• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfinit

Wow.

For the first time in recent memory, I have absolutely no desire to play Reach tonight. Not a single person on my friend's list is on any Halo title, and for some reason I don't feel like playing any of 'em. What is this feeling?

Fuck you, GAF. Look what you've done to me.

I think you have a different definition of skill than everyone else.

I would argue that skill is using all the sandbox elements at your disposal in effective ways.
And if Armor-Lock is within this sandbox?
Remove it. Whatever is OP, either needs to be nerfed or it's beyond fixing that must be removed. another ex. Camouflage & Jetpack.

Ken

Wow.

For the first time in recent memory, I have absolutely no desire to play Reach tonight. Not a single person on my friend's list is on any Halo title, and for some reason I don't feel like playing any of 'em. What is this feeling?

What if you have no friends.

:O

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I think you have a different definition of skill than everyone else.

I would argue that skill is using all the sandbox elements at your disposal in effective ways.

My view on skill comes from playing with and against some of the best players not from playing against retards in team slayer. Sure at that level of play, everything is viable. When you play at my level, you either use what works or you lose by a massive margin.

So why shouldn't the game be balanced for everyone instead of just terrible players like it's going to be?

zap

Wow.

96BiK.gif

Das Kalk

Neo Member
My view on skill comes from playing with and against some of the best players not from playing against retards in team slayer. Sure at that level of play, everything is viable. When you play at my level, you either use what works or you lose by a massive margin.

So why shouldn't the game be balanced for everyone instead of just terrible players like it's going to be?

jerryimout.gif

FyreWulff

Look at a gun's shot count and clip size doesn't really mean much unless you consider the outside variables. You have to consider how fast kill times are solo, how fast they are in 4v4 (halo's most likely setup in a match), and reward teams that teamshoot over ones that are disparate and unorganized. This isn't a reduction of skill, it's a new skill alongside the old one.

Relying on teammates is an external problem that they can fix by tightening up the Trueskill requirements.

Halo 1 set the foundation for Halo multiplayer, but in today's environment it is outdated. We don't use campaign to balance multiplayer weaponry anymore.

Won't stop certain people thinking I apparently want skill removed from Halo though.

Slaker117

Unlike you (and so many others it appears) I'm not going to blindly trust 343 for the simple reason that they have given me no reason to trust, only more and more reason to doubt.

Having doubts isn't a bad thing, in fact I think skepticism is healthy and should be encouraged. Your problem isn't that you're questioning things, it's that you're jumping to conclusions and have a shitty attitude about it. Try making a point without acting like people who don't agree are less than you.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Since it was announced and Urk said it was super powerful and he loved it.

That was luke commenting on the beta armour lock.

Release armour lock is nothing more than a minor annoyance used to prolong the inevitable death.

If you get out played by armour lock, there is something wrong with you.

In a game that already makes a slow Halo slow as shit they put in Armor Lock. Really, a pause button in arguably one of the slowest FPSes? Christ. Fuck why are we talking about Armor Lock again anyway? I hate these new posters.

That was luke commenting on the beta armour lock.

Release armour lock is nothing more than a minor annoyance used to prolong the inevitable death.

If you get out played by armour lock, there is something wrong with you.

I never got outplayed by it, doesn't make it any less of a fucking annoyance.

Having doubts isn't a bad thing, in fact I think skepticism is healthy and should be encouraged. Your problem isn't that you're questioning things, it's that you're jumping to conclusions and have a shitty attitude about it. Try making a point without acting like people who don't agree are less than you.
Pearls before swine.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I have absolutely no idea what this means, based on what you just typed.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
In a game that already makes a slow Halo slow as shit they put in Armor Lock. Really, a pause button in arguably one of the slowest FPSes? Christ. Fuck why are we talking about Armor Lock again anyway? I hate these new posters.

I never got outplayed by it, doesn't make it any less of a fucking annoyance.

Yes armour lock slows the game even further but claiming it's overpowered is retarded.

I deiced to play Reach tonight after a long high adios. First game, Some random shit forge map. It look as if someone shit gray legos on a grassy area. I have no clue where I am or how to play it. Or what, when, and weapons spawn fail. Seconded game Boardwalk another shit map. Two players on the opposing team quit The other two hide. Forcing me to fuck with my teammates until the clock ran out. witch is really long boring time. Why is there not some kind of white flag surrender that everyone on the team has to agree to? Third game Countdown DMR's looks promising. Nope everyone in the game straight red bar lag the entire time. No wonder Halo is dead Reach is a abomination to the series. Bungie should be ashamed.

Look at a gun's shot count and clip size doesn't really mean much unless you consider the outside variables. You have to consider how fast kill times are solo, how fast they are in 4v4 (halo's most likely setup in a match), and reward teams that teamshoot over ones that are disparate and unorganized. This isn't a reduction of skill, it's a new skill alongside the old one.

Relying on teammates is an external problem that they can fix by tightening up the Trueskill requirements.

Halo 1 set the foundation for Halo multiplayer, but in today's environment it is outdated. We don't use campaign to balance multiplayer weaponry anymore.

Won't stop certain people thinking I apparently want skill removed from Halo though.

So you don't want a skillful Halo game?

nillapuddin

My mistake :p

My bad for sounding dickish, i didnt mean to hit send them my internet cut out and I couldnt add more

I was gunna give my opinion from the sparkcast, But now Im just gunna dirty quote it

@29:00 in Sparkcast 015
(im typing as i listen)

Josh Holmes

Specializations:
Extension to level cap, once you rank up your spartan, then you re-enlist in a specialization

Sniping, Driving, Support, etc

As you go through a specialization its a 10 level extension of your level cap, which gives you rewards as you go through, exclusive armor/weapon skins and emblems

Nothing that would change your guns performance

then when you max it out you get access to an armor mod that represents your specialization

even with your LE purchase you still have to get to the base max level rank before you can use your specializations so its not a day 1 advantage.

*so the only gameplay advamtage you get comes after you max out a specialization, and he didnt say exclusive access, so maybe you wouldnt have to spend "Spartan Points" on it, its a reward?

I cant tell from his wording if we will all have to max every specialization to access to full suite of Modifications or what

Anyways, it will be interesting

and again NEXT WEEK BULLETIN = CLARIFICATION on all this

Trey

I deiced to play Reach tonight after a long high adios. First game, Some random shit forge map. It look as if someone shit gray legos on a grassy area. I have no clue where I am or how to play it. Or what, when, and weapons spawn fail. Seconded game Boardwalk another shit map. Two players on the opposing team quit The other two hide. Forcing me to fuck with my teammates until the clock ran out. witch is really long boring time. Why is there not some kind of white flag surrender that everyone on the team has to agree to? Third game Countdown DMR's looks promising. Nope everyone in the game straight red bar lag the entire time. No wonder Halo is dead Reach is a abomination to the series. Bungie should be ashamed.

I like it. Had fun in all the GAF tourney/customs games. Lately been enjoying some team objective. Would do some Arena if I had dedicated teammates.

1. Instead of buffing the worthless shit.

2. Switching is almost as bad as reloading.

3. Grenades should not be required.

4. Team shooting again, should not be required. That said, team shooting isn't exactly the highest form of team work.

Thanks for spreading more waypoint logic around...

You actually have no ideas of your own, try posting positive suggestions rather than just negatives and you'll find developers are in fact listening.

Seems you're just a poster child for the return of a single kill all BR power weapon. Forget it, it's not going to happen. Now move along please.

Even in Reach right now in the hands of a marksman the DMR is strong enough at all ranges in take on long range snipers (via pinging them out of scope), mid range (outdoes an AR easily), with TU updates kills faster than sprinting away, in close range with grenades and baiting or back peddling the DMR is effective againt shotguns even.

Truth be told if you're skilled with a BR or DMR you're well covered in Halo 4. If you have gripes at this stage then I laugh in your general direction.

Gray Man

Banned
Yes armour lock slows the game even further but claiming it's overpowered is retarded.

I'll try to be nice here, did you read any of the HaloGAF threads before you came in here? Armor lock has been picked apart piece by piece. You are only going to unleash a hailstorm of anger, salty Halo veterans, and 3+ years of really well thought out cases against Armor Lock, why its bad for the game, and why its over powered.

Hell you may as well tell us how you feel about Jetpack and get THAT out of the way.

FyreWulff

Know what, fuck it. I'm getting Reach right now. Anniversary Classic. If any juniors want to show me what real Halo skill is, you can search right now and play against me with the broke-as-shit Anniversary Pistol that randomly decides if it's going to kill in 3 or 10 shots. After the 343 TU where the Needle Rifle randomly chooses it's bloom when you switch to it, I believe anything now.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I have absolutely no idea what this means, based on what you just typed.

It's simple you're balancing the on the assumption that only bad players play it.

You have no consideration for players who will actually hit the perfect kill time for a weapon consistently.

That is why you (343) think the BR having a .4 second slower kill time compared to the DMR and carbine is still "balanced"

That is why the max kills per magazine is lowered because of this assumption no one will get perfect accuracy and the extra ammo is just there to spray and pray with.

With this mindset, sure 14 rounds is fine and balanced but again there is no consideration for players who don't or rarely miss.

Ken

You guys need to get on SatansReverence's level.

By the way Satan's weak to wind I don't know if you knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom