• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCKaos

I've said this before, but I smiled when I noticed that 343i is using SPARTAN call signs for testing/filming purposes. Spotted Will-043, Fred-104 and Kurt-051 thus far. They're named S### 343I.

Subtle.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
So not only a 5sk BR but now a 14 round mag on the DMR?

The fuck is 343 thinking?

I seriously want to know what is going through their heads when they think this shit.

TCKaos

I seriously want to know what is going through their heads when they think this shit.

Balancing for the Sandbox. It gives players an incentive to work together/team shoot and gives you a bigger tradeoff when you use Firepower, I guess.

You still have the Carbine and the Promethean pew pew super blaster laser gunmotron.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

How did it feel when you played it, and how did it balance against the other elements and weapons you encountered?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The real question is, how many shots does it take to kill with the DMR?

I want you to read the reaction above for one part of understanding why we don't like giving out numbers sans context. We will give context, but a designer will do it, not a bald scrub.

Blissful

Neo Member
So instead of doing the intelligent thing and buffing the weak worthless rubbish, they stupidly nerf the good stuff?

That is one of the many retarded things that made reach a failure.

Dude 343 knows what they are doing in terms of weapon balance. The only thing you should be raging about is the competitive ranking system since we still dont got no clear answer on what it is

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The real question is, how many shots does it take to kill with the DMR?

Last we heard 5, right? I asked this earlier, if the DMR is 5sk with 1 bullet per shot, but BR is 5shot kill, but all 15 rounds have to land, it would appear to me (at least on paper) that the DMR is superior, and in the videos we've seen (yeah I know it isn't final) it still shoots pretty damn quick.

Duji

Balancing is very important, but I would prefer it if every weapon became more effective instead of less effective. So long as the DMR can drop 3 souls with 1 clip, I'm happy.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I want you to read the reaction above for one part of understanding why we don't like giving out numbers sans context. We will give context, but a designer will do it, not a bald scrub.
Haha, I understand.

If it's any consolation, the DMR looks and sounds pretty sweet.

So instead of doing the intelligent thing and buffing the weak worthless rubbish, they stupidly nerf the good stuff?

That is one of the many retarded things that made reach a failure.
No way to know until we get a podcast or get to play the game. Everything from reload speed and weapon switching factor into it

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
How did it feel when you played it, and how did it balance against the other elements and weapons you encountered?

It does not feel like Halo.

I don't even need to play it to know that straight up restricting the max number of kills a precision weapon can achieve is an incredibly stupid idea. No longer will amazing plays like this happen and why? Because you cannot buff worthless weapons? Because you can only think of ways to make the game worse?

I also find it hilarious that you try to claim the BR is better than the DMR at any range even though it fires slower and kills in the exact same number of shots. How can you even come to such a conclusion? It's a simple fact that in the hands of someone with actual skill, the DMR will dominate the BR at all ranges.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

I don't even need to play it to know that straight up restricting the max number of kills a precision weapon can achieve is an incredibly stupid idea. No longer will amazing plays like this happen and why? Because you cannot buff worthless weapons? Because you can only think of ways to make the game worse?

I also find it hilarious that you try to claim the BR is better than the DMR at any range even though it fires slower and kills in the exact same number of shots. How can you even come to such a conclusion? It's a simple fact that in the hands of someone with actual skill, the DMR will dominate the BR at all ranges.

You realize he shut down anything you had to say by the simple fact the game isn't done yet, you haven't played it and everything you're stating as fact is based off of speculation, right?

I like constructive criticism. This is not constructive since you have no foundation (namely, experience playing the game) on which to base your criticism. So please, don't.

I think it is pretty harsh to judge about something which is not finished and you even have not played yet.

so why not give the dmr 50 bullets? then you can get 10 kills.
just chill and wait for the game to come out. unless you played it, you have no idea how it compares with the rest of the sandbox, including perks, AA, and all the junk.
if you dont like it after you play, feel free to bitch all you like because right now all it is is speculation

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

There is no context that excuses having 2 weapons with identical shots to kill and weapon classes having different rates of fire.

There is no logical reason for a 4sk BR and no logical reason for a 14 round DMR mag.

Just more bullshit nerfing to reduce the skill gap.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
There is no context that excuses having 2 weapons with identical shots to kill and weapon classes having different rates of fire.

There is no logical reason for a 4sk BR and no logical reason for a 14 round DMR mag.

You're being a whiny brat now. This type of shit belongs on Waypoint/Bungie.net.

Norember, norember the fifth of Nobember

Hey Fuck-o, I did that first! :(

Blissful

Neo Member
You're being a whiny brat now. This type of shit belongs on Waypoint/Bungie.net.

Never knew that whinning gets you all the attention in here... Sorta sucks when I actually ask an important question and get ignored while this guy rages about the game when he never even played it. Really sucks how he gets an instant response.

What if the designer is also bald?
Philosoraptor_template.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Never knew that whinning gets you all the attention in here... Sorta sucks when I actually ask an important question and get ignored while this guy rages about the game when he never even played it. Really sucks how he gets an instant response.

Unfortunately that does seem to be the case.

Trey

How does your version of the "skill gap" go, and why does it hinge completely on the number of perfect shots a weapon needs to kill a full health opponent?

How does your version of the "skill gap" go, and why does it hinge completely on the number of perfect shots a weapon needs to kill a full health opponent.

it should be 4 kills per weapon, so 20 shots. that way i dont need scrub teammates and i can go ham on them motherfuckers.

is that the right answer?

Card Boy

Banned
Halo Gaf, in Halo 3 how easy is it to get those campaign scoring achievements? Or do i need skulls on to get them? I'm playing on Heroic difficulty. Is Halo Wars easy on Heroic if you are not a noob at RTS?

kylej

Banned
I'm not sure why there needs to be a special amount of context before disclosing how many bullets it takes to kill someone with a DMR.

Halo Gaf, in Halo 3 how easy is it to get those campaign scoring achievements? Or do i need skulls on to get them? I'm playing on Heroic difficulty.

play legendary (heroic could also work), with a few skulls on (you need them. put the useless ones on for sure). beat the missions as fast as you can and get as many sprees and multikills

feel

Admit that you don't want to say the number because you have a feeling that it's not an 11 shot kill weapon for anyone else.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm not sure why there needs to be a special amount of context before disclosing how many bullets it takes to kill someone with a DMR.

Personally I think time to kill will be more important when comparing DMR/BR, especially if the minimum trigger pull is the same given perfect placement.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
How does your version of the "skill gap" go, and why does it hinge completely on the number of perfect shots a weapon needs to kill a full health opponent?

Perfect accuracy being rewarded is where the skill is.

Hitting 15 shots perfectly and being rewarded with 3 kills is better than never being able to get 3 while someone with far less accuracy can get just as many kills as you per magazine.

Tawpgun

Frankie's previous post seemed to imply they are justifying giving the weapons short clips by having a "perk" that will allow you to have extra ammo or something?

That's my speculation so far.

Podcast/vidoc PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Frankie's previous post seemed to imply they are justifying giving the weapons short clips by having a "perk" that will allow you to have extra ammo or something?

Isn't there a Specialization that does exactly that? I believe it was confirmed in one of the leaks.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

People also seem to be forgetting the "carry two primary weapons" thing, unless that's no longer a thing.

I might do it in co-op after i beat the game. Legendary is not good for a first playthrough of a game. I beat Halo 1 and 2 on Heroic and there are some parts that would be tought as shit on Legendary as a first time player.

No way man, I did Reach in one sitting 1st playthrough on legendary, it was glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom