• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
No matter what 343 does at this point, a significant amount of people will bitch. So I've convinced myself that the options suite will be impressively flexible.

I do like how certain folks want a plethora of options and how they ask for this placation/boon. Basically "let us change the values and effects of everything because your shit will basically suck."

I'm sure the game will have a huge array of options and with enough tweaks the game might just be the best Halo to date but what is the point if the default experience is terrible and nothing at all like a Halo game?

Halo 4 will be a fine Reach 2 but no successor to Halo:ce, 2 or 3

As insanely fun as Halo CE was, it is true that it was essentially Pistol + power weapons as far as weapons went.

Has much changed?

Halo 2 = BR and Power Weapons
Halo 3 = BR and Power Weapons
Halo Reach = DMR and Power Weapons

Sure, you could use the AR and if you want to be crouching everywhere, sticking to CQC, you could use dual wielding combos...

But the BR is always going to be the go to gun with the highest lethality and reliability, and the power weapons will always help you turn the tide of battle.

The big difference between CE and the rest of the titles, is that at least things like the plasma pistol and plasma rifle could be DECENT on their own. Not as good as a pistol, but better than some of the useless weapons we found in Halo 2, 3, and Reach.

However that's not the point I want to make.

It seems that Halo is moving not to an out-dated model of combat, but to a very unpopular one. One that only resonates with a hardcore audience, meaning the higher emphasis on teamwork and the lower emphasis on the individual.

Plasma cannon was great for close quarters combat. Halo 2 and beyond was just a race to the power weapons without a significant weapon to counteract the bullshit. Then they woke up after a couple months and made the BR the default.

I'm sure the game will have a huge array of options and with enough tweaks the game might just be the best Halo to date but what is the point if the default experience is terrible and nothing at all like a Halo game?

Halo 4 will be a fine Reach 2 but no successor to Halo:ce, 2 or 3

Did you even play 2 or 3? The default (terrible) experience was SMG/AR starts. If it's bad off the bat it will be like every halo game that's been online thus far.

Homeboyd

That's one way of putting it. Insane would be another.

He's been playing sloppy all day, then news came that Honey broke his WR. When Sig turns his mic off, you know shit is serious. I can't stay up for the whole run unfortunately because it's looking like a god run.
Fucking incredible watching someone this good at something... dude is typing in the chat at the same time

guys, why are we arguing. this guy has been around the block, played against the best. we are merely peasants and must not know how to play the game.

FyreWulff

Finally got to play Firefight with Ghaleon. Also the first time I've almost ruined my pasta on the stove because the game went until the last wave for the first time for me in Doubles, ever.

(It got to the point where it starts to weld to the pan but not quite burned)

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Did you even play 2 or 3? The default (terrible) experience was SMG/AR starts. If it's bad off the bat it will be like every halo game that's been online thus far.

And the "default" weapon of Halo:CE was the plasma pistol.

Fact is, all that got changed was the starting weapon. No other settings.

Look at what needs to be changed in Reach to make it an acceptable game. Halo 4 is going to be the same.

Look at what needs to be changed in Reach to make it an acceptable game. Halo 4 is going to be the same.

Why is Halo 4 going to be the same? The very first things shown were the BR, faster movement and higher jumps.

Tawpgun

You know, at the very least, you could put the effort to put in an "In my opinion" or "I believe" even "imo" Something so it doesn't sound like your stating shit you know very little about as fact.

#Slurp

I think you can make some decent points, just don't sound like a completely condescending arrogant dick while doing it. Not that hard.

heckfu

Banned

Dude if you're so sure it's going to suck and be terrible get the fuck out of the damn halo thread. There's literally no point being here if you've written it off and are trying to douche it up and be a dick to the members and devs.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Why is Halo 4 going to be the same? The very first things shown were the BR, faster movement and higher jumps.

There was no BR shown in the announcement trailer but there was a jetpack (checkmate).

If someone can show me some proof that all the Reach crap and this other bullshit that's getting added is reserved only for special playlists and is never available in the default playlists then fine, I will be happy to retract that statement.

GhaleonEB

Finally got to play Doubles with Fyre. Great game of Limited on Courtyard. We got mauled, eaten and shat out by a pack of very grouchy Elites in the final boss wave, alas.

It makes me all the more sad that Firefight Doubles is departing. It was the best thing to happen to Firefight in Reach. Things like this make me more nervous for Halo 4.

DeadNames

Banned
There was no BR shown in the announcement trailer but there was a jetpack (checkmate).

If someone can show me some proof that all the Reach crap and this other bullshit that's getting added is reserved only for special playlists and is never available in the default playlists then fine, I will be happy to retract that statement.

That was the thruster pack, slick.

This Sig guy is insane... Must have taken years to master.

FyreWulff

Finally got to play Doubles with Fyre. Great game of Limited on Courtyard. We got mauled, eaten and shat out by a pack of very grouchy Elites in the final boss wave, alas.

It makes me all the more sad that Firefight Doubles is departing. It was the best thing to happen to Firefight in Reach. Things like this make me more nervous for Halo 4.

If it's anything that slightly irritates me about Gold Elites is the fact that they don't flinch.

Also, 7k+ payout. Nomnomnom.

I'm talking gameplay. DURP. Yeah you can really tell how multiplayer will function from a fucking teaser trailer.

Trey

Yeah fu, it's insane. A master at his craft.

You can be reasonably sure there will be a classic playlist.

TCKaos

If it's anything that slightly irritates me about Gold Elites is the fact that they don't flinch.

Also, 7k+ payout. Nomnomnom.

Not sure how any of the Waypoint shenanigans with my Fileshare works (haven't touched it since Bungie moved on), but if it's still in my Fileshare you guys should give Nightmare Mode a whirl. Best played with four people, on easy or normal.

It's easily the most difficult thing I've ever done.

No ammo crates.
No nonsensical weapon combinations.
Limited lives.
Most broken skull setup created.

It's just broken enough to be amazingly fun while being incredibly difficult.

Sai-kun

Banned

sticky launcher starting weapon confirmed

Fracas

#fuckonami
Dammit, I missed this?

If someone's going to whine about something they know absolutely nothing about for over an hour, please PM me in advance.

edit: Still going at it :lol

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
You can be reasonably sure there will be a classic playlist.

Yes, I know about the proposed classic playlist.

Means nothing concerning the default experience and why should I be forced into a single playlist just so I can avoid all of the bullshit aimed solely at the "play for a month and move on" casuals?

Tawpgun

Means nothing concerning the default experience and why should I be forced into a single playlist just so I can avoid all of the bullshit aimed solely at the "play for a month and move on" casuals?

inception.png

Because you're a niche.

That too

Really? Time for you to catch up on playlist events mate. Vanilla or classic Halo is having its own place in Halo 4 e.g. its own playlist to cater for those settings. This is confirmed many times by Frankie and other 343i staff.

Honestly a 5 second Google search would show this up for you. That or you can read my stickied Nothing But Unbiased Facts thread over at Waypoint.

Infinity and classic are confirmed as being separated. Basically Infinity for Armour Abilities and Ordnance drops etc AKA as Halo 4 default, then Classic for that vanilla Halo experience.

Sai-kun

Banned

If there was ever a time I wish we could have a thread dedicated to all the silly stuff that people say regarding a game they have zero hands on experience with and little prior knowledge of.
haloplayers.txt

This would be the time for it.

emot-allears.gif

if you know halo 4 is shit, why follow this thhread?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Dammit, I missed this?

If someone's going to whine about something they know absolutely nothing about for over an hour, please PM me in advance.

edit: Still going at it :lol

So we're past the "wait until you see it" stage and now we're well in to the "wait until you plat it" stage. Can't wait for the "wait until 343 patch it" and "wait until Halo 5" stages.

Fracas

#fuckonami

You know what'll show 343 you mean business?

By just leaving the thread! That's right, your silence will speak volumes.

Duji

Really? Time for you to catch up on playlist events mate. Vanilla or classic Halo is having its own place in Halo 4 e.g. its own playlist to cater for those settings. This is confirmed many times by Frankie and other 343i staff.

Honestly a 5 second Google search would show this up for you. That or you can read my stickied Nothing But Unbiased Facts thread over at Waypoint.

Infinity and classic are confirmed as being separated. Basically Infinity for Armour Abilities and Ordnance drops etc AKA as Halo 4 default, then Classic for that vanilla Halo experience.

Great resource, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom