• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
Oddball on foundry was a joke
It was Oddball on Citadal which apparently has 2 Bubble Shield spawns.
So much for trying to get a 50 in Lone Wolves. That playlist is full of terrible gametypes. Why there is AR starts (let alone 90% of the time) in a ranked playlist is beyond me.

GhaleonEB

from high quality vid

iwz5NpjCWo2Vx.JPG

jlamR9Y08h9Zq.jpg

was hoping they were different.

EDIT: strangely the second looks longer.

I think the top one is tipped away from camera a bit, making it appear shorter.

Much like the outsourcing of Forge to Certain Affinity, couldn't 343 simply outsource Halo 4's online stat tracking and web interface to Bungie? I'm serious. In the event this scenario does not occur then Waypoint has to undergo a MASSIVE reinvention for the launch of Halo 4. I'm talking stripping it completely bare and starting again. I'm also curious to see how 343 will thread the interaction between Waypoint and Halo 4 in game so you don't have to leave ala Reach. I'm expecting a more seamless hopping between the two.

Wave your hands in the air if you feel fine
We're gonna take it into overtime
Welcome to the Space Jam
Here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam

IHaveIce

Banned
No they won't. There was a midnight event once, when Burning Crusades was released for World of Warcraft and the guys destroyed half of the shopping mall. The manager said it was the 1st and the last time they would do this.

Don't get it why people do this. Like, why couldn't you do this peacefully?

Oh wow, that is so stupid.

Yeah they are the ones who lose these events because of this bullshit.

Theres a reason the ranked system worked so well. People love the challenge of a game. People like to play people LOVE to win. If they continually beat players below them they wont find the game entertaining anymore think of it as childs play and turn it off. If they lose too much then they dont get that endorphin boost in their brain and the easiest way to beat that it is to cheat and simply turn the game off. The people who win too much though in Halo, can go on to play MLG (brilliant) and that will hopefully can keep them playing for a long time.

So what you want is a ranking system where the majority of players are ranked somewhere in the system where they can get decent matches. Then have something the top players can do after they have reached a decent Mastery level.

You also want instant feedback, without it theres no motivation to play the game. People dont want to pre-order crack for next weekend. They want to buy it and use it right then.

Its about creating a flow where people decide the game is fun and they want to continue playing.

The 1-50 rank was so succesful and fulfilled every aspect that a game needs to be fun.

was just typing a question into google docs (will we see "classic" playlists again? as in gametypes without armor abilities, just good old fashioned halo 1/2/3 play?) and the entire document keeps getting erased. forget it..

Blissful

Neo Member
Theres a reason the ranked system worked so well. People love the challenge of a game. People like to play people LOVE to win. If they continually beat players below them they wont find the game entertaining anymore think of it as childs play and turn it off. If they lose too much then they dont get that endorphin boost in their brain and the easiest way to beat that it is to cheat and simply turn the game off. The people who win too much though in Halo, can go on to play MLG (brilliant) and that will hopefully can keep them playing for a long time.

So what you want is a ranking system where the majority of players are ranked somewhere in the system where they can get decent matches. Then have something the top players can do after they have reached a decent Mastery level.

You also want instant feedback, without it theres no motivation to play the game. People dont want to pre-order crack for next weekend. They want to buy it and use it right then.

Its about creating a flow where people decide the game is fun and they want to continue playing.

The 1-50 rank was so succesful and fulfilled every aspect that a game needs to be fun.

0vQYR.gif

If you wanna be a mod pm me your gmail info. Its quiet now and we might be able to get something like this running properly if its moderated properly.

nillapuddin

decided to take some more snapshots from the press video

(i linked before the google doc massacre)

nice emblem on shoulder, plus UNSC designation, icon on chest appeared on multiple players, not sure if reflective of "rank" or just embellishment

edit out promo pistol, to many other peoples pics of it

Potentially new AA design on back of spartan

SAW digital ammo counter, very cool

Thought might have been "Deadeye" helmet

Armor Pattern "pop"

I've come to terms with no ranking system. I just want some credits that do something besides buy shitty, barebones armor pieces.

Its not that you come to terms with it. Its that the game wont work as well without it. Players need to be aware that they are being placed against similar skilled opponents.

Ken

decided to take some more snapshots from the press video

(i linked before the google doc massacre)

nice emblem on shoulder, plus UNSC designation, icon on chest appeared on multiple players, not sure if reflective of "rank" or just embellishment

edit out promo pistol, to many other peoples pics of it

Potentially new AA design on back of spartan

SAW digital ammo counter, very cool

Thought might have been "Deadeye" helmet

Armor Pattern "pop"

What did I miss.

I think the top one is tipped away from camera a bit, making it appear shorter.

Bottom one has more handles, I don't think they are the same weapon.

Oddball Snowbound. A bubble shield spawns in the base, grab the shield, grab the ball, throw the shield in the corner of the base and win 150-0.

Halo 3 is da best though! lol
Last time I checked the bubble shield doesn't last for 150 seconds.

Computron

BTW, the press site's UNSC Weapon's video has 60 FPS footage of Halo 4 for the frozen theatre mode swooping parts, but not on the gameplay parts. It's really inconsistent and kinda hurts my eyes, but the 60fps parts look cool.

nillapuddin

forgot one I liked, nothing new just awesome

i love the mini-motion tracker on the sticky detonator

edit: i cant unsee the armor pattern pop into place, the draw distance is horrible
probably never notice in gameplay

Overdoziz

Banned
4v4 SMG starts on Coag.

Halo 2 is da best though!
And 2 games later we still get AR starts on Highlands.
Bungie has always been absolutely horrible at combining gametypes with maps. And Objective gametypes haven't been decent since Halo 2.

As I say that I get ShWATguns in Team SWAT.
Shaking my head Bungie.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
And 2 games later we still get AR starts on Highlands.
Bungie has always been absolutely horrible at combining gametypes with maps. And Objective gametypes haven't been decent since Halo 2.

Exactly. They do everything else so amazingly well but putting gametypes together has been an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom