an ordnance drop, right?

I mean, I'm basing this entirely on "[the design of human weapons] make the player feel like an underdog in comparison to the highly futuristic and sophisticated weaponry used by the Covenant and Forerunner enemies", but it could just be 'feel' and not actually 'be'.
I'll believe it when I see it. The Human sandbox has always been vastly superior to the Covenant one in every Halo game, which I've always thought is odd is considering the Covenant is supposed to be the better military force.

Woody's face haha.

Woorloog

Banned
i don't care. they look awesome. DONT TELL ME WHAT I CANT DO!

/john lock (also incredibly relevant, me being handicapped and all, lol)

Oh, they do look good. But can't appreciate but one at time...
I have a feeling i'm going to like the Light Rifle a lot. I know i do like the Scattershot's concept, loved the Flak Gun in UT2k4, that thing was awesome.

I'll believe it when I see it. The Human sandbox has always been vastly superior to the Covenant one in every Halo game, which I've always thought is odd is considering the Covenant is supposed to be the better military force.

Both in feel and function overall, sadly.

nillapuddin

even though BR/DMR/Carbine/LR all fill a seemingly similar niche they are different

Between vast differences in ROF, Magazine Size and STK, I think it will really define what kind of player you are, rather than what color gun you use

I'll believe it when I see it. The Human sandbox has always been vastly superior to the Covenant one in every Halo game, which is considering the Covenant is supposed to be the better military force.

Woody's face haha.

*puts on lore nerd hat*

that's not true, there ships may be really good at kicking ass, but covenant lost ground engagements all the time.

Woorloog

Banned
even though BR/DMR/Carbine/LR all fill a seemingly similar niche they are different

Between vast differences in ROF, Magazine Size and STK, I think it will really define what kind of player you are, rather than what color gun you use

I still think it is reduntant.
Better to use one of these and have an AR, StR (Storm Rifle, SR is Sniper Rifle), Magnum or Plasma Pistol as secondary, to give you more rounded loadout and more utility.
I never specializing heavily in Halos to be a good idea, i never carry two close range weapons or slow weapons etc.

nillapuddin

I still think it is reduntant.
Better to use one of these and have an AR, StR (Storm Rifle, SR is Sniper Rifle), Magnum or Plasma Rifle as secondary, to give you more rounded loadout and more utility.
I never specializing heavily in Halos to be a good idea, i never carry two close range weapons or slow weapons etc.

I might have misinterpreted, when you said have them, I thought you meant in the game, now I see you mean have them, like in your loadout.

Yeah I guess it seems weird, but thats always a player choice

Like are you willing to use this armor mod (another gun) as opposed to, more ammo, etc.

It will be interesting, as of right now Im not sure I would carry two primarys, I guess we will know in a few more bulletins ;)

Both in feel and function overall, sadly.
Definitely. Reach beta was the only build of Halo I've played were it felt like the Covy sandbox was equal to the Human one. Sadly, most of their sandbox got significant nerfs.
Oh fuck

OT, of course.
WHATTHEFUCK
*puts on lore nerd hat*

that's not true, there ships may be really good at kicking ass, but covenant lost ground engagements all the time.
SHUDDUP, you're destroying my point.
:p

Woorloog

Banned
I might have misinterpreted, when you said have them, I thought you meant in the game, now I see you mean have them, like in your loadout.

Yeah I guess it seems weird, but thats always a player choice

Like are you willing to use this armor mod (another gun) as opposed to, more ammo, etc.

It will be interesting, as of right now Im not sure I would carry two primarys, I guess we will know in a few more bulletins ;)

Yes, you did misintepret.

But as you say, it is a player choice. I just hope i won't end up losing a team match because my moronic team mates insisted on bringing both AR and StR in the same loadout constantly... Or having two long range weapons in a CQB map, etc.

I doubt i'll carry two primary weapons, we'll have multiple loadout slots, no? So i can put most weapons in those.
The only case where i'll probably use Firepower is my CQB loadout, which will contain BR/Carbine and AR/StR. Definetly not going to play without one utility weapon, ever (as much as i hate the concept of "utility weapons" as it is in Halos).

eDIT fuck typos.

Definitely. Reach beta was the only build of Halo I've played were it felt like the Covy sandbox was equal to the Human one. Sadly, most of their sandbox got significant nerfs.
Indeed. Those Covie weapons were actually useful and fun to use but didn't make human weapons useless or too weak by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom