• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Must have been why Halo 3 was so low on the charts.

Oh, wait again.

because gaming trends now are exactly what they were back in 2007!
emot-eng101.gif

Oh, wait.
emot-eng99.gif

seriously?

p.s. stop responding to me, please. thanks.

Tawpgun

We've talked about this guys.

Just gotta ignore people like that. Feel free to try and correct them/reason for a post or two, but when its this much of a lost cause, just ignore and move on. Whether you want to put them on the ignore list or just scroll past is up to you.

heckfu

Banned
Because everyone with a different opinion should be banned /waypoint logic

We've talked about this guys.

Just gotta ignore people like that. Feel free to try and correct them/reason for a post or two, but when its this much of a lost cause, just ignore and move on. Whether you want to put them on the ignore list or just scroll past is up to you.

tawppy, you just responded to him. you lost the game.

and it's not about differing opinions, it's about you being a bag of douche.

Sai-kun

Banned

your avatar sucks

edit: is my post ironic enough? i don't know.

anyways yeah, basically, reverence, you won't know until you play it or they reveal more, so just sit on your hands and deal with it like the rest of us. There's no point in saying "wow i don't know what i'm talking about so therefore a/b/c is gonna be x/y/z" because literally everyone will just be like

emot-coupons.gif

Trends do change.

They don't change to the point where a yearly sports title is played more than Halo.

if this isn't the case

then why is it the case???

man, maybe people are just fucking sick of halo, and they think it's shit compared to whatever other games they're playing. shit happens, people's tastes change. I know mine sure have. the only thing that the evidence shows is that halo is not as popular as it used to be. it doesn't say that halo is less popular because they added jetpacks, it doesn't say it's less popular because they added the DMR or bloom. it's just less popular.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
because gaming trends now are exactly what they were back in 2007!
emot-eng101.gif

Oh, wait.
emot-eng99.gif

seriously?

p.s. stop responding to me, please. thanks.

Trends do change.

They don't change to the point where a yearly sports title is played more than Halo.

I just don't get it.

The evidence clearly shows people don't want change so why does everyone continue to act like halo needs to change?

Tawpgun

And I realized my mistake. I was about to post something else in retaliation but I posted the ignore thing instead.

Trey

What is this whole argument about, anyways?

It kind of slingshotted around a few of the usual arguments but his major beef seems to be with -- in his opinion of course -- a lack of initiative on 343's part to properly address the high tier players in the meta.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Because everyone with a different opinion should be banned /waypoint logic
...Have you read any posts here other than your own? There are so, so many people here that are skeptical of Halo 4, myself included. Many of us are worried about how these new changes may reduce the "skill gap", thus affecting the integrity of the game.

The difference is that these people present their concerns in a logical manner, not solely for the purpose of soliciting a reaction. God, even kyle, probably the most vocal critic of what he's seen of Halo 4 makes some good points. All your posts have been "here's my opinion, no point in arguing. I've been around the block with my mad Halo skills."

Also, I figure I should stop shitting up the thread as well with posts like these. I'll take Tawp's advice and put you on ignore, I guess.

/halogaf classic

FyreWulff

Every country that has the money in the world has a soccer team. Why wouldn't FIFA be up there?

Last I checked, anniversary settings are nothing like Halo:CE.

No, a 3sk pistol =/= Halo:CE.

This is the same shit I ran into on Optimatch. "Well, your playlist is there" "BU BU IT'S NOT ACTUALLY IT"

Anniversary Classic is 3SK pistol with CE-style walk speed, jump height, damage, and bleed through. I don't know how more Halo 1 you can get.

It kind of slingshotted around a few of the usual arguments but his major beef seems to be with -- in his opinion of course -- a lack of initiative on 343's part to properly address the high tier players in the meta.

didnt it start because he wanted1 more bullet in the dmr?

Sai-kun

Banned
Anniversary Classic is 3SK pistol with CE-style walk speed, jump height, damage, and bleed through. I don't know how more Halo 1 you can get.

they could have just made halo 1 online, IDIOT. THAT'S how it could have been more Halo 1. DUH. DUMMY. CMON. THINK. GOSHHHHH

Trey

Yes TAG, that does seem to be the light for the fuse. Came out of nowhere.

Every country that has the money in the world has a soccer team. Why wouldn't FIFA be up there?

This is the same shit I ran into on Optimatch. "Well, your playlist is there" "BU BU IT'S NOT ACTUALLY IT"

Make it offline only. Preserve authenticity. The definitive Halo by the people who won't stop remaking Combat Evolved.

Released

Other than the 3sk, the pistol behaves nothing like the one in CE. It's an inconsistent mess with a shallow clip.

Other than that, there's many important aspects of CE's gameplay that are absent in Anni Classic. The player spawn system, the weapon/item spawn system, the strafe, the momentum melees, plasma freeze, nades, etc. It's a completely different game.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We were in a happy place not too long ago lol

Anyway, looked in the video to me like shield popping got a boost. It really stuck out to me. I hope audio cue is very loud too. I thought those additions to Reach were huge.

Fotos

Other than the 3sk, the pistol behaves nothing like the one in CE. It's an inconsistent mess with a shallow clip.

Other than that, there's many important aspects of CE's gameplay that are absent in Anni Classic. The player spawn system, the weapon/item spawn system, the strafe, the momentum melees, plasma freeze, nades, etc. It's a completely different game.

Well obviously its not going to be the same its on a different game

FyreWulff

It isn't the case.

Reach is not Halo. It changed far too much and people stopped playing it.

Look at the early sales of Reach when people thought it was going to be a new Halo.

Reach's online population actually trended upwards. So more people started playing it than before.

Reach wasn't a failure, financially or population wise.

TCKaos

Reach is not Halo.

But... it is Halo.

It says so right on the box.

In fact, that's why I bought it.

But in a serious response, Halo 3 was falling in the charts long before Reach was even announced (specifically the CoD4 and MW2, if I remember correctly). No one left because of Reach. They left because of Battlefield 3, Black Ops and FIFA. People have different tastes. Hell, there are different people. Just because your tastes haven't changed doesn't mean that no one elses have changed.

Sai-kun

Banned
It isn't the case.

Reach is not Halo. It changed far too much and people stopped playing it.

Look at the early sales of Reach when people thought it was going to be a new Halo.

uhhh i'm holding my box in my hand right now

and on the spine it says

H A L O

and the in smaller letters next to it

R E A C H

so i'm pretty sure this is a halo game still!

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

There are more weapons in Halo:CE than just the pistol

Then why do you seem to think a 4sk BR will bring back the glory days of Halo 3?
Please do quote me.

Oh, wait, I never claimed that. Hell, I don't even want that. Apparently I'm the only one who wants balance and a 5sk BR is not balanced.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
uhhh i'm holding my box in my hand right now

and on the spine it says

H A L O

and the in smaller letters next to it

R E A C H

so i'm pretty sure this is a halo game still!

Look man I played Halo with some of the best players so I know what Halo is.

Trey

Please do quote me.

Oh, wait, I never claimed that. Hell, I don't even want that. Apparently I'm the only one who wants balance and a 5sk BR is not balanced.

Perhaps not relative to prior Halo games, but you quite literally cannot say that about Halo 4 without knowing a lot more particulars.

5sk isn't inherently unbalanced.

FyreWulff

How is it unbalanced? Explain. There's spread and firing rate to consider. For all you know, the BR will be 5 shot but kill in the same time as a 4 shot in 2 or 3.

Pop

Please do quote me.

What... haha

So you don't want a 4sk BR but 5sk BR isn't balanced? I think you're confusing yourself now.

Slaker117

Please do quote me.

You see this right here? This single sentence is why people don't like you. It's not because you have opinions. It's because you make assumptions about things you do not know and claim superiority over people who refuse to make the same leap in logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom