• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It's simple you're balancing the on the assumption that only bad players play it.

You have no consideration for players who will actually hit the perfect kill time for a weapon consistently.

That is why you (343) think the BR having a .4 second slower kill time compared to the DMR and carbine is balanced is still "balanced"

That is why the max kills per magazine is lowered because of this assumption no one will get perfect accuracy and the extra ammo is just there to spray and pray with.

With this mindset, sure 14 rounds is fine and balanced but again there is no consideration for players who don't or rarely miss.

You're wrong and you are bad at explaining things. And talking to people.

Swarmerr

I'm actually cringing right now.

13067.gif

(in honor of Plywood).

Best gif ever.

Enfinit

It's simple you're balancing the on the assumption that only bad players play it.

You have no consideration for players who will actually hit the perfect kill time for a weapon consistently.

That is why you (343) think the BR having a .4 second slower kill time compared to the DMR and carbine is still "balanced"

That is why the max kills per magazine is lowered because of this assumption no one will get perfect accuracy and the extra ammo is just there to spray and pray with.

With this mindset, sure 14 rounds is fine and balanced but again there is no consideration for players who don't or rarely miss.

13067.gif

(in honor of Plywood).

That is why you (343) think the BR having a .4 second slower kill time compared to the DMR and carbine is still "balanced"

I won't always agree with their conclusions, in fact I'm sure I won't but that is not what 343 aims to do I'm sure. They have plenty of data amassed from the other games in which to draw conclusions on the best way to balance out the game.

kylej

Banned
Something tells me that using the word 'retard' over and over and using inflammatory language like that will ensure that he wont be around for very long.

Frankie used retard in the update. I was surprised SensiGAF didn't call him out on it.

Trey

The consideration is there: they need to use grenades, switch weapons, or have a power weapon in order to take out a full health team by themselves. This is leveraged against encouraging better accuracy. Even more of a reason since weapon switching is apparently more powerful.

You have startled the endangered Frankie. Hope you are happy.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
You're wrong and you are bad at explaining things. And talking to people.

Than please, stop giving vague answers and actually give us the data we want and need to actually understand as well as you apparently do.

What is the perfect kill times of the main utility weapons?

What is the number of shots to kill vs magazine size?

Etc.

Don't act like we need context. Give us the real data.

I don't think it would behoove any game dev to ignore any group of players if they can help it. From those who pick the game up quickly/grizzled veterans to newer/not as good players. Reach was bad because it encouraged just generally annoying gameplay rather than good gameplay. Armor lock spam, jetpacking on top of lights/structures, evading with shotgun/sword. Reach should be named Cheese.

DD-11

Than please, stop giving vague answers and actually give us the data we want and need to actually understand as well as you apparently do.

Etc.

Well since you have been so great and asked so politely, I'm sure Frankie is compiling all the information just for you.

Enfinit

Etc.

Baldy basically told you to fuck off (although that was just using context clues), not sure how you're still expecting answers. You didn't even say please. Where are your manners? In the toilet where you left your logic?

Come on. Take a step back and breath.

Noricart

Why does this thread always go to shit at night?
Baldy basically told you to fuck off (although that was just using context clues), not sure how you're still expecting answers. You didn't even say please. Where are your manners? In the toilet where you left your logic?
Dude, turn it down. He fucked up, he doesn't need speech about it.
btw, Sig is on a run right now. It might be the run.

http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic
Not sure it will be THE run.

Gray Man

Banned

Etc.

2FK2

Please, go away. I'm being polite, while you are being very rude to a lot of respected members of the Halo community, including someone who works at 343 and demanding he give you information you so desperately needs.

Go get some sleep, and come back tomorrow with a better attitude, no one here has a problem with juniors and new members posting, but please try and keep your posts intelligent and in good taste.

I'm pretty sure most of HaloGAF would agree.

Trey

No matter what 343 does at this point, a significant amount of people will bitch. So I've convinced myself that the options suite will be impressively flexible.

I do like how certain folks want a plethora of options and how they ask for this placation/boon. Basically "let us change the values and effects of everything because your shit will basically suck."

Ken

Etc.

Etc.

Just relax mate. The game will be shifting all those figures right up until going gold. Do you know what happens after launching the game? That's right more tweaks and balances month after month.

There is no perfect kill time, it's a lie. There is subjective opinion and what is perfect for one player is different for the next. The fact you tout kill times over say network conditions or hitscan etc shows me how little you really know about balance and online fairness. If you're going to wax lyrical about balance at least focus on the correct "fairness aspects" of online play".

If you're going on about competitive play then it applies to LAN and there is more than enough customisation to deliver what you, MLG or some "terribad player" wants (as you put it).

Please stop hounding the issue now.

There's a reason why I choosed not to reply to that question. I want to avoid escalation of raged complaints. Simply moving on to another topic if someone else may present it as an interesting post to the rest of the community that won't cause such controversy and confusion.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There's a reason why I choosed not to reply to that question. I want to avoid escalation of raged complaints. Simply moving on to another topic if someone else may present it as an interesting post to the rest of the community that won't cause such controversy and confusion.

Grenades spew out BRs when they hit a surface.

kylej

Banned
Persistent son of a bitch isn't he?

Wow.

That's one way of putting it. Insane would be another.

He's been playing sloppy all day, then news came that Honey broke his WR. When Sig turns his mic off, you know shit is serious. I can't stay up for the whole run unfortunately because it's looking like a god run.

Tawpgun

Halo 1 set the foundation for Halo multiplayer, but in today's environment it is outdated. We don't use campaign to balance multiplayer weaponry anymore.

Won't stop certain people thinking I apparently want skill removed from Halo though.

As insanely fun as Halo CE was, it is true that it was essentially Pistol + power weapons as far as weapons went.

Has much changed?

Halo 2 = BR and Power Weapons
Halo 3 = BR and Power Weapons
Halo Reach = DMR and Power Weapons

Sure, you could use the AR and if you want to be crouching everywhere, sticking to CQC, you could use dual wielding combos...

But the BR is always going to be the go to gun with the highest lethality and reliability, and the power weapons will always help you turn the tide of battle.

The big difference between CE and the rest of the titles, is that at least things like the plasma pistol and plasma rifle could be DECENT on their own. Not as good as a pistol, but better than some of the useless weapons we found in Halo 2, 3, and Reach.

However that's not the point I want to make.

It seems that Halo is moving not to an out-dated model of combat, but to a very unpopular one. One that only resonates with a hardcore audience, meaning the higher emphasis on teamwork and the lower emphasis on the individual.

heckfu

Banned

Come on. Take a step back and breath.
I think this is your most well-reasoned and worded post yet. I can finally approve of you dreaming about me.

Blissful

Neo Member
I can't believe how you guys just feed this mofo with attention. I read his posts and concluded that he is talking out of his ass. I prayed that he would bring up or even mention a competitive ranking system since he is getting all the attention and responses from Frankie, but no, he decides to gloat about his 1337 skills and how he plays with the best of the best.

I have a better chance getting laid this weekend than getting an answer on whether or not Halo 4 has a competitive ranking system.... guess I better take some cash out of my Halo LE fund so I can buy myself some rubber

IDK why people are complaining about a 5 shot kill BR tbh.
Not only is it hit scan, but no bloom as well.
It is going to be the like zero bloom DMR in Reach, but shoots faster.
AKA fucking sweet.

Well, no it's not going to be like the zero bloom DMR. Nothing will shoot faster than the max firing rate of the zero bloom DMR, it has recoil, it has spread, it has a 2x scope.

The H4 BR will definitely be better than the H3 BR though.

Totally side note, and this is not directed as a single individual, but can we stop asking about a ranking system 100 times a day? 343 is going to tell us if there is one eventually and given that there is, they will detail it, but how often do we honestly need to beg for it? I'm sure the decision on it has been made, and we'll hear about it when we hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom